Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 129 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, I know how to add some one to my buddy list but when I go to compose a PM I cannot find the buddy list on the screen. This kinda defeats the purpose of the buddy list.

How am I missing it??

Perhaps a screen shot would be more helpful...I'm kinda ...dim.
    Last edited by Jon; 01-13-2008 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Forgot something
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is there a thread on the site where books are bought and sold? In other words, I'd like to find a copy of the original Gunslinger, and I was wondering if there's a thread where I can go and say looking for....
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleT View Post
    Is there a thread on the site where books are bought and sold? In other words, I'd like to find a copy of the original Gunslinger, and I was wondering if there's a thread where I can go and say looking for....
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...read.php?t=966
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Brice, you seriously rock man, thanks for answering a bunch of my questions this morning. Anything I can do for you? beam bux? anything?

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice, you seriously rock man, thanks for answering a bunch of my questions this morning. Anything I can do for you? beam bux? anything?
    Yes, randomly send beam bucks to someone else if you would.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

*laffin* kewl do you have any preferences, send me a list.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

*laffin* kewl do you have any preferences, send me a list.
    I have plenty, but you pick.

If you rescue me

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Ok, I know how to add some one to my buddy list but when I go to compose a PM I cannot find the buddy list on the screen. This kinda defeats the purpose of the buddy list.

How am I missing it??
    bump

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I agree. I don't understand the point of the feature if you can't even click on the people in your buddy list, it seems redundant as it stands.

However, I know this was bought up a while ago too and Matt was going to look into it *hint hint*

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its sure on the list. I'll be honest with you guys, I'm not sure how it works or what settings are enabled with it.

I will see if I can come up with something though
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You rock O Gracious Leader!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hear, hear!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the explanation Matt, and thank you Jean for bumping it. You take good care of your "people" like a good mod should.

New problem; when I try to reply to any thread at this site, everything loads just fine but it takes 1 to 3 minutes for the cursor to appear in the reply box so I can begin typing.

I have:

1. Noticed this only in the past 4 days.

2. It has been happening with two totally separate computers.

3. It has been happening with two totally separate isp's.

4. It is only happening at this site and not others.

5. I have tried restarting BOTH computers to no avail.

6. It doesn't happen when I quote someone.

7. It doesn't happen when I edit.

8. It DOES happen when I am on advanced AND quick reply.

Is this some silly board setting I have screwed up?
    Last edited by Jon; 01-14-2008 at 05:27 AM. Reason: A test

Country
    Country Flag

you mean, after you click the box with your mouse?

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes to your question Jean...it's getting worse. This post took 16 minutes. I figure it may be my last until this is cleared up. It's odd that all other sites work and this one loads just fine. I have, as I said, had this problem with two different computers and two totally different isp's.

I figure I did something with my account's board setting.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    you mean, after you click the box with your mouse?

It's right as rain if I quote someone.

Country
    Country Flag

is the Quick Reply box ok?

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

is the Quick Reply box ok?

No, none are unless I am quoting.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish to post a poem. Do you mind if I quote some random post by you so I can? It's not my best work but it is a "lite" one which are few and far between with me.

Country
    Country Flag

no, I wouldn't mind! quote away!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

no, I wouldn't mind! quote away!
    Please point my problem out to Matt so he can tell me what I did wrong.

Thank you Jean.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I have found a temporary solution. I quote someone then post. I then edit the post and delete the quote. I have done this in this post as well as the poem.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmm...Jon, its really strange. I need to see if anyone else is having the problem because even if you have been through a few computers, it would have to be more than one for me to consider it a board problem.

Its working great for me.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Hmmmm...Jon, its really strange. I need to see if anyone else is having the problem because even if you have been through a few computers, it would have to be more than one for me to consider it a board problem.

Its working great for me.
    I have been at two computers and two different isp's.

I understand your point Matt, I just wondered if I fucked up my account's board settings and somehow caused this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 129 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast