Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical questions about the site

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Is there a way to set "user's local time" here? I didn't see it in the Edit Profile. GMT confuses me.
    it's in edit options scroll down.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    she's right. i read this 15 minutes ago, and it's still listed as new.

i'm also having an issue where i go to a thread, click the last post icon, and it takes me to the last post from the time before the last time.

does that make sense?
    wow--I'm not sure you guys, it could be 5 minutes. I have been watching every thing all day and it seems to be working.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is no discernable difference in the two off-topic areas, aside from the fact that they are in different areas and will have different facilitators. The main point is to just spread out the discussion across the board so that it doesn't take the main focus of the site, as it did with AE. Also, this should make it a bit more manageable.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that's a good idea as far as spreading out the off topic discussion. I see only one potential problem with the idea and maybe y'all already have thought of it but wouldn't there be some confusion as to which off topic forum to put a thread in? Would there just be a general rule that there couldn't be duplicates or clones of a thread in both forums? And am I correct in assuming that whichever of those two forums had a specific thread started in it would take precedent over the other for such a thread?

Gunslinger Apprentice Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheeky
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, with the example I brought up earlier, one of the off-topic sections seemed to revolve around the posting games and less serious conversation while the other had the more serious discussions.

Gunslinger Apprentice Will is on a distinguished road Will's Avatar

People said I was dumb, but I proved them.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

oh, okay! I just became confused by Aaron's post which said there was no discernable difference between the two areas.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    There is no discernable difference in the two off-topic areas, aside from the fact that they are in different areas and will have different facilitators. The main point is to just spread out the discussion across the board so that it doesn't take the main focus of the site, as it did with AE. Also, this should make it a bit more manageable.
    ok, thanks for clearing that up. It makes sence to do that and learn from what happened over at tdt.net and not make those same mistakes.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

um yes. i have a question.

when are we going to see the basement?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There's no basement in the Alamo!
    /pee wee's big adventure.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    The basement here is scary.

There's monsters down there. You know like those things that come out of thinnys? Those kind of monsters.

What in the blue hell are those called again and why can't I remember?
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

and on that pee wee note

Pee-wee: There's a lotta things about me you don't know anything about, mike beck. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you couldn't understand. Things you shouldn't understand

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Country
    Country Flag

There would be no prerequisite for types of threads for the forums. You could post any thread in either room, and the Facilitators between those rooms will just need to keep their eyes open for duplicates, and threads can be merged between forums. The oldest existing thread on the topic would be the one that remains, and the new thread would be merged into it. The thread would be placed--for the time being--in the forum that the discussion was most recently in. Example: There is a thread about Evolution in The Dixie Pig, but it hasn't been active for a while. Someone starts a new thread in Blue Heaven about Natural Selection. The facilitator in Blue Heaven remembers that there is a thread about evolution in the Dixie Pig, so they do a search and find it. They then move that thread to Blue Heaven and merge the new thread with it. This way the threads are merged, but the poster of the mew topic can find the new thread without having to check the other forum.

Please note, though, that this is not going to be something that we are going to be hardcore on. If there are some duplicate threads across two different forums, it's no big deal. They can be merged anytime. We just have to make sure that the members posting in them last know where to locate the topic after the changes have been made.

Of course, I am thinking that there will be some natural shift to where one forum talks about one type of thing, and the other goes somewhere else. But it won't be games and such. Those would go in Fedic Station.

Have I confused you all more than before?

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Do we have to allow the post whoring games--word association, who's above you, whatever? There are a zillion other sites where you can play those.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Country
    Country Flag

We don't have to allow them, since there is nothing special to be gained from a high post count, but I would still allow them, simply because it would be more work to try and stop people from posting them than it would actually be to moderate them. Those threads--because of how they are set up--should never need moderation. No disputes, no bickering, none of that shit. So it would probably be easiest just to let them exist.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

We don't have to allow them, since there is nothing special to be gained from a high post count, but I would still allow them, simply because it would be more work to try and stop people from posting them than it would actually be to moderate them. Those threads--because of how they are set up--should never need moderation. No disputes, no bickering, none of that shit. So it would probably be easiest just to let them exist.
    unless some asshole kids spoil who dies for you in one of the games, that is.

can you tell i'm still very fucking bitter?

Country
    Country Flag

Ahh, yes. That is one situation, but the majority of the games that I've seen aren't set up in such a way that they could do that. I'm guessing it was Word Association that this ocurred in? I just don't see disallowing a type of thread because one of them could potentially cause a problem. We'd just put it in the rules to not use spoilers.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

And then jump peoples shit for doing it hardcore.

Gunslinger Apprentice Will is on a distinguished road Will's Avatar

People said I was dumb, but I proved them.

Country
    Country Flag

I am sorry that that happened to you, though. We're gonna have to be really strict with spoilers.

Matt

Do we have a spoiler tag option, or is that something we're gonna have to install?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm...good question. I will add it to the list to ask my phone support guy.

I really want to use his ass.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Ahh, yes. That is one situation, but the majority of the games that I've seen aren't set up in such a way that they could do that. I'm guessing it was Word Association that this ocurred in? I just don't see disallowing a type of thread because one of them could potentially cause a problem. We'd just put it in the rules to not use spoilers.
    actually, it was the person above you game.

so and so cried when so and so died.

so and so cried even harder when so and so died.

then i cried.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    it's in edit options scroll down.
    Thanks!

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I really want to use his ass.

Um...careful! Some of us would like that!

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure there's a way to add a spoiler function. My question is, how long after a book's release should we consider info "spoilerworthy"? Certainly, in the month or two after it comes out, but by now we've had DT7 for almost three years. Do we still have to consider information there spoiler-protected?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast