+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread: eBay & Paypal - Policies and Practices

Can Toi The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn’t worry, Jeremy. Some folks on ebay are just like that. You have all the relevant tracking/delivery info saved so all should be cool I would think.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't fret at all. It sounds like you did everything properly.
    Worry about Brexit, and the dissolution of the European union.

Demon of the Prim kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Thanks. I opened a return request on ebay
    Never ever pay for return shipping on a bad description. You did the best thing just filing a return.

looking for: NOS4A2 (sub press)
    Dead Zone 1st/1st, Boy's Life S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I wouldn't fret at all. It sounds like you did everything properly.
    Worry about Brexit, and the dissolution of the European union.
    Thanks all for the replies.
    And @Jerome : I couldnt really care about Brexit. The only thing is that my wife is scottish. But she lived here for 10+ years. Have a work. And we did a civial partnership about 5 years ago.
    Which means that technically she can apply to french citizenship.
    Besides that... they have decided to leave europe. Cant do much about it. I guess that mostly, whenever the brexit will take place, they'll have to deal with the consequences
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

How did politics creep into the ebay thread?

I love ebay since they started £1 max selling fees. I have saved a large amount in fees over the last few months.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny007 is a splendid one to behold Johnny007 is a splendid one to behold Johnny007 is a splendid one to behold Johnny007 is a splendid one to behold Johnny007 is a splendid one to behold Johnny007 is a splendid one to behold Johnny007 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know much about ebay selling practices so I ask the question how do they make money on a transaction? Do they still get a percentage of the sale? Thanks.

John

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an's Avatar

Sub-letting space in Bill's head to refugees.
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    I don't know much about ebay selling practices so I ask the question how do they make money on a transaction? Do they still get a percentage of the sale? Thanks.

John
    It depends on what you are selling. There are various listing charges. There are also Final Value fees.

For books the seller can list up to 50 items for free. That is without any bells or whistles. If a seller has a store, then the limits are higher.

The Final Value fee for books is 12% of the total sale including shipping. There is also a $.30 plus 2.9% PayPal fee. So the seller gets ~85% of the total sale price.
    "A Mask Is Not A Political Statement. It's An IQ Test."

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    The Final Value fee for books is 12% of the total sale including shipping. There is also a $.30 plus 2.9% PayPal fee. So the seller gets ~85% of the total sale price.
    In the UK the Final Value Fee I have been paying is £1.00 whatever the sale price. If the sale price was £5000 I pay £1.00

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    In the UK the Final Value Fee I have been paying is £1.00 whatever the sale price. If the sale price was £5000 I pay £1.00
    That is a sweet promotion.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Question for ebay veterans out there. I recently sold an item (medical supply). The buyer paid promptly and I promptly sent the item to the address the buyer provided on Paypal.
    The auction was a BIN, with free shipping. The cost to ship was $9.54.
    The item was returned to me and the tracking said : Moved, Left no Address".

I sent the buyer a message through ebay, and have yet to hear back from them.

Besides waiting for a response, what if anything should I do, and what are my obligations if she provides a new address? I certainly don't want to eat another $10 in shipping.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Besides waiting for a response....there is nothing you can/should do.

I have no doubt that the person will contact you with a new address....at which point you will ask them for another $10 for shipping.

Not your fault they moved.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE
    Wizard & Glass Grant 1st Edition $100
    Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition $70
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $150
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $250
    Lisey's Story ARC $25
    Sleeping Beauties CD Gift Edition in Shrinkwrap $100
    BLANK

WANTED
    The Plant Part 1 Signed Limited Edition
    Signed 1st Edition of The Bachman Books (1985 Omnibus Hardback)

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Question for ebay veterans out there. I recently sold an item (medical supply). The buyer paid promptly and I promptly sent the item to the address the buyer provided on Paypal.
    The auction was a BIN, with free shipping. The cost to ship was $9.54.
    The item was returned to me and the tracking said : Moved, Left no Address".

I sent the buyer a message through ebay, and have yet to hear back from them.

Besides waiting for a response, what if anything should I do, and what are my obligations if she provides a new address? I certainly don't want to eat another $10 in shipping.
    You could refund the payment less the shipping or hold onto the items and wait for them to contact you. You fulfilled your original obligation.

Number42 Dolan is a jewel in the rough Dolan is a jewel in the rough Dolan is a jewel in the rough Dolan's Avatar

Guys -
    Anyone ever have a Paypal issue where - when you try to send $ to someone (F&F) - and enter the total, the payment options disappear and says link card? It's asking me to enter cards and accounts that are already linked.

The amount is under $3k. And i've never had an issue before. Thoughts?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Guys -
    Anyone ever have a Paypal issue where - when you try to send $ to someone (F&F) - and enter the total, the payment options disappear and says link card? It's asking me to enter cards and accounts that are already linked.

Is your card expired? That's all I've got.

Number42 Dolan is a jewel in the rough Dolan is a jewel in the rough Dolan is a jewel in the rough Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Guys -

Is your card expired? That's all I've got.
    So I broke the payments up and it went through. So bizarre.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28