Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Vincent

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: Vincent

Hi folks. I'd like to give this thread a try. I don't have a lot of things, but I think if I spread it out a bit, I could keep it going for a while.

Most of my stuff many of you will have seen before, but I can tell you what I love about it, what I found interesting, and ask a few questions here and there if I have them.

First up it's Viking's IT proof.

It's such a delicate and beautiful book. 1151 thin pages glued together. Pagenumbers done by hand in the header. In the inside top margin at first, and then it switches to the outside of the top margin from chapter 3.

There is a sticker on the cover specifying the print run, BOMC selection, movie rights and advertising campaign. The publication date and cover price have been filled in at the bottom.

I've talked to John about this some time ago and it seems to be more rare to see them with sticker than without. I'd love to know if anyone has any info on this. Perhaps the ones without the sticker were PC copies, or maybe my copy was sent out rather late, with a sticker slapped on with some recently established facts and figures. I'd also love to find out when exactly this book was ready and distributed. April 1986 at the earliest, June at the latest?

Here's a few pictures of some fun stuff from inside.

The listing of other books by King forgot to include the Bachman titles:

Page 429: the kiwis are escaping!

Page 551: when grownup Ben does his walking tour in chapter 11, he visits the library. As Pennywise is messing with him from the upstairs landing, Ben grabs a random book to withdraw and get out as quickly as he can.
    It turns out to be one of the books he borrowed on the day school let out in June 1958, when Bowers chased him into the Barrens. Ben looks at the library card inside:

His own name is missing here. Perhaps they considered putting in an illustration of his "childish signature, written in heavy pencil strokes", or it could as easily have been a simple mistake.
    Also: they changed the date from July 5 1958 to July 9 1958. Ben could keep the book four days longer.

Page 1133: hyphen heaven

Page 591: grownup Richie is walking around Derry and sees a billboard put up by Pennywise for Richie's "All-Dead" Rock Show.
    Here's a listing for the members of the Band:

BOBBY FULLER is listed as bass player. King (or his editor) changed this on the galleys to PHIL LINOTT, (see the first edition on page 589).
    Why was this changed? I'm no expert, but I read on the internet that Bobby Fuller wasn't a bass player, but rather a guitar player and band leader, and King may have preferred a real bass player listed in this spot.
    Phil Lynott, bassist of Thin Lizzy, died on the 6th of January 1986. This was probably pretty fresh in King's mind when he was going through the galleys.
    The only issue now is that the events with the grownups in Derry take place on the 30th of May 1985, when Phil Lynott would still have been alive.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

As I never cracked my IT proof open (Heaven forbid!) all that information is new and very interesting to me!
    Mine also has the sticker.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Very neat, Vincent! Thanks for posting.

I don't collect proofs, but IT is the one I'd love to own someday. Love it when members post their pics of it.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I agree, I would love an IT proof.
    And keep it going Vincent. It does not matter how much you have. I am sure we all want to see more.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

"Hoe, hoe, hoe." We sure doo, I mean dew!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thanks gents, I will!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    Page 429: the kiwis are escaping!
    Ahahahaha LOVE this!! Both the page and the comment

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Ahahahaha LOVE this!! Both the page and the comment
    thank you kindly! It's great isn't it, I love the typesetter thinking: "There, I fixed it!"

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking good, man! Thats a nice proof to kick off the thread with

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Looking good, man! Thats a nice proof to kick off the thread with
    Thanks Chad, much appreciated!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    "Hoe, hoe, hoe." We sure doo, I mean dew!
    Man alive. FIXED. It's not my fault the w and the e are next to each other the keyboard. But I guess I need to make sure by doing more proof reading. Keep on posting stuff Vincent.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice start, Vincent! Keep them coming!!!!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY nice start for a new thread !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Nice start, Vincent! Keep them coming!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    VERY nice start for a new thread !!!
    thank you very much, so much fun to post stuff here!

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So pleased you have started a collection thread. Life has finally settled down to the normal stresses and I will respond to your earlier email in the next few days. It is always fun to interact with another proof/manuscript collector. Did you pick up any of the Steiner auction manuscripts?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    So pleased you have started a collection thread. Life has finally settled down to the normal stresses and I will respond to your earlier email in the next few days. It is always fun to interact with another proof/manuscript collector. Did you pick up any of the Steiner auction manuscripts?
    Hi Jeff, thanks for this! I'm glad things have settled down and look forward to hearing from you very much.

The Steiner auction doesn't ring a bell, I'm afraid. Do you have a link for that? In any case, no I didn't :-). There were a lot of great ones in the David Morrell auction. I put in a silent bid the first time around for the auction that ended up being canceled, but bowed out for the online spread-out auction when I saw the estimates of $10.000-$15.000 per manuscript.

Country
    Country Flag

Last year I got lucky with a scratch lottery ticket and won a nice sum. I decided to splurge on this signed Stand By Me vinyl.

I got lucky with the scratch ticket, and the ebay seller that had this listed got lucky with me.

There's just so much to love about this: King's novella, the movie, the music from the movie, the artwork, the signature. It hangs on my wall and I enjoy it every day. Free money well spent!

My Mood
    Cool

Very unique and very cool. Keep them coming. I like what I see so far.

Like --- groovy.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That's fantastic! Love everything about that one

Country
    Country Flag

thank you Mike, Steve and Chad! Very much appreciated.

Country
    Country Flag

Up next is a script for Creepshow.

As you can see on the title page, this is a first draft, written in 1979.

King claims to have written this in a week (if I remember correctly), writing each of the stories in a day. Romero liked this first draft a lot, and King never had to write a second one.

It's 142 pages. I couldn't type 142 pages in a week, let alone write 142 pages.

There are two other Creepshow scripts on ebay right now. They have different covers and are both very expensive, which I don't understand at all.

And it's green! Just like Jordy Verrill's whiskers!

My Mood
    Cool

That is pretty cool Vincent. Can't wait to see what else you have to show.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

AWESOME stuff! Thank you for sharing!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast