Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: How many times have you read the series?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Once.

12 19.05%
  • Twice.

10 15.87%
  • Three times.

10 15.87%
  • Four times.

3 4.76%
  • Five times.

0 0%
  • Between 6 and 10 times.

7 11.11%
  • More than 10 times...

7 11.11%
  • I haven't finished it yet.

8 12.70%
  • I haven't reread the whole series again but some books.

6 9.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Have many times have you read the series?

Traveler reptiler is on a distinguished road

I've read DT twice and now just started my third run through the desert...

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've only read it once. I finished my first read through in April after 2 months pretty much non-stop except to go to work. But I've really been thinking about picking it up again soon. My girlfriend (who is an avid reader and I am so far from that) keeps asking me, 'Well why don't you read something else? There are a lot of good books out there.' Which I know is true, but right now, I only want to read the Tower again. I miss Roland and the Ka-Tet.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Traveler weezy is on a distinguished road weezy's Avatar

Only ever read the series through once as all my copies are hard back which I imported from the US and I don't want to damage them, as I do like to carry a book in my bag with me when I'm out and about.

Was considering buying the series again in paperback but am not to sure if it's money wisely spent as I do already own them and my original copies cost me a fair amount of money although it was a few years back now.
    Save your tears for the day when our pain is far behind,
    On your feet, come with me,
    We are soldiers, stand or die.

Rise by Origa.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Only ever read the series through once as all my copies are hard back which I imported from the US and I don't want to damage them, as I do like to carry a book in my bag with me when I'm out and about.

Was considering buying the series again in paperback but am not to sure if it's money wisely spent as I do already own them and my original copies cost me a fair amount of money although it was a few years back now.
    They're worth. Believe me I am not a Bill Gates either but for my part I spend on DT books with pleasure whenever I can. If you don't want to re-read the series because of this reason you should get some new paperback books sooner or later.
    My two cents.

Roland would have understood.

Traveler weezy is on a distinguished road weezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post

They're worth. Believe me I am not a Bill Gates either but for my part I spend on DT books with pleasure whenever I can. If you don't want to re-read the series because of this reason you should get some new paperback books sooner or later.
    My two cents.
    Thanks for the advice, I will purchase a new set as soon as I can because being on this site is really making me want to reread the series and i know i'll want to read it almost non stop including when i'm at work.
    Save your tears for the day when our pain is far behind,
    On your feet, come with me,
    We are soldiers, stand or die.

Rise by Origa.

Traveler ToWeR JunkiE is on a distinguished road

I started this series when I was 11 yrs old and have read and re-read it at least a dozen times over the last 15 yrs or so!! When book V was FINALLY released I made myself re-read the first 4 again before I read it.
    Right now I just started Wizard and Glass for the umpteenth time and yes.. I get something new out of it everytime I read them. I think it's where I am in my life at the time I read, different things call out to me, or there is a small piece I had forgotten about. I don't think I will ever tire of these books.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post

My two cents.
    Thanks for the advice, I will purchase a new set as soon as I can because being on this site is really making me want to reread the series and i know i'll want to read it almost non stop including when i'm at work.
    I am happy to hear it.
    Believe me I am crazy about my DT books and I wish I could keep them behind glass all the time but I can't help.. I must put them into my handbag and re-read them.
    For example I could buy this DT7 awhile ago

it's my forever favourite edition and I had been dreaming of putting my hand on it for long when I saw it on the shelf in a bookstore. But it's the only paperback edition I have so... it travels with me wherever I go. Time and the journeys have left their marks in it already but still it's worth.
    I can get into Roland's world anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ToWeR JunkiE View Post
    I started this series when I was 11 yrs old and have read and re-read it at least a dozen times over the last 15 yrs or so!! When book V was FINALLY released I made myself re-read the first 4 again before I read it.
    Right now I just started Wizard and Glass for the umpteenth time and yes.. I get something new out of it everytime I read them. I think it's where I am in my life at the time I read, different things call out to me, or there is a small piece I had forgotten about. I don't think I will ever tire of these books.

Welcome! Your words are like rain to my thirsty heart. You are speaking from my soul.

Roland would have understood.

John F. Kennedy Hammer is on a distinguished road Hammer's Avatar

Default HOW MANY TIMES

Have you read the DT series for me i have never read any book more than once , but i started reading the series again once i downloaded it to my android phone and i must say i am enjoying it all over again it seems new even tho i know whats coming up

weird huh?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it's not weird, it's wonderful

even though this thread will soon be merged with that one

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello, Just rediscovered this thread again thanks to Jean and Hammer

I have read the series around 7 times, and it never gets old. I am looking to start again - poss next year as I have a fair old reading list this year

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished my third time through, almost a year after my second re-read. This might become a yearly thing...who knows.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

7 Times!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really not sure how many time's I've reread it. Thinking about it, not as much as it seems, maybe, as the story is often on my mind when I'm not reading it.

I think I've only read the last three books twice, but it could be three times. The other books more (perhaps four or five?) as we were waiting a while for the last three books to come out. (I was fortunate in starting the series after Wizard and Glass came out so didn't have the wait after The Waste Lands).

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Full read throughs, twice. I've read the first 4 books three times I think, and Wizard and Glass, maybe 5 times (it's the best one). LSOE, twice.

Along the Path of the Beam Cixelsyd is on a distinguished road

Read the whole series three times so far. currently on my fourth time via audiobook on my iphone. Decided to go audio this time after picking up the concordance and reading King's introduction in which he says he used the audiobooks to refresh his memory before completing the series. HE states that listening to them, and being forced ot slow down and absorb every word really changed the experience for him. You know what? He's right. I highly recommend listening to the series at least once. I'm just past Eddie defeating Blaine in Wizard and Glass and waiting and letting the suspense build through the mono ride without being able to speed through to get to the end like I usually do was pretty awesome.

Traveler getabettereraser is on a distinguished road

I got tired of reading when i realized King was squinting his eyes in disapproval on the paperback covers. So i threw them all away.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

merged, as promised

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

I have read the series twice. I am planning a re-read but I am totally inexplicably obsessed with the audiobooks. I have been listening to them for 18 months, I am into the seventh book on my third go round now. I thought I would get tired of it but not so much. I am already getting antsy about the end so I can start over. Is that too weird or what?

I should explain that I travel a lot for work by car. I am in my car anywhere from three to six hours five days a week on average. I only listen in the car so it takes me about six months to complete the series that way. I started because I was tired of music radio (too much repeating) and talk radio, again too much repeating so here I am planning my fourth time with TDT go figure! I just thought I might want a new story but not yet........

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've never finished it. I got through Wizard and Glass and got bored with it. I'm know I'm in the minority here, but the story just wasn't doing anything for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5