Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchie View Post
    *shrug*

I just think that part of the fun of having a unique avatar is being able to have one with something written in it or whatever, and have it readable. At 50x50, anyone with resolutions above 800x600 will find them kinda small for text and such.
    Oh, so are you asking for larger avatars for everyone?

This is one reason that I kind of prefer having avs off to the left of people's posts instead of at the top, then av size can be bigger.

Traveler Squatchie is on a distinguished road Squatchie's Avatar

Yeah, the format of it over the post instead of to the left definitely is taking some getting used to.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's going to take a lot more getting used to when we have lots of members with long-ass sigs that go on for half a page in addition to all the bars with the avatar/member names.

Traveler Squatchie is on a distinguished road Squatchie's Avatar

At that point, you're going to want them to have avatars just so you know when the sig ends.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good point.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Yay for big P! Now I won't have to remember to do a little p when I want to stick my tongue out.

That sounds weird.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

So no sig character limits here? Damn. THe uber-long ones bug me.

Nerak, I can't help but notice your sig. You're welcome re: David Ortiz.

*Twins fan*

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Laura, I honestly think a sig character limit is a good idea. I jokingly complained about it, but it's smart.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We're still working these limits--I gotta figure out what's reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post

Nerak, I can't help but notice your sig. You're welcome re: David Ortiz.

*Twins fan*
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    We're still working these limits--I gotta figure out what's reasonable.
    So I suppose that means you'll somehow limit image size in sigs as well?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    You should have seen my "toooo long" test sig.
    Probably 1,000 words.
    I'll be happy to see a reasonable limit.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

When you click on any of the forums in the main area, on the bottom right it says "Moderators" (twice I think).

Will that be changed to say something else, like "Facilitators" or "Forum Management" or something?

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if we can do that, Patrick. Matt might know how, but I was under the impression that it was something that would have to be recoded rather than just edited, as we can do with most of the rest of the board. I don't think we can change the names of the buttons on the menu bar either. Without programming, I mean. But then it may be something that our designer can change easily.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Regular members of the forum have the following sig limits

Photo: 500x200 max--2k

Text: 250 total length

Admin on the site have not been fixed because I believe we can police ourselves.

As far as the "moderators" at the bottom of the forum page...that might take some work. I looked and only saw it once though. :dancing:

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I'm thinking that there is a way to edit group names, or perhaps create new groups with the same permissions, but I can't remember for sure.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah, the groups are all edited with the right names.

I think Patrick is talking about that little box at the bottom of the page when you enter a forum.

It says "Moderators" and lists those folks.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

yay for sig limits! Thanks, Matt.

When you click on a forum name on the main page: It will then say "Moderators"
    on the black bar, then again right below that before listing everyone's name. It's redundant actually.

EDIT: Matt is correct.
    Last edited by Patrick; 05-04-2007 at 09:36 PM. Reason: just saw Matt's post
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh...

I see what you mean, it is a bit redundant. Chris might know what template to modify that but I'm not sure.

I think that people are kind of used to seeing that word to signify the "staff" so I am not sure if it takes away from the structure too much.

**considers back burner**

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree that if it takes some effort, it is totally backburner. It would just be nice to skip the term altogether if it's an easy fix.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Will is on a distinguished road Will's Avatar

People said I was dumb, but I proved them.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It wasn't deleted Will, it was simply moved.

I figured since so many new people were showing up it would be nice for them not to know all the inside stuff. We are kind of past the original group.

It wasn't to hurt anyone and I noticed a thread at camp about it so I thought the discussion could go on there for those who have a personal stake in the situation.

It was not the only one, I moved several today.

If you want to have it back, I can do that I guess.

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will--RDJ LP!!
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

New Question:

The Comic Tower forum will hold discussions about the DT comic series. This may lead to discussions about other comics, brands, etc. Where do conversations about other comic books/comic industry go? Same forum, or elsewhere?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think a subforum in there would be useful for that.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks, Matt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast