Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Vincent

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

What, exactly, is that BILL MUNSTER"S FOOTSTEPS?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Hi Steve, Footsteps was a one-man magazine of weird fiction published by Bill Munster, who only passed away a few years ago. It had short stories, poetry, reviews, interviews and other non-fiction pieces. I bought this issue because it has an interview with King in which he mentions IT. The interview is in Feast of Fear, but I bought the original to see if there was any more information in the actual magazine. (sorry for the late reply)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Hi Steve, Footsteps was a one-man magazine of weird fiction published by Bill Munster, who only passed away a few years ago. It had short stories, poetry, reviews, interviews and other non-fiction pieces. I bought this issue because it has an interview with King in which he mentions IT. The interview is in Feast of Fear, but I bought the original to see if there was any more information in the actual magazine. (sorry for the late reply)
    Thanks! I have a FOOTSTEPS by Harlan Ellison. I guess it's from the same publisher. It's in a sealed bag though and I was too lazy to open it up.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

love those retro mags.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Peri!

This arrived today. I bought it for four dollars on ebay (plus bloody international shipping). The book is unread but there is some damage to it. Still chuffed to have it, me loves them proofs!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That is $4 well spent. Nice.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Yes, a great deal.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It must be yummy too.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

thanks guys. Yes, something took a bite out of it alright. Don't know how that happened.

I would assume a lobster.

Country
    Country Flag

Seeing all the fantastic inscriptions here made me think it would be so great to have all of these images in one place. Especially inscriptions with dates, because then I could sort them by date and, using the great signing events spreadsheet from this site, link them to particular places.

So I made such a site! Presenting:

www.signedanddated.info

Books signed by Stephen King during the seventies and eighties, sorted by date of inscription.

I've got 400 plus images at the moment, many of which from your most excellent collection threads.

It's ideal for scrolling through on the toilet.

This could be a cool resource for collectors to check for other books signed on the same day as their book, to compare signatures to from ebay listings, or to get to know King's signature-style from the 70s and 80s.

I'd love to get contributions, corrections, ideas from whoever's so inclined! Via PM or info@signedanddated.info.

If you're not comfortable seeing your signed book in the list, please let me know also.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Impressive !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

What a wonderful idea Vincent.
    This will be a splendid reference point.
    Thank you for all your efforts this far. I will ping you some emails.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Really spectacular resource. Great work.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Impressive !
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    What a wonderful idea Vincent.
    This will be a splendid reference point.
    Thank you for all your efforts this far. I will ping you some emails.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Really spectacular resource. Great work.
    Thank you very much, greatly appreciated! King sure did a lot of book signings between 79 and 83. And you can tell why he stopped going to the World Fantasy Conventions, he was just signing books all day long.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff mate 👍🏼

Traveler Zac1997 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Seeing all the fantastic inscriptions here made me think it would be so great to have all of these images in one place. Especially inscriptions with dates, because then I could sort them by date and, using the great signing events spreadsheet from this site, link them to particular places.

So I made such a site! Presenting:

www.signedanddated.info

Books signed by Stephen King during the seventies and eighties, sorted by date of inscription.

I've got 400 plus images at the moment, many of which from your most excellent collection threads.

It's ideal for scrolling through on the toilet.

This could be a cool resource for collectors to check for other books signed on the same day as their book, to compare signatures to from ebay listings, or to get to know King's signature-style from the 70s and 80s.

I'd love to get contributions, corrections, ideas from whoever's so inclined! Via PM or info@signedanddated.info.

If you're not comfortable seeing your signed book in the list, please let me know also.

Cool

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Great stuff mate 👍🏼
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac1997 View Post
    Cool
    Thanks Antoni and Zac!

It's been fun. Since launching the site, I've received some great contributions, and have added them.

On Mae's advice, I spent a couple of evenings typing in all of the inscriptions, so now you can call up a transcription by clicking or tapping on an image. Clicking or tapping again gets rid of the overlaying text.
    You can also use your browser's search function to find a particular inscription, say "Kaybird" or "Kirby".

I've also started collecting images of 90's inscriptions, but I'll wait till I have a decent amount before I add them.

Country
    Country Flag

Default IT blue proof

I've had it a while, but I haven't shared it here.

My newest pride and joy: the original blue proof for the Viking first edition of IT.

A huge thank you to John for giving me the opportunity to buy this, and an equally huge thank you to darkseer (Michael) for picking up the proof and shipping it to me, perfectly packaged and boxed. Thanks!

The blue proof was printed using the printer's repro galleys that I also have in my collection, here are the two side by side:

And here's the rest of my pre-publication IT stuff: the 3-volume manuscript photocopy made by Viking, the uncorrected bound proofs, the blue proof and printer's galleys:

On the title page, the proofreader at Viking asked for the logo to be moved down a bit, and someone at the printer (Dan?) made the change, printed out the new title page, and taped it on top, dating the change to 6/23(/'86), so they were working on this blue proof towards the end of June '86, working towards a publication date of Sept 15th.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That is fantastic, Vincent. Big congratulations!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've had it a while, but I haven't shared it here.

My newest pride and joy: the original blue proof for the Viking first edition of IT.

A huge thank you to John for giving me the opportunity to buy this, and an equally huge thank you to darkseer (Michael) for picking up the proof and shipping it to me, perfectly packaged and boxed. Thanks!

The blue proof was printed using the printer's repro galleys that I also have in my collection, here are the two side by side:

And here's the rest of my pre-publication IT stuff: the 3-volume manuscript photocopy made by Viking, the uncorrected bound proofs, the blue proof and printer's galleys:

On the title page, the proofreader at Viking asked for the logo to be moved down a bit, and someone at the printer (Dan?) made the change, printed out the new title page, and taped it on top, dating the change to 6/23(/'86), so they were working on this blue proof towards the end of June '86, working towards a publication date of Sept 15th.

That is pretty unique and impressive : congratulations Vincent !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations. Truly a rare item.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG BIG Congrats Vincent !!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Thanks for sharing that stuff!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Vincent! I cannot imagine a more complete collection of pre-publication materials than what you posted above. Simply stunning! The blue proof the printers galley are over the top. Job well done!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast