* End of the series SPOILERS can be found in the text. *

* Stop now if you haven't finished it yet. *

Okay, first of all it's just a litte game. I know some of my points will be very weak I know it myself.
But I was wondering about it I loved playing with the idea and with some help I could put the two tales next to each other. They are way too different to be able to make a perfect match but still I had fun with them.

Don't be too strict, my friends. You should try to play with the idea, too and I am sure it will give you some nice moments.
If after reading it you would like to add some more similarities let me know and I will be happy.
If you can't do more but laugh... I don't mind that either.

Maybe it wasn't just a coincidence that King put this tale into the story...

So.
The title of my "essay" is:

The Similarities
between
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and the Dark Tower

Roland = Dorothy
They both are lost in a world that's alien and familiar at the same time. (Yeah, maybe Dorothy is far away from Kasas but she meets a child-world that could be much more her home than her real one, - Roland's world has moved on and altough he can handle it still he is just a lonely pilgrim in it without his ka-tet.)
They both are looking for something big, oh so unreachable and legendary that can solve their problems, can give answers to their questions, can show them the way to home.
They both build a ka-tet around themselves and give them the same goal = to find the big big thing that can solve their problems, make their dreams or wishes become true.

Cowardly Lion = Jake
They both seem to be innocent and fragile but they both are true in their hearts and can stand anytime.

Scarecrow = Eddie
Neither of them believes that they are intelligent (next to Henry Eddie was just the little stupid bro) however during the stories we must see and they must realise that they both are very clever and smart.

Tin Woodman = Susannah
They both are afraid to love (Tin Woodman thinks he can't love at all and Susannah builds many personalities to be able to handle her fears of confidence and love) but it turns out they both are hungry for love and they are incredibly capable of it.

Toto = Oy
/no explanation/

Oz = the Dark Tower
If we look at them ss gouls they are very similar. Both of them are hard to reach, both of them are wanted and chased with huge desires and dream but neither of them can give solutions.
Both of them are bumhugs or more exactly they are absolutely different from the pictures Dorothy and Roland have in their mind.

Okay, now you can throw the stones. I am ready.