Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 129 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This thread gives step by step instructions including screen shots on how to post an image using a picture hosting service like imageshack.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

thanks, I was actually talking about a personal photo or that sort, nothing large or extravagant. Is that the same? And what is the difference between the image button and the attachment button? Can that one be used for pics?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

At the bottom of this post is an uploaded image, done by clicking on the Manage attachments button.
    There are greater restrictions on the size using this feature.
    If you upload the image here to the gallery, or use an image hosting site you can upload larger pictures.
    Notice that it is a thumbnail image and a person has to click on it again to see the larger image.
    In addition, the person then has to hit the back button on their browser to return to the post-irritating to say the least.
    If you upload to the gallery, or use a hosting service and use the Insert image button, the picture is in your post full size, without the neeed for someone to click again.

Here is the image using a hosting service:

And here is the attachment image:
    Attached Images

Gunslinger Apprentice JasKo is on a distinguished road JasKo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just a small addon to the "home-button" thingie.

If you want to scroll down all the way of the page, just hit the "End" button and you'll go there. Also, when you're typing something in a post or in word document or any other document stuff, if you want to go back to the beginning of the line, to correct something, just hit the "Home" button there as well, and then to go back to the end of the line, so that you can continue typing, just hit the "End" button... but I'm sure you all knew this!
    /You Suck!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

or, while we are at it, hit Ctrl + left/right arrow, and you'll be, respectively, at the beginning/end of the word you're typing. I am not sure it's about the site, but I know it's, too, one of those little nice things people are sometimes unaware of.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks so much for the help Randall, I'll try to give it a go.

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

'Your Usergroup is not allowed to create Tournaments'

Who is allowed to start a tournament in the arcade?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm...settings screw up, anyone should be able to do it. Hold on.

should be good to go now.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

control+F allows you to seach for a certain word on the page.

if you would like to read all of the posts by a certain member in one thread, click "search this thread" at the top of the page. go to advanced search. type in the user name where it says "search by user name" (dur) then hit "search now." this will return all of the posts made by that user in that thread.

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is there a way to figure out how many posts I have in total, including in off-topic areas?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not easily.
    You could search your own posts, tally them up and have a total.
    Quality, not quantity of posts is important for the forum to thrive.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh I'm just curious. That would be pretty lengthy to do though. Thanks anyways.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Oh I'm just curious. That would be pretty lengthy to do though. Thanks anyways.
    Not that tough.
    The inquiry reveals you have ~468 posts.
    It's on the top line of the "Find all posts by this member". I bracketed it in red.

EDIT: RIGHT NOW IT SEEMS TO CAP AT YOUR LAST 500 POSTS.-Looking into that.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG now I have to see what I have.

ETA: Looks like it only tracks your last 500 posts.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It seems to cap at 500. Obviously you have more.
    Also, that could create difficulties, somtimes it's easiest to search ones own posts,or others far, far, back, for relevant information.
    Matt--------------where are you?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh well. I'm such a post-whore that I figure I have at least 1/3 more in "uncounted" posts.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

What's wrong with the site? It's so s l o w!! Matt, are you upgrading again?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Was the site slow? Sunday nights are bad for me.

The post thing, I can try to find an answer on.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The site was decidedly slow Sunday evening. But seems fine now.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Oh well. I'm such a post-whore that I figure I have at least 1/3 more in "uncounted" posts.
    I'd guess it's more than that. You have more than 500 posts so far this month.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just looking for the curiosity factor. I really don't care.

But yeah, you're probably right.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post

I was just looking for the curiosity factor. I really don't care.

But yeah, you're probably right.
    No probably! I actually checked.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The board is fine now...possibly just a random beamquake

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate those darn beamquakes...the little ones screw up your computer and the big ones bring the nut jobs out of the woodwork.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 129 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast