Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: eBay & Paypal - Policies and Practices

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn’t worry, Jeremy. Some folks on ebay are just like that. You have all the relevant tracking/delivery info saved so all should be cool I would think.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't fret at all. It sounds like you did everything properly.
    Worry about Brexit, and the dissolution of the European union.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Thanks. I opened a return request on ebay
    Never ever pay for return shipping on a bad description. You did the best thing just filing a return.

looking for: NOS4A2 (sub press)
    Dead Zone 1st/1st, Boy's Life S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I wouldn't fret at all. It sounds like you did everything properly.
    Worry about Brexit, and the dissolution of the European union.
    Thanks all for the replies.
    And @Jerome : I couldnt really care about Brexit. The only thing is that my wife is scottish. But she lived here for 10+ years. Have a work. And we did a civial partnership about 5 years ago.
    Which means that technically she can apply to french citizenship.
    Besides that... they have decided to leave europe. Cant do much about it. I guess that mostly, whenever the brexit will take place, they'll have to deal with the consequences
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

How did politics creep into the ebay thread?

I love ebay since they started £1 max selling fees. I have saved a large amount in fees over the last few months.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know much about ebay selling practices so I ask the question how do they make money on a transaction? Do they still get a percentage of the sale? Thanks.

John

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    I don't know much about ebay selling practices so I ask the question how do they make money on a transaction? Do they still get a percentage of the sale? Thanks.

John
    It depends on what you are selling. There are various listing charges. There are also Final Value fees.

For books the seller can list up to 50 items for free. That is without any bells or whistles. If a seller has a store, then the limits are higher.

The Final Value fee for books is 12% of the total sale including shipping. There is also a $.30 plus 2.9% PayPal fee. So the seller gets ~85% of the total sale price.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    The Final Value fee for books is 12% of the total sale including shipping. There is also a $.30 plus 2.9% PayPal fee. So the seller gets ~85% of the total sale price.
    In the UK the Final Value Fee I have been paying is £1.00 whatever the sale price. If the sale price was £5000 I pay £1.00

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    In the UK the Final Value Fee I have been paying is £1.00 whatever the sale price. If the sale price was £5000 I pay £1.00
    That is a sweet promotion.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Question for ebay veterans out there. I recently sold an item (medical supply). The buyer paid promptly and I promptly sent the item to the address the buyer provided on Paypal.
    The auction was a BIN, with free shipping. The cost to ship was $9.54.
    The item was returned to me and the tracking said : Moved, Left no Address".

I sent the buyer a message through ebay, and have yet to hear back from them.

Besides waiting for a response, what if anything should I do, and what are my obligations if she provides a new address? I certainly don't want to eat another $10 in shipping.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Besides waiting for a response....there is nothing you can/should do.

I have no doubt that the person will contact you with a new address....at which point you will ask them for another $10 for shipping.

Not your fault they moved.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Question for ebay veterans out there. I recently sold an item (medical supply). The buyer paid promptly and I promptly sent the item to the address the buyer provided on Paypal.
    The auction was a BIN, with free shipping. The cost to ship was $9.54.
    The item was returned to me and the tracking said : Moved, Left no Address".

I sent the buyer a message through ebay, and have yet to hear back from them.

Besides waiting for a response, what if anything should I do, and what are my obligations if she provides a new address? I certainly don't want to eat another $10 in shipping.
    You could refund the payment less the shipping or hold onto the items and wait for them to contact you. You fulfilled your original obligation.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Guys -
    Anyone ever have a Paypal issue where - when you try to send $ to someone (F&F) - and enter the total, the payment options disappear and says link card? It's asking me to enter cards and accounts that are already linked.

The amount is under $3k. And i've never had an issue before. Thoughts?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Guys -
    Anyone ever have a Paypal issue where - when you try to send $ to someone (F&F) - and enter the total, the payment options disappear and says link card? It's asking me to enter cards and accounts that are already linked.

Is your card expired? That's all I've got.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Guys -

Is your card expired? That's all I've got.
    So I broke the payments up and it went through. So bizarre.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone had this happen before?
    Sent a package through eBay last month and was just charged via PayPal for additional shipping. This was the explanation
    Reason: Service printed on label didn't match service used
    Shipping service on label: USPS - USPS Media Mail Package
    Actual shipping service: USPS - USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope

I shipped the book in a plain brown box ...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's odd. Of course try to dispute it.

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    Sent a package through eBay last month and was just charged via PayPal for additional shipping. This was the explanation

I have seen the USPS do that when shipped as Media Mail but determined upon inspection not to qualify for media mail. They then update to the next level of service which would be 1st class or priority.

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

When I do have to take a box to the post office, for a private sale, the teller always says it runs the possibility of being inspected to verify it qualifies for media mail. Did you ship something along with books, that didn't qualify as media mail?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by playdohman View Post

I have seen the USPS do that when shipped as Media Mail but determined upon inspection not to qualify for media mail. They then update to the next level of service which would be 1st class or priority.
    That would be my guess too. Was it a book? Magazines and slipcases don't qualify for MM.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

It was a stack of my kid's Level 2 reader books. I wonder if someone glanced at it and thought they were magazines?

Country
    Country Flag

It was a stack of my kid's Level 2 reader books. I wonder if someone glanced at it and thought they were magazines?
    Probably so.

Another reason they bump you up to Priority Mail is if you use any Priority Mail shipping products. A piece of cardboard, tape or shipping label that says Priority Mail is enough for them to charge you for it.

Country
    Country Flag

Probably so.

Another reason they bump you up to Priority Mail is if you use any Priority Mail shipping products. A piece of cardboard, tape or shipping label that says Priority Mail is enough for them to charge you for it.
    New box, plain tape, books in bubble wrap and packing peanuts, that's it. Same way I send everything. Have sent hundreds of packages and never had this happen before. Just an overzealous employee would be my guess

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Anyone get emails from ebay about their new payment policies? Why do you need to add your social security number for this? Doesn't this seem a tad excessive to giving out information just to sell something?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If true, it's just one more way for the IRS to track "income".

BTW, I'd be very slow to provide my SSN to someone claiming to be from ebay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast