Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Remarkable Remarques! Sketches and Doodles too.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Remarkable Remarques! Sketches and Doodles too.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    Thread Intro: Does your book have original artist or author art? Post it here.
    This is my pride and joy Whelan remarque. It was done in #1333 of the S/L of DT VII, whereas nearly all the others were done in the AE edition. Of all the sketches Whelan did, he put the most detail into this one.
    Last edited by Patrick; 05-11-2007 at 09:13 AM. Reason: These are going to need their own thread.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'm going to try this. Here's my copy of a Dark Tower VI Song of Susannah remarque.

John
    Attached Images

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Remarkable Remarques! And doodles too.

I've moved the posts above, they are now the genesis of this new thread.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Here is my second favorite Roland sketch I got from a former Supercollector.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Another version of Roland.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Low Man

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rooks and Watch

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Roland and Oy

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

These are beautiful, David. What a collection!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've broken out the original paintings into their own thread to distinguish them from one-off remarques, sketches and doodles.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

David, remarque hog!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

David, I really have no idea what is considered reasonable to you for one of those Whelan remarques but I found this this morning:

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Dark-Tower-V...QQcmdZViewItem
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Roland and Oy

I love that a lot. More than I can say really.

Like it..."after"...you know?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    David, I really have no idea what is considered reasonable to you for one of those Whelan remarques but I found this this morning:

Thanks Brice-

I saw that, placed an offer which was too low. But a friend of mine did get it, so I am very happy for him as he REALLY wanted to own one of these.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Thanks Brice-

I saw that, placed an offer which was too low. But a friend of mine did get it, so I am very happy for him as he REALLY wanted to own one of these.

You're welcome! That's good that your friend got it. I was just glad you saw it in time to try.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I also have 3 Michael Whelan sketches, all Dark Tower related, done in Michael's S/L "The Art of Michael Whelan."

Here is the first one and my favorite of the bunch...

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

This was the first one Michael did for me...Jake and Oy

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought this one from another collector and is more reflective of the new art he has done for the upcoming Gunslinger/Little Sisters book.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful stuff, David.

So you have three S/L copies of THE ART OF MICHAEL WHELAN, each with a remarque? Nice!

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is my remarque. One of the Whelan remarques was my "Holy Grail" I never really thought I would get a shot at one.
    Attached Images

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Oy!

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, Dave!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Dave. That's a sweet one!

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Default Wizard: Stealth Thief

Well, Wizard stole my Whelan remarque, but he did drop a stack of hundred dollar bills in it's place on the way out, so I guess I can't complain. You're one crafty catburglar there Wizard; stealth, like ninja mongoose

But here's my Darrel Anderson sketch, which Wizard left untouched:

Last edited by Randall Flagg; 03-18-2011 at 03:22 PM.
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigCoffinHunter View Post
    Well, Wizard stole my Whelan remarque...

But here's my Darrel Anderson sketch, which Wizard left untouched:

BigCoffinHunter....I'd go check again if I were you
    Last edited by Randall Flagg; 03-18-2011 at 03:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast