Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 129 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will get to the seconf level, and get a couple of pairs then it just goes off, drives me crazy, makes me want to

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry about that you guys. The arcade is a free modification and the games themselves are third party and totally unsupported.

My only real option is to get back out there and research a new one.

I will post the link to where you can download them from and I would love it if one of you wanted to sign up and find a better one that works correctly
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I have come to the point where I simnply play this game to see how fast I can clear round 1 - and I have never seen a glimpse of round 2 and have been wondering how in the hell the top scores are what they are!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Question: Is there a way for this to not be default set on "From The Last Week?" I always have to change it to "Beginning" because I like to view all the threads created in Mid-World, not just those that have recent posts. Just curious.

Yes! You can!
    You have to change it in your Options in your User CP. I'm pumped!

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

posting here cos having problems...my posts wont appear on screen
    testing 123

Country
    Country Flag

oh NOW you decide to work...

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmm...I haven't heard that one before. Seems okay now I hope?

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Hmmmm...I haven't heard that one before. Seems okay now I hope?
    No, its not. He's having major problems all over the board, including chat and his Message box's. I think his is trying to PM you now.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I got the PM and replied--but as I have said before if its only one person having the problem it usually means its a local thing.

I will check into it as much as I can but it sounds like it might be browser settings.

Unless the board is twonky for anyone else, its working fine for me.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I got the PM and replied--but as I have said before if its only one person having the problem it usually means its a local thing.

I will check into it as much as I can but it sounds like it might be browser settings.

Unless the board is twonky for anyone else, its working fine for me.
    CK said he had a little trouble replying, but it cleared up. Mines been fine all day. Thannks for looking into it though.

Country
    Country Flag

ok.here we go. i'm either going crazy or going crazy. testing 123 (again)

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

There it is!

Now, I must admit the site has been reacting a *little* slow today. Hostrocket may be scrubbing our server or something. But as far as I can tell, everything is working well.

Like me in my old age--a tiny bit slow somedays but getting the job done.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Leave it to Matt to make it sexual

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have been having similiar problems as posted above for weeks on the computers at my school. My posts do not show up immediately. I have to refresh once or more after posting to get them to show up. At first I thought this had something to do with it being on the school computer and they're firewall/protection software, but it just happened to me on my laptop, and I havent changed any of my settings at all. I posted, it didnt show up...I refreshed twice and still didnt show up. I found the thread through the forum subdivisions and stuff, finally found it and there was my post. Also on the school computers, any posts made in threads I've already viewed do not show up at first. I have to refresh to get them as well. I'll see one new post, click it and have it be exactly the same as how I left it the last time until I refresh. Again, I chalked this up to being on a shitty school computer but when I saw other poeple having similiar problems......probably not a coincidence.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm...not sure one other person constitutes something wrong with the site.

I would really like to be able to track this down for you Kevin but I am not sure how. If this was something happening on the site, it would be happening to everyone.

The posts not showing up is not something I have ever heard of except on a moderated board. The other problem may simply be settings in your user CP. I would comb through those and make sure they are set the way you want them to start.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I have been having similiar problems as posted above for weeks on the computers at my school. My posts do not show up immediately. I have to refresh once or more after posting to get them to show up. At first I thought this had something to do with it being on the school computer and they're firewall/protection software, but it just happened to me on my laptop, and I havent changed any of my settings at all. I posted, it didnt show up...I refreshed twice and still didnt show up. I found the thread through the forum subdivisions and stuff, finally found it and there was my post. Also on the school computers, any posts made in threads I've already viewed do not show up at first. I have to refresh to get them as well. I'll see one new post, click it and have it be exactly the same as how I left it the last time until I refresh. Again, I chalked this up to being on a shitty school computer but when I saw other poeple having similiar problems......probably not a coincidence.

This is exactly what i've had to do the past couple of days. I have to refresh to see new posts and stuff.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Check through your user CP gunslinger and make sure all the settings are to your liking. Some could be off in there.

For me, if I use the quick reply box, my posts show up as soon as I hit "post quick reply"

Are you using the quick reply or the new reply button?

Country
    Country Flag

i'm using quick reply. its just everytime i go into a new thread i have to refresh to see anything since the last time i logged out.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmm...that sounds like something about the way your browser is storing cookies. And I am lost as to how to set it, but maybe we can figure it out.

Are you using IE, Firefox...something else?

Country
    Country Flag

thats a good question...and i have no idea.
    i'll explore my computer...

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah...i've no idea what i'm doing. I think I broke something.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmm...that sounds like something about the way your browser is storing cookies. And I am lost as to how to set it, but maybe we can figure it out.

Are you using IE, Firefox...something else?
    I also think it is a cookie problem he has. Clear them and the temp internet files.

Country
    Country Flag

Problem solved. Thanks a million folks.
    One more question, whats the deal with the thingy under the usernames, for example mine says gunslinger apprentice.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That is your member title, its set automatically by post count. There are some funny ones in there.

You can use your beam bucks to have it changed to something you want. Or use them to buy a Gold membership then you can change it whenever you like through your UserCP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 129 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast