Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Your 50 Favorite Video Games!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Currently obsessed with Call of Duty 4 ( on PS3 ). I'm on my thrid or forth time through Prestige.

All of the Tomb Raider titles, and looking forward to the new one in November.

The entire SSX series ( love SSX and can't believe they haven't released a PS3 version ).

Older Game Favorites :
    Tetris.
    Defender.
    Pong ( remember Pong!!! ).
    Wolfenstein.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice gromit is on a distinguished road gromit's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (saving up for a genuine arcade machine)
    2. Half-Life
    3. Super Mario Bros
    4. 1942
    5. Half-Life 2
    6. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    7. Street Fighter 4
    8. Halo
    9. Tony Hawk's 3
    10. Knights of the Old Republic
    11. Tetris
    12. 007 Goldeneye N64
    13. Perfect Dark N64
    14. Mario Kart (SNES)
    15. Kung-Fu Master (Atari 2600)

you said fifteen right?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    2. Half-Life
    3. Super Mario Bros
    4. 1942
    5. Half-Life 2
    7. Street Fighter 4
    8. Halo
    9. Tony Hawk's 3
    11. Tetris
    12. 007 Goldeneye N64
    13. Perfect Dark N64
    14. Mario Kart (SNES)

you said fifteen right?

Nope, fifty.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, out with the rest of them!!

Inquiring mongooses' want to know!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! I'm loving the format you used

Gunslinger Apprentice gromit is on a distinguished road gromit's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ok , continued. the ones in italics have already been mentioned.

2. Half-Life
    3. Super Mario Bros
    4. 1942
    5. Half-Life 2
    7. Street Fighter 4
    8. Halo
    9. Tony Hawk's 3
    11. Tetris
    12. 007 Goldeneye N64
    13. Perfect Dark N64
    14. Mario Kart (SNES)

16. Dead Rising (XB360)
    17. The Curse of Monkey Island (PC)
    18. Super Star Wars (SNES)
    19. Phantom 2040 (SNES)
    20. The Amazing Spider-Man (Game Boy)
    21. DOOM (PC)
    22. Quake 3 (PC)
    23. Soldier of Fortune 2 (PC)
    24. NHL09
    25. Brian Lara/Shane Warne Cricket 2005 (PS2)
    26. Evil Dead: Regeneration (PC)
    27. Jordan vs Bird (Game Boy)
    28. NBA Jam (ARC)
    29. Metal Slug (ARC)
    30. Mortal Kombat (ARC)
    31. Counter-Strike (PC)
    32. MDK (PC)
    33. Psychonauts (XB)
    34. Audiosurf (PC)
    35. F.E.A.R. (PC)
    36. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)
    37. Saints Row (360)
    38. Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (ARC)
    39. Oblivion (360)
    40. House of the Dead series (ARC)
    41. Time Crisis series (ARC)
    42. Halo 3 (360)
    43. C&C Red Alert (PC)
    44. Warcraft 3 (PC)
    45. Dig Dug (NES)
    46. Gears of War (360)
    47. Call of Duty 4 (PS3)
    48. Soul Calibur Series
    49. TIE fighter (PC)
    50. Super International Cricket (SNES)

phew!

Jareth's Goblin Queen soylentjillian is on a distinguished road soylentjillian's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Halo 3 (and the other Halos)
    Final Fantasy X
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    Pokemon Yellow (don't hate)

ALSO:
    GUITAR HERO METALLICA COMES OUT IN A MATTER OF DAYS

Along the Path of the Beam Slash281 is on a distinguished road Slash281's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Organization would be the hard part for me, I couldn't put my 50 favorite games ever in order. But I'll try to do a top 15, and then the 35 that would come after.

1. Metal Gear Sold
    2. God of War 2
    3. Knights of the Old Republic
    4. God of War
    5. Age of Empires 2
    6. Mega Man 2
    7. Super Metroid
    8. Street Fighter 2
    9. Super Mario Galaxy
    10. Super Mario Bros. 3
    11. Castlevania: Symphony of The Night
    12. Mega Man 3
    13. Metal Gear Solid 4
    14. Half-Life
    15. Ocarina of Time

And the rest.......

A Link to the Past
    Mega Man 4
    Metal Gear Solid 2
    MGS 3
    Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal
    R&C: Going Commando
    Grand Theft Auto 4
    Grand Theft Auto 3
    Final Fantasy 6
    FF5
    FF7
    FF1
    FF4
    Guitar Hero 2
    Call of Duty
    COD 2
    COD 4
    Oblivion
    Fallout
    Fallout 3
    Dead Space
    RE4
    Jedi Outcast
    Jedi Academy
    Super Star Wars
    Super Empire Strikes Back
    Super Return of the Jedi
    Donkey Kong Country
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    Phantasy Star 4
    Super Mario 64
    Metroid Prime
    Metroid Prime 2
    Resistance 2

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*BUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPP

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't believe you ever came back with your list after I posted mine a while back, feevy!

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...=1#post1177919

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh nice! I completely forgot about that. I'll merge this thread and post on there.

My list is going to list drastically different this time. So many medium defining games have come out since 08'.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Sorry, I may have went a little overboard here. If I had some sort of blog or something I would put this up there but I don’t so I guess this will do. Not sure if it's 50 games or not but these are the ones I remember playing the most over the years. I've never had a Sega, Xbox or any sort of handheld system and went straight from SNES to the PS1 as well. So there are probably a ton of AAA games that aren’t on my list simply because I’ve never played them.

No particular order except that I sorted them by system.

NES
    Baseball Simulator 1.000
    There were other "normal" baseball games out for the NES at the time but this one was fun because each player had a specific special power. Like one guy could bunt the ball and literally run all the way to second base before anyone picked up the ball. Another guy would hit a home run 100% of the time. The catch was that each team only had a certain number of points and each time you used a power it would use up your points.

Dusty Diamonds All-Star Softball
    I loved this game because you could create a different team every time you played. There was a cast of about 100 characters and you selected your favorite 9 or 10 to play for you each game. Also the fact that slow-pitch softball was a mode. That meant 4 outfielders, no stealing and the ball was pitched in a slow arc.

Contra
    Played and beat this game probably 100 times. Everyone still has the Contra code memorized right?

Super Contra
    Same as Contra. I think the code only gave you 10 extra lives in this game though.

Super Mario 2
    I actually liked this game better than the original. It was great being able to pick a different character for each level as it certainly made a difference in getting through some of those levels.

Super Mario 3
    Another game I played and beat 100 times. I remember the hype was huge for this game when the movie The Wizard came out. Raccoon Mario, Frog Mario, Hammer Brother Mario!

Maniac Mansion
    If I were to put these games in order of how well I like them, this one would probably rank towards the top. A puzzle-like game before the invention of the internet. Multiple ways to end the game. Multiple ways to lose as well. I’m pretty sure I tried them all.

Wizards and Warriors
    This game was a struggle to get through. I beat it a couple of times but it didn’t have any save points.

Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest
    Never played the first one and never really got into the franchise after the 3rd one but I liked this game. I eventually got a save code that put you right at the end of the game but it took me and my friend about a week to get to that point.

Mike Tyson's Punch Out
    To this day I still have the code to go directly to the Tyson fight memorized. I think I managed to actually beat him one time.

Dr. Mario
    Didn’t like Tetris much. But I would play this game for hours.

Double Dragon 2
    Another game where I liked the sequel better than the original.

Double Dragon 3
    Same as DD3. It took me forever to get past the final boss.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
    This was basically the arcade game on NES.

SNES
    Super Mario World
    My friend and I rented an SNES from Blockbuster so we could play this game. We beat it over a weekend.

PS1
    Sub-Zero Mythologies
    I played a few of the Mortal Kombat games but never really got into them. This game was fun though. It’s worth money now because it’s actually difficult to find. I’m pretty sure my friend stole my copy.

NFL Blitz 2000
    The only football game in my list. It’s basically NBA Jam but for football. Get 3 friends together and we’d play for hours.

Medal of Honor franchise
    I was introduced to this franchise when I bought a PS1 controller on Ebay and the guy threw this game in for free. One of the few FPS games I enjoyed and I’ve played almost all the sequels.

Twisted Metal (mutliple titles)
    Played the second one first. Loved it. Played all the sequels.

PS2
    Kingdom Hearts Franchise
    My kids actually introduced me to this franchise. I played through the first game 2 or 3 times, then replayed it again when they re-released it on the PS3. Still have yet to get to KH3 though…

Bully
    This was basically GTA set in high school. Still waiting for a sequel.

Burnout Franchise
    A racing game that rewards you for crashing into your opponents? Yes please!

NBA Street
    Made a created player in this game and leveled him up to the max. He was basically unstoppable.

NBA Street 2
    IIRC, this game had 2 or 3 different versions of Jordan in it. It was fun playing as an all Jordan team.

PS3
    Read Dead Redemption
    Rockstar is amazing at making open world games. One of the few games where the ending made me shed a tear.

WatchDogs
    I don’t get into online play very often but “hacking” into another players game was quite fun.

GTA - Vice City
    This was my first GTA game. I’ve played and gotten 100% completion on this one and every sequel since.

GTA - San Andreas
    See above.

GTA IV
    See above.

Batman Arkham series
    I was never into comic books so what little I knew about Batman was from the movies. I really enjoyed all these games though. I put them in the PS3 section but I think the last one with the batmobile was PS4.

PS4
    MLB the Show (various years)
    Can you tell I’m a baseball fan?

Red Dead Redemption 2
    Amazing sequel (well, technically a prequel) to an amazing first game. Loved the ending and how nicely it dovetailed into the first game.

WatchDogs 2
    Basically same thoughts as the first game. Single-player campaign was a little short.

GTA V
    Probably my favorite GTA game thus far.

Spider-Man
    I think this was the first game I got Platinum on. Like the Batman games, I had little knowledge of the world/characters but enjoyed it all the same.

South Park Fractured But Whole
    This was pretty much like playing an episode of South Park. I keep hoping they’ll make a 3rd one.
    South Park The Stick of Truth
    Played this one after playing the sequel. Still fun.

The Last of Us
    I enjoyed this game but don’t remember a lot of it. Might have to replay it again before I play the new one that just came out.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Sid Meyer's Civilization series. I like IV the best.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh shit, looking at my list I totally forgot Urban Chaos was a thingy. The sequel was so much fucking fun.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Along the Path of the Beam ChronoSorcerer will become famous soon enough ChronoSorcerer will become famous soon enough ChronoSorcerer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

50 is too much! I definitely played hundreds of arcade games. Perhaps more than a thousand.

In PC: Baldur's Gate II, Diablo II, Zelenhgorm, The Meaning of Life, Battle Mages: Sign of Darkness, Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights

Arcade: Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara, Blue's Journey (Raguy), Super Sidekicks 2, Captain Commando, Street Fighter II', Mortal Kombat, Midnight Wanderers, River Raid, King of Fighters series (Did I say "King"?), Samurai Shodown series, and so on and so forth...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2