Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 71 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1756

Thread: Remarkable Remarques! Sketches and Doodles too.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, congratulations!

Now...it's clear that Mark is a talented artist, but I also remember that when the book was announced, the quality of the sample artwork presented by Subterranean Press wasn't impressive at all (and if I'm not wrong, it caused some cancellations prior the book's publication). So what happened? Who's fault was?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

King just sketchy-doodled an addition to Dameron's Jake/Oy remarque in my copy of Wastelands! Pics forthcoming.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bast_imret View Post
    King just sketchy-doodled an addition to Dameron's Jake/Oy remarque in my copy of Wastelands! Pics forthcoming.
    Freaking awesome! Big, HUGE, congrats.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait to see it. Congratulations (and good choice)!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob goes apoplectic and tries to prevent "sketchy-doodled" (along with "remarque") from entering the collecting lexicon.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Bob goes apoplectic and tries to prevent "sketchy-doodled" (along with "remarque") from entering the collecting lexicon.
    LOL! I just sent Alex Mcvey an email asking for a sketchy doodled in my copy of BB

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I actually like and approve of the term "sketchy-doodle." It is "remarque" that is consistently misused.

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

I use "sketchy-doodle" to indicate a drawing that's just a little doodle (Whelan KA) versus a whole drawing or sketch.

Anyway, here's the doodle that king added to Dameron's sketch:

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the Green Mile remarques. I remember when they were offered, I was under the impression that he would be doing small remarques. I even thought he would be reusing the same images. The Mouse, The Chair, etc. Oh well.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I love the Green Mile remarques. I remember when they were offered, I was under the impression that he would be doing small remarques. I even thought he would be reusing the same images. The Mouse, The Chair, etc. Oh well.
    Sadly that's what I was thinking as well, as Mark really did some impressive remarques. Looks like I missed out on a very good deal. Bummer!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like a "Remar-ka-doodle" to me!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I use "sketchy-doodle" to indicate a drawing that's just a little doodle (Whelan KA) versus a whole drawing or sketch.

Anyway, here's the doodle that king added to Dameron's sketch:

WOW! That is brilliant. Congratulations.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol @ "Remar-ka-doodle"

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon-

For mine...I paid him "well above" the advertised rate of $125....try 4x that amount.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Shannon-

For mine...I paid him "well above" the advertised rate of $125....try 4x that amount.
    Oh, I can imagine. He's a very, very nice guy, but also a "task master" when it comes to his work. Deservedly so IMHO!!!! You are "Da Man", David!!!! I tried to "work" him and to no avail!!! He's a tough negotiator, but a very good person as well!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

My new Erin Wells remarque with a little color added.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are great!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the IT remarque, he seems so happy jugglin' those bones! lol

Merl, I'm happy you have a Jill Bauman remarque. I personally dislike the fact that she uses and reuses the same three images over and over and over and over again. But that's just me.

ESW, I see you snooping around in here, lol, may I ask how you come up with images to remarque? Do you just sit and think and go, "I wanna try THIS idea!"?

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG they are sooooo cool!!!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the IT remarque!! Since Erin's been doing mostly black and white sketches, did you ask her for a little color, or was she just in the mood to spice it up a bit?

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

I love this. Erin has a very sensitive touch that shows in her graphite work. See how she works slowly and deliberately, accumulating marks in a way that leads to a hazy effect? I consider this a very painterly approach to drawing, and I dig it.

Gunslinger Apprentice ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the IT remarque, he seems so happy jugglin' those bones! lol

Merl, I'm happy you have a Jill Bauman remarque. I personally dislike the fact that she uses and reuses the same three images over and over and over and over again. But that's just me.

ESW, I see you snooping around in here, lol, may I ask how you come up with images to remarque? Do you just sit and think and go, "I wanna try THIS idea!"?
    "Snooping?" Nope--I enjoy reading these exchanges, I learn quite a bit about books and collecting, and I like to know what collectors and other artists are thinking about these things. To answer your question, Shannon, I try to do a unique remarque in each book. Not only would it get quite dreary drawing the same thing over and over and over again--where's the fun in that?--collectors trust that I will do a decent drawing in their book, and they spend hard-earned (I assume) funds to have an unusual, carefully-done work. I like combining a bit of humor with horror--are any of you also fascinated with that combination?--so the creepy, gore- and muck-spattered clown, grinning happily and juggling small skulls, drawn in a soft almost dreamy style struck me as a good mix. I know it's not a scene from the book, but it seems like when ol' P'wise is on his own time, just kickin' it at home down in the Barrens, he might enjoy singing a tune and juggling some Georgie-bones.

Artwork by Erin S. Wells -- https://erinwellsart.wordpress.com

Gunslinger Apprentice ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

I love this. Erin has a very sensitive touch that shows in her graphite work. See how she works slowly and deliberately, accumulating marks in a way that leads to a hazy effect? I consider this a very painterly approach to drawing, and I dig it.
    Thank you! :-)

Artwork by Erin S. Wells -- https://erinwellsart.wordpress.com

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Love the IT remarque!! Since Erin's been doing mostly black and white sketches, did you ask her for a little color, or was she just in the mood to spice it up a bit?
    Yes, I requested a little color added.

It's quite cool, isn't it?.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 71 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast