Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 2019 Collecting Goals

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

2019 is about to end and I don't expect to receive anything else this year. It's a good moment to check statuses:

* The Plant #3 unsigned
    * The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Proof with Letter by King.
    * The Gunslinger 1st Grant
    * SK New Book US Proof
    * SK New Book UK Proof
    * At least one of the S/L I'm missing from Robert McCammon (Baal Deluxe, Swan Song Dark Harvest, Speaks The Nightbird)

* At least 1 of the 21 1st fiction appearances' magazines/newspapers I'm missing I got two
    * At least 2 of the 18 1st fiction appearances' books I'm missing. - I got 1
    * At least 2 of the 24 promo items I'm after. I got 5
    * At least 2 more 1st edition books signed by King of the 50 I'm missing. I got 6
    * At least 2 S/L KING books of the 13 I'm missing. I got one.
    * At least 1 S/L non-King book that has his signature out of the 31 I'm missing. I got one
    * At least 1 of the three annuary books I'm missing. I got two...and I could have gotten all but made a silly mistake.
    * At least 1 of the two Kingdom Hospital Scripts written by King I'm missing.
    * At least 15 of the 124 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. I got 22.
    * At least 5 of the 31 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. - I got one.
    * At least 2 of the 163 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. I got two...and then found out I was missing four more.
    * The only Spanish edition I'm missing.

I built two previous grail lists and completed both, so I built a new one. I'm pretty positive it'll take me a lot of time to get these but these are not current objectives:

* The Regulators - Lettered edition
    * Stories of Suspense ACHIEVED!
    * One copy of The Maine campus with a S. King piece on it.

I got a lot of stuff outside this list so I'm more than happy with my collecting year. A couple of the publisher's manuscripts, merchandising, the Neibolt Street house model, saw King live. Hell, I even got a book inscribed to me by Stephen King sent from his house in FL to my house. It doesn't get better than that!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I got a lot of stuff outside this list so I'm more than happy with my collecting year. A couple of the publisher's manuscripts, merchandising, the Neibolt Street house model, saw King live. Hell, I even got a book inscribed to me by Stephen King sent from his house in FL to my house. It doesn't get better than that!
    Wicked!
    Flatsigned or with a pretty cool inscribtion?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    I think this is the remainder of my wants.

Maybe 1 this year (Q3)

Christine s/l
    Eyes of the Dragon S/L
    Skeleton Crew S/L

Oh and Black House S/L no 24 if it ever surfaces

This would complete my little collection.
    I did very well, with Skeleton Crew joining the family.

One step closer.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Wicked!
    Inscribed 😊
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Nothing more acquired since my last update in July. Some nice copes have come up, but for more than I wanted to pay:

S/Ls:
    - Gunslinger (Grant)
    - TWTTK (Grant)
    - The Talisman (Grant)
    - Christine (Grant)
    - Skeleton Crew (Scream Press)
    - Salems Lot (Centipede Press)

- Gunslinger 1984 printing (Grant)
    - UK IT "Special Collectors Edition" PB (NEL)

- At least 3 more early U.K. 1/1 editions. Early-ish. Not any of the really early, high-priced editions

- IT UK Proof (Hodder)

I’ve dropped most of these items from my King goals for next year, just keeping the ones consistent with my existing King collection. I’m finding the market has ballooned to the point where every purchase is accompanied by qualms about how much I paid. I’m not out of the game, but much of the joy is gone for me.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wicked!
    Inscribed 😊
    Picture or it doesnt exist
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

I just started collecting in earnest earlier this year. I went a little crazy, and got some of my “must-haves” out of the way, including some items I’ve been eying long before this summer, when during what was maybe my fifth re-read of The Stand (this time mostly on audio), I started justifying buying myself a coffin -

*clears throat* box. I finally bought The Stand S/L, which I’ve admired for years, and then I fell into a hole. I registered for this forum like 10 years ago and have been reading King for 20+, but something happened in 2019 and I transformed my enthusiasm for my favorite author into a huge hobby / borderline obsession / the reason I’m broke.

* denotes items bought from people here! I can’t thank TDT members enough for being such an expansive resource, and for welcoming a new collector such as myself. Thanks to this forum I: got several books I wanted, avoided at least one bogus sig, was told when I overpaid for something, learned about some great publishers and the work and artisanship of producing beautiful books. I also just felt validated in my new hobby. I can see the same appreciation I’m developing in other people here, along with amazing collections that I could aspire to one day have, if I either win the lottery or found a door to a world with more affordable secondhand market prices.

I don't have a list to cross off, so these were my pickups this year (probably forgetting some stuff and smaller items not included):

Signed stuff
    The Stand S/L
    IT CD 25th Ann. S/L (* thanks Dolso!)
    Insomnia S/L (* thanks DoctorZaius!)
    The Shining Subterranean Press S/L (* Thanks Dolso!)
    DT2 Audio cassette signed
    DT3 S/L

Dark Tower stuff
    DT1-7 firsts + Viking Gunslinger
    WTTK artist edition (still on the grant website)
    A better DJ for the Gunslinger 1st (* thanks firemonkey66!)
    cool slipcase for Gunslinger ( * thanks webstar1000 for the sale…I don’t remember who made these for you)
    Skcollector.com slipcases for the rest (+ Viking Slinger)

Various 1st trades
    I already had some before “actually collecting” but I’m still missing a lot. My favorite pickup from this category (besides my precious Gunslinger):
    a nice copy of Pet Sematary (* thanks firemonkey66!)
    + two nice Jeff Whiley slipcases (It and EOTD)

Artist / Gift editions
    Misery Suntup artist gift edition
    Carrie CD gift edition
    Shining Folio Society (not signed)
    Talisman / Black House box (* thanks Dolso!)
    Revival LetterPress (preorder)

… Suntup
    I love the gift ed of Misery so much, one of my favorite items in my collection, that I wanted anything else by Suntup, so I started a little non-King collecting too. I’m excited to read both of these books for the first time:

Brother S/L
    I Am Legend artist gift edition (preorder)

--

It seems fitting that one of my last pickups this year was the The Stand brass plaque. Thanks RF and Peter Schneider for making these available. It’s a cool addition to my Stand S/L, my first-ever “pride and joy,” plus it’s a unique item I would have missed out on if I hadn’t been on TDT. Ka is a wheel??

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wicked!
    Inscribed 😊
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Wicked!
    Inscribed 😊
    Pretty cool !

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

UPDATED

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Unsigned 1st edition of The Institute GOT IT
    Signed 1st edition of The Institute GOT IT
    S/L of The Institute (if made) WAS NOT MADE
    G/E of The Institute (if made) WAS NOT MADE
    Signed 1st edition of Elevation GOT IT
    Signed 1st edtion of Thinner GOT IT
    Signed 1st edition paperback of The Storm of the Century ROLLS TO 2020
    Signed 1st edition of IT GOT IT
    Find the missing volume in my DT SL set ROLLS TO 2020
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

May I ask what books he was referring to?

QUOTE=Ari_Racing;1177728]
    Wicked!
    Inscribed 😊
    [/QUOTE]

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My book and a Spanish edition of Dark Tower Concordance that I edited 😊
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

My book and a Spanish edition of Dark Tower Concordance that I edited 😊

Congrats! That is so awesome!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4