Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are you saying something about my equipment?
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt - in book connections, when you click on the Black House link it takes you straight to the discussion and the cover image no longer works.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It's got something to do with when he was changing the discussion threads for the Baronies. Hopefully he'll change it back.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel like such a dufus, having just noticed the lengthy discussion about this in the other thread

I'm with you Daggers, I prefer it the old way - otherwise its like presenting your notes and your final paper on the same sheet (ooh, I'm just full of sh...metaphors today!)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

There are also some broken images out there, I am fixing them. Still haven't figured out why that happens but all you have to do to fix it is edit the article, dont' change anything and save
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah groovy, I'll remember that

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think sometimes the broken pics are because of the name of the pic - I try not to use anything that may be a wiki word.

And Darkthoughts said it exactly - it looks like your notes and a final paper - sloppy. I prefer the way it looked before.

We Calvins are neat freaks, you know.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Matts on the case

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm about ready to sig that comment Darkthoughts made.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I think sometimes the broken pics are because of the name of the pic - I try not to use anything that may be a wiki word.

And Darkthoughts said it exactly - it looks like your notes and a final paper - sloppy. I prefer the way it looked before.

We Calvins are neat freaks, you know.
    Its back now, I just wanted to show the alternative.

As far as the images, out of the box NuWiki is set to ignore anything that is within [img] tags. Since we use an [xfloat] tag I had to alter the code to ignore that as well. That fixed it I believe.

I think the broken images happened yesterday because I had to rebuild the post cache as routine maint on the site.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt saves the day again
    Victory trumpet sounds

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I wondered if it was the xfloat vs. the img thing. Cool - now I can start naming my pics so I can find them.

And thanks for putting that back - I like it a lot better.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Yeah, I'm about ready to sig that comment Darkthoughts made.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Seriously, I spit water all over my monitor. It would have been liquor but I'm on cold meds at the moment.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does Who Is Online work properly for everyone? For me it's always what it was a few hours ago, with 7 unread posts and 1 unread PM - until I refresh it.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Who's online only refreshes once an hour on the site to save on server load.

From what I have read, it is one of the best ways out there to keep the common bit of slowdash.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, but I was kinda surprized that it kept showing me that pop-up window, insisting that I have a new PM... it was nice, because the PM was from Odetta, but very groundhog-dayish anyway.

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Which threads up your post count?

*is confused*

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

All but the offtopic areas

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Merci!

Off to use that info!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I used to have a message pop up and alert me to any new PM. I'm sure it's something that I did, but now I do not get the pop up. I KNOW it's not my pop up blocker.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I used to have a message pop up and alert me to any new PM. I'm sure it's something that I did, but now I do not get the pop up. I KNOW it's not my pop up blocker.
    Go to User CP (top left-hand corner) -> Edit Options -> Messaging & Notification -> Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up (tick)

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you sir!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm probably blind, but how do I subscribe to a thread?

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Click Thread tools, in drop down windows choose subscribe to thread.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast