Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 129 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 3209

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Biomieg mentioned it before, but I see there was no follow-up.

When using "Search" there is no option to get the actual posts in the result, only the the entire thread is displayed.
    If it's a thread of 200+ post on multiple pages the result is still worthless.

In the previous forum you could choose if the results where posts or threads.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, I found the solution to my own question. If you choose 'advanced search' and then choose 'search single content type', search type = 'posts', and then scroll down and tick 'show results as posts' you get the posts instead of the threads. But it's definitely more complex than it used to be.

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When I had the possibility to tick a checkbox called 'show results as posts', then I wouldn't ask the question.

Maybe I'm becoming legally blind, but I don't see it on my screen.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I know you wouldn't I couldn't find it myself at first, but it's there - you first need to click on the 'Search Single Content Type' tab that you see on the top left in your picture; there are different options there.

Country
    Country Flag

Damn, you're right! Always had the impression it already opened in that tab (for some reaseon) and never bothered to click it.

Now there is the option I'm looking for. Thanks Bio!

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    I have been having a problem for at least a few days now that the reply and reply with quote buttons click but I just get the working circle and an Error on page note at the bottom left of my screen.
    There may be an actual problem that makes this happen because it happens to me a lot. I just double click the button fast and it works for me.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The exact same thing happens to me all the time. Like bethany, I have to click really fast a bunch of times in a row to get it to work.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    I have been having a problem for at least a few days now that the reply and reply with quote buttons click but I just get the working circle and an Error on page note at the bottom left of my screen.
    There may be an actual problem that makes this happen because it happens to me a lot. I just double click the button fast and it works for me.
    Well it just happened to me again and clicking the button a bunch of times it worked, so looks like there is a problem but at least I now know a way around it, thanks.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What browser are you using, and which style are you viewing the forum in?

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, it happens to me on my work computer where I use IE8 and it happens at home on my laptop where I use Firefox. I use the default forum setting for both locations.

It will work, but you just have to click about 10 times in a row really fast to make it not just have the "thinking" circle sit there for a long time. This has been going on for me since the update.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    What browser are you using, and which style are you viewing the forum in?
    Browser is IE8, not sure what style I am in, did not know there was more than one

Earlier today the button worked normal and just now I had to hit it like 4 times before it worked.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

So far I am unable to duplicate it. I'll ask my son to help (he's the Comp Science wiz who fixed the Gender and Country flag under the postbit, as well as added most of the skins).

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Jerome, it happens to me on my work computer where I use IE8 and it happens at home on my laptop where I use Firefox. I use the default forum setting for both locations.

It will work, but you just have to click about 10 times in a row really fast to make it not just have the "thinking" circle sit there for a long time. This has been going on for me since the update.
    Same info as Erin, except I can get to work with a really rapid double click (by-product of working with the most thrown together computer system in the world but that's another gripe)
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I've seen number of people ask about that reply and reply with quote button bug on Vbulletin forums with no answers whatsoever from devs. This means that there is most likely no fix for it, as Vbulletin devs tend to just ignore problems that they have no answer for. If it really gets on your nerves, an easier workaround than fast clicking would be to right click it and pick open in new tab. This will likely make it load properly on the first click, though it won't be a streamlined process of having the box on the same page. It will be more akin to old school replying or advanced replying as it stands now. It should at least work, though.

VB4 has a lot of unacknowledged bugs. The devs have limited support to owners these days, too. It seems to me that they are really going down hill.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default My Posts

well i may be New here, but i sure hope i post this in the right place. can someone look at how many posts i have? i should have like 82 maybe? & it's not posting for me right.

sometimes it does & sometimes it doesn't. on the my posts on my profile i pretty much figured out that it takes about a day or so to add up. but after i post something, that

normally posts right away. thank you

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    well i may be New here, but i sure hope i post this in the right place. can someone look at how many posts i have? i should have like 82 maybe? & it's not posting for me right.

sometimes it does & sometimes it doesn't. on the my posts on my profile i pretty much figured out that it takes about a day or so to add up. but after i post something, that

normally posts right away. thank you
    Certain forums do not add to your post count when you post in them. I can't remember exactly which ones. Your accurate post count is listed below your avatar in your posts. You have 80.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

thank you, i was just curious that's all. thank you it kinda reminds me of one site i'm a member it it's got a similar system. it's a strange system. but oh well thanx you.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Forums and sub-sections deemed 'off topic' generally do not increase your post count. This system was implemented to encourage new users to post in the on topic (i.e, Dark Tower related threads). This thread will be merged shortly. Hope this helped !

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yes it does actually thankee

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been using the Take Five 5 skin. I like it. But you can't see everything on user profile pages. You know what I'm talking about?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. I have it on a list for my son to look at. He's pretty busy with college the next few weeks, but a fix is being looked into.
    Jerome

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool. That's excellent. Many thanks.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI, recently I noticed the site was slow to access. We have added a CPU to the VPS and now it seems to be lightning quick.
    Enjoy.

Jerome

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ah, that explains it! I thought my internet provider had come to their senses. Thank you Jerome!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic! I thought since I was in a rural area I was getting slowed down by someone "up" the line.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 129 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 ... LastLast