Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 129 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3205

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Is that the reason the site only works for me now on WiFi?
    I dont think so, its just interesting, I'm looking for reasons why you couldn't access it on mobile. The first thing I thought of was DNS resolution issues and hitting the correct IP address would have helped diagnose that.
    My home internet connection went down yesterday, so I didn't have WiFi.

I couldn't connect to thedarktower.org with my cellular data plan. The same as Brian mentioned above.

I assume this is an anti-Brian conspiracy.
    Gotta be lol. Looks like it's working now.
    What makes you such a special Brian?? I thought we all were sticking together!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I’ve been digging and I think I have found the issue...

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Is this an Iphone/ Mac issue. Or is it affecting Android/PC users too?
    I have android. It's just your site. Other sites loaded properly.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a gut feeling you were behind this, Simon. I guess my time being a Brian is done. T-Bone it is.

https://youtu.be/4ScgSECwlTY

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had a gut feeling you were behind this, Simon. I guess my time being a Brian is done. T-Bone it is.

I was wondering when you were going to break out the alter ego lol.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

I was wondering when you were going to break out the alter ego lol.
    Many years ago, a boss of mine sent out a questionnaire to get to know her team better. One question asked what name you prefer to go by. Just because, I said T-Bone. I was officially T-Bone to the team for the next few years!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Classic lol.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I tried to host about 20 pics in the gallery here. I get a message saying the file sizes are too large to process. So I checked on file size limits (to know how much to resize them) and it says I have unlimited file size and capacity.
    So I hosted them on Google photos and several members say they can't see them (in Starkblast threads: Fottergraphs, Landscapes and wildlife, flowers, Bearrrs and The Palaver Castle). I see them just fine and they aren't particularly large.

Help!!

Here is one of the photos in question:

All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I tried to host about 20 pics in the gallery here. I get a message saying the file sizes are too large to process. So I checked on file size limits (to know how much to resize them) and it says I have unlimited file size and capacity.
    So I hosted them on Google photos and several members say they can't see them (in Starkblast threads: Fottergraphs, Landscapes and wildlife, flowers, Bearrrs and The Palaver Castle). I see them just fine and they aren't particularly large.

Help!!

Even if I go directly to that image, I get the same image seen here. FYI, unlimited file size and capacity refers to total limit for hosting images, not to the individual file size (pixels, and or actual file size).

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Help!!

I just see a gray circle with a white dash in the middle of it.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI, for our gallery, the individual pictures limits are 4800x3250 pixels, and 1600000 KB's.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Jon, The image you posted is not in the format recognised by the site. It has to reference a file that ends in a recognised graphic file type like .jpg, .jpeg, .png or .gif

Yours is a link to your hosting site and looks like this:

Code:
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/c9taJ73svzT4Mhi3KAdEyLtVDxaX5DjW8Nyz_nwHG-xlo7jc-hk4yFP2ky1CZZq8lPvEnGvi9dv5woZr3ZZ5bjHZB2v1lCaQ7eurhdVQ3qWhmTlVcBw3yOmWbFeieOGKyBN6mb5GaJfC8LrEgeQKuNDcd0PdJoc0-xRyMdM-lzSffsFPKMUGQGVMX_Z4nOCh00mP5FPNcAo8pMh5s793g8qUHgtsaLGLIQeHbYoSMx4u_WuKmZ3jcTQul4ZEb_dKqkJ1GsjdKff3-waALVGNXfEspWykW4ht6uiJpNpNE81mfy6VklpXYLJOiPDKvoxvo292IeUwCgT6EypuZLsWs0v02k_S2wbf-h8El3Nl3JKXwgbHrShxD45kWhBHo9zVvAGCN_CQBBIasWQZbahaayO7sPbiCPsLUaZiLoqzvJpBth8LVg0Suu_cZ1WVG5rpl0W4d0sZ9-QHl6OXCugjYLs4jkr0cJfBHX5Tp52XL9E8AcVqg579i-Rdk-efYGPJPryct-7FAhutw4TzP_vxWw4132L42kndzAjv10Y1ZiTu_yhZaWCsBX6pOArCfRXrOrCwvSFAgw1jmC88_akpLK6R5Qa03pBbduegNk0ewjiNrNKobVfTp8xPMvryo7hASzG_O6kcImPafrNQK0QIDTcdJOFzUlu6SoY35ix39RkYaGo4meZ2W5j3CAsK=w872-h654-no?authuser=0
    You can probably see it because you are are logged into your hosting and it redirects automatically for you.

Now the other post you made #3009 looks fine, because its a link to an actual image:

Code:
    https://i.ibb.co/GHRStbF/20200717-144407.jpg
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    FYI, for our gallery, the individual pictures limits are 4800x3250 pixels, and 1600000 KB's.
    yeah, thats what the settings say but I think we are hitting a limit elsewhere in the system. I don't think we can actually upload images that high res...

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info. I guess the one wasn't a jpeg or PNG Got it.

Thanks

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks
    A lot of the hosting sites have some sort of menu where you can find the direct link to the image. The image itself is (by definition) a graphic file, it's just the hosting obscures the link to the actual file itself.

Rule of thumb, no matter how long the url is that you post, if it doesn't end with an image file type, it's unlikely to work properly on the site.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Thanks
    A lot of the hosting sites have some sort of menu where you can find the direct link to the image. The image itself is (by definition) a graphic file, it's just the hosting obscures the link to the actual file itself.

Rule of thumb, no matter how long the url is that you post, if it doesn't end with an image file type, it's unlikely to work properly on the site.
    Facebook is notorious for this. You can't copy/paste anything from that site. They always completely obscure the URL.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the tip, Stroppy and the file size info, RF!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Simon, when are you going to remove the Block All Brian’s code from the website? I still can’t connect when I’m off WiFi.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It might be quicker just to change your name...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Bastard!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks

I'm an old man. I should have just stuck with BB code anyway. If I hadn't tried to use the uploader here at the site I would have seen the full code and noticed the ending was not right.
    You fancy,Schmancy young whipper snappers with your HTML codes...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I keep getting logged off from the site after a few minutes of being signed on. I can't figure it out.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I keep getting logged off from the site after a few minutes of being signed on. I can't figure it out.
    It's happened a few days in a row but of course, now that I've said something, it seems to have stopped for a while.....

Country
    Country Flag

It's happened a few days in a row but of course, now that I've said something, it seems to have stopped for a while.....
    It logs me off when I go to the slipcase thread. Only time it happens.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 129 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast