Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I wondered about that too. All night actually.

I am not sure how much we need to consider a person getting spoiled after this much time. We have an entire section for it which I would like to break into chapters so there will always be a place you can that is spoiler free.

That being said, it is going to happen obviously and I think we need to have an option to cover up spoilers. I can find one for sure, already just about got it done as a matter of fact.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The spoiler requirements will vary depending on the forum being posted in. In the reread forum, you are catering to people who have already read the series, so spoilers will not have to be marked, but the onnest forum is for first time readers, and therefore would, though it would vary by subforum/book. I would think that major spoilers, such as characters who die and the loop should be marked anywhere else on the site, just to be sure. Once we get a spoiler function up and I'm sure of how it will work, I'll be editing in another posting guideline about it.

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    and on that pee wee note

Pee-wee: There's a lotta things about me you don't know anything about, mike beck. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you couldn't understand. Things you shouldn't understand
    lol! heck yes. i was scared no one would get the pee wee thing, but there ya go, eh?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    The spoiler requirements will vary depending on the forum being posted in. In the reread forum, you are catering to people who have already read the series, so spoilers will not have to be marked, but the onnest forum is for first time readers, and therefore would, though it would vary by subforum/book. I would think that major spoilers, such as characters who die and the loop should be marked anywhere else on the site, just to be sure. Once we get a spoiler function up and I'm sure of how it will work, I'll be editing in another posting guideline about it.
    I like this guide line a lot, major spoilers on the rest of the site need to be tagged.

I have put one in, its the new button in your tool bar in replies.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

How come some people have "Junior Member" as their title (in the Member List)? Just wondering.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheeky
    Country
    Country Flag

Are those just the people who have 0 posts?

Traveler Squatchie is on a distinguished road Squatchie's Avatar

Are the avatar settings going to remain at 50x50? And how come some people's are larger than that?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Can we add smilies, even just the standard ones, that correspond to:

and

Thanks.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Patrick,

do you mean add them to the side window?
    They are there under the more option.:p

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Patrick, try the tongue smiley with a little p ... : p
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

:p

I'll be damned, the lowercase "p" worked. Thanks.

How about the other one?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That one I don't have but I plan to add it, its on my "to-do" list at home.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

We just need some graphically talented(mike beck) person to design a darktower themed smiley pack.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Matt. I have a limited brain capacity to memorize smilie code, so I need all the ones I can remember.

Ok, add the blushing smilie to your list.

I thought we'd established that it was a capital-P for the smiley?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

EEEK!!!

I thought you said lower Shann, I can totally replace it. Maybe we should have a poll.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Capital P is the standard, I believe.

"If you're down with P, well then you're down with me."

Well, you can leave it as the little P, but I'm pretty sure both Patrick and I will never get used to it.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I Shann for appreciating Rick Ocasek lyrics.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think we'll go little p

I like to see that tounge out as much as possible.

Big P Big P Big P.

<-- is a fan of the big P's

And, I was serious about the avatar question. It got lost in all the tongue-talk.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooops--big P I mean.

it should be changed now.

I am going to check into the avatar thing, I haven't set anything special for certain people.

**adds to list* <---big P

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the big P, Matt.

What? Squatchie has avatar envy?

Actually an automatic standardizer resizer function (like at the mothership) would make adding avatars smoother for everyone.

*shrug*

I just think that part of the fun of having a unique avatar is being able to have one with something written in it or whatever, and have it readable. At 50x50, anyone with resolutions above 800x600 will find them kinda small for text and such.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Yay for big P! Now I won't have to remember to do a little p when I want to stick my tongue out.

That sounds weird.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast