Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Masters' Originals - Collectible Book Art

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    Do you own original, official, or formal artwork from the Dark Tower or other books?

This for the originals, or quality prints, of the pictures that are printed in our books.

Post them here!

Original artwork....called Hot Chocolate. This painting is by Michael Whelan and appears in DT VII as a full page illustration in black and white near the end of the book.

Last edited by wizardsrainbow; 05-14-2007 at 02:36 AM. Reason: These deserve a new thread.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are absolutely beautiful. I feel like I could look at them all day
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Walk in.....sorry for the bad Hitchcock angle! This ink drawing was done by Michael Whelan and appears as an illustration on an early page in DT VII (I forget which page, but somewhere between 50 and 100).

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sign Post (Odds Lane and Tower Road). This is a painting that I just purchased from Michael Whelan, and like Hot Chocolate, it appears at the start of a chapter in DT VII.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Those are absolutely beautiful. I feel like I could look at them all day

The great thing is....I CAN

Thanks Matt. I LOVE my Whelan artwork and the fact that it is DT related is SO SWEEEEET

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Masters' Originals - Collectible Book Art

I've broken these out into a new thread for formal (official?) artwork from the Dark Tower and/or other books.

This for the originals, or quality prints, of the pictures that are printed in our books.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Perfect. This also clarifies the art thread in The Art Wall.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Jerome.

Wiz, can you go back and edit your posts to name the artist and the book in which each piece appears? For posterity sake. Thanks!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are amazing Wizard! I would probably kill someone for the Sign Post picture.

Here are my Whelan prints...Roland on the Beach and The Crimson King. I saved up for each of them and for my birthday last year, my mom had them matted and put in the beautiful wood frames. Both are signed by Whelan and numbered. The Roland on the Beach one is number 47/500 and the other is 24/500. I'm really proud of them and when I can save up enough money again, I'd love to have his other paintings to add to my wall. They hang proudly in my living room and everyone who comes over loves them, especially the Crimson King one. It always gives me an excuse to tell non-King fans all about the Dark Tower.

I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Those are amazing Wizard! I would probably kill someone for the Sign Post picture.

Here are my Whelan prints...Roland on the Beach and The Crimson King. I saved up for each of them and for my birthday last year, my mom had them matted and put in the beautiful wood frames. Both are signed by Whelan and numbered. The Roland on the Beach one is number 47/500 and the other is 24/500. I'm really proud of them and when I can save up enough money again, I'd love to have his other paintings to add to my wall. They hang proudly in my living room and everyone who comes over loves them, especially the Crimson King one. It always gives me an excuse to tell non-King fans all about the Dark Tower.

Erin-

Thanks. I love your matting and frames. Roland on the beach is one of my favorites!

Are those dolphin figurines I see in the bottom of your picture. I like dolphins!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post

*remembers to come back here and grab these for the page.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Those look great, Erin. I love the matching frames and same style of matting, but different color mattes.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Here's my original art work.

This comes from Palavercon...I know for a fact that both Rick Berry and Michael Whelan painted on it, but I don't remember if Phil Hale did.

I call him Wolfie

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I like to think of this as artwork...ha!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple of new art acquisitions by me, both come from Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla.

These are preliminary pencil drawings done by Bernie Wrightson before he painted the actual artwork that you see in the book.

This first one is Susannah throwing orizas:

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

This one is Jake and Oy visit the Dogan

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice everyone!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Here's my original art work.

This comes from Palavercon...I know for a fact that both Rick Berry and Michael Whelan painted on it, but I don't remember if Phil Hale did.

I call him Wolfie

Phil did paint on it. All 3 of the artists did.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Illustration I'd love to have the original artwork of is the Unfound picture of Roland with his hands over his eyes. I was fortunate enough to see it at Palavercon, and get good photos of it, which I'll probably frame the best one eventually, but I really wish I could afford the original if Whelan ever sells it, (if he hasn't already). That's my favorite piece of art from the series.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

This is some great stuff everyone

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    The Illustration I'd love to have the original artwork of is the Unfound picture of Roland with his hands over his eyes. I was fortunate enough to see it at Palavercon, and get good photos of it, which I'll probably frame the best one eventually, but I really wish I could afford the original if Whelan ever sells it, (if he hasn't already). That's my favorite piece of art from the series.
    You should post one (or more) of your photos of the original.

Gunslinger Apprentice Airtraffic is on a distinguished road Airtraffic's Avatar

Default hello all

well, I'm back in a new place. It's nice and here is Wiz's Darktower:
    Attached Images

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I get first dibs if you ever sell that.
    Just so I can hold Wiz hostage!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Airtraffic View Post
    well, I'm back in a new place. It's nice and here is Wiz's Darktower:

Sheesh! The guy is back, what maybe a few days, and already he is taunting me with his remarqued DT VII. Well, let me tell you Air, once I have them all but yours, the pressure will just be too immense for you to hold out any longer. < Resitance is futile >

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back, Air!! Great to hear from you again!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast