Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 129 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 3209

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I get this several times a day for at least the last couple of days. Have already done the cache clearing and dns flushing but it still happens. If I refresh anywhere from 5 to 15 times or just wait several minutes, I can connect fine.

Happens in both IE and Firefox.

I am having the same problem in Chrome.

I also am not receiving emails to subscribed threads. I unsubscribed and resubscribed, but I'm pretty sure I'm still not getting them.

Admittedly, I am a technical nitwit, but clearing the cache, restarting machine, nothing has helped yet. That being said, I did update to Windows 10 a few weeks ago, but I believe it was working fine until the last week.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, me still - still no email notifications on my iMac with Safari. Done all of the above suggestions - nothing yet.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

So I cannot reach any page from a computer. I can from my phone on the same network however.
    When I ping the website from the computer I get "ping request could not find host www.thedarktower.org. please check the name and try again."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    So I cannot reach any page from a computer. I can from my phone on the same network however.
    When I ping the website from the computer I get "ping request could not find host www.thedarktower.org. please check the name and try again."
    Work PC?

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes but same one I use every day to get on and was on this morning then tried to open the next thread and it just stopped

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I haven't been able to access the site from my work pc since last week. I'm only on now via my android phone.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My son is the server tech person. He won't be home from work until ~10AM PDT today. I'll have him look into the issues and report back here in the thread.

I ran a diagnostic and it's clear that emails are not going out. That is a server configuration problem that Michael will have to correct.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It would help on screen shots of the error message if someone Copied and pasted the full URL in their post.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Hey Brian, I was having same issue with uploading photos. I have a Mac, opened photo in Preview, changed size (under Tools) from 72 to 52 resolution, and then image uploaded fine (although DT previously was able to upload the original size).
    Yea, Peri. Never had an issue before the switch either. I think the old server or whatnot sorted that stuff out on its own. Thanks for the info though! I'll give it a shot. Good luck with getting email notifications. I went through a hand full of threads manually to try and fix the issue. No dice. I really loved that feature so hopefully it will get sorted out. I haven't tried deleting all the threads and re-subscribing as they pop up in "What's New". That might be a fix.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    My son is the server tech person. He won't be home from work until ~10AM PDT today. I'll have him look into the issues and report back here in the thread.

I ran a diagnostic and it's clear that emails are not going out. That is a server configuration problem that Michael will have to correct.
    Appreciate it RF and all that you and the staff do for us nutty OCD collector types. Just frustration on my end when something doesn't work like it did before.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

So haven't been able to get it to open on my work laptop all day. Flushed dns and restarted still nothing just trying www.thedarktower.org. tapatalk stopped and phone browser stopped as well while on WiFi. Changed to data and it now working. Looks like the network is storing the DNS entry at work and I cant flush that one.

Traveler jterp5 will become famous soon enough

Does anyone know what "paid subscriptions" are?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Something Matt set up back in the day. I think it got you a few extra perks but nothing now a days. Rf had talked about doing a paid subscription to keep the ads away but instead runs a yearly fundraiser to help support the cost of the site (like there server and HDS he just had to replace).

Note to RF and Michael, emails are working again. Thanks guys you're the best!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, emails working... Well done.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad the e-mails are back.

For the better part of a day I couldn't connect to the site at all. The it seemed to get sorted, but today from the office, no-go again. Some message about "DNS server." But here at home it works fine. I'll check from the office tomorrow to see if it's still bollixed up.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Yep, emails working... Well done.
    Yes! Thanks, team!

Country
    Country Flag

RF, do you know if we'll ever be able to upload the actual size of photos and have the site adjust them accordingly or is that a thing of the past?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    RF, do you know if we'll ever be able to upload the actual size of photos and have the site adjust them accordingly or is that a thing of the past?
    The site has a size limitation Brian, but there are tags you can add when displaying it to make it appear smaller when viewed, but full size when clicked. What specifically are you trying to achieve?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post

For the better part of a day I couldn't connect to the site at all. The it seemed to get sorted, but today from the office, no-go again. Some message about "DNS server." But here at home it works fine. I'll check from the office tomorrow to see if it's still bollixed up.
    Did that to me all day yesterday from the office. Came in this morning and everything is working. They must flush out DNS overnight or something here.

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    The site has a size limitation Brian, but there are tags you can add when displaying it to make it appear smaller when viewed, but full size when clicked. What specifically are you trying to achieve?
    Simon if you look up thread at this post and above you will see what they are talking about
    Post: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1019470

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm in the office and all is working today. So far.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Did that to me all day yesterday from the office. Came in this morning and everything is working. They must flush out DNS overnight or something here.

Simon if you look up thread at this post and above you will see what they are talking about
    Ok, That file size mentioned is waaay too big to be accepted.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The site seems to be working today.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whatever your son did was terrific! Thanks!

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, That file size mentioned is waaay too big to be accepted.
    The file size wasn't an issue in the past, Simon. I was able to upload the original size without issue. Last night, I downsized from the original size to large size and it worked fine. I was just curious if that's something I'll need to do always moving forward. Not a big deal if so. Easy enough to do.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The photo size parameters haven't changed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 129 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast