Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eli Roth’s History of Horror on AMC

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Eli Roth’s History of Horror on AMC

https://www.amc.com/shows/eli-roths-history-of-horror
    Featuring A-list storytellers like Stephen King, Quentin Tarantino, Jordan Peele, Jason Blum, Robert Englund, Linda Blair, Tippi Hedren, Rob Zombie, Haley Joel Osment, Jack Black, John Landis, Jamie Lee Curtis and more, Eli Roth’s History of Horror brings together the masters of horror - icons and stars who define the genre - to explore its biggest themes and reveal the inspirations and struggles behind its past and present. Each one-hour episode will take viewers on a chilling exploration of how horror has evolved through the eras and impacted society, as well as why loyal fans remain addicted to fear.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've been waiting for this for some time, although I'm concerned it may be a bit drier (as opposed to fun) than I'd like. We'll see. At any rate, it's a topic that deserves this treatment, so good on Roth/AMC.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I've been waiting for this for some time, although I'm concerned it may be a bit drier (as opposed to fun) than I'd like. We'll see. At any rate, it's a topic that deserves this treatment, so good on Roth/AMC.
    Saw somewhere (maybe here? Maybe tv?) where they asked Eli his fave part of making this and he immediately responded with his talk with King. That sealed its DVR fate for me

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    Saw somewhere (maybe here? Maybe tv?) where they asked Eli his fave part of making this and he immediately responded with his talk with King. That sealed its DVR fate for me
    I absolutely loved Danse Macabre, getting King's long-form, in-depth take on horror across print, movies etc., from early gothic stuff to the then-present day things, and I've always wanted him to revisit the topic to cover the 30 - 40 years that followed; this interview hopefully gives us some of that (nowhere as much as I'd like, but I'll take what I can get).

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really excited for this. I loved the James Cameron Sci-Fi one that aired over the summer (can't remember if it was on AMC, though).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Similarly, there is a 6 parts mini series about Scifi hosted by James Cameron, and it's pretty interesting and cool!
    > https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8344332/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I can't wait for this.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bet they'll pepper in King's comments here and there but it won't amount to anything substantial.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I bet they'll pepper in King's comments here and there but it won't amount to anything substantial.
    Unfortunately you’re spot on. But maybe they’ll point multiple cams at him and pepper in unnecessary jump cuts to make it seem like real sentences....hopefully Amc.com will have full chats online or something

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've just finished watching the first 3 episods, and they are really good.

Episode 101: “Zombies”
    Fast zombies, slow zombies, comedy zombies, teen zombies: zombies are everywhere. Undead ghouls have been around for decades but what set off zombie fever?

Episode 102: “Slashers” part one
    Michael Myers and Hannibal Lecter. Ghostface and Jigsaw. They are among the most terrifying figures in horror because they are the most real: cinematic butchers who kill without remorse… but are grounded in the grim realities of everyday life. The slasher film is an unsettling embodiment of the violence of the 24-hour news-cycle – an incarnation of our growing fears as the world around us becomes more bloody and uncertain. Eli Roth talks with some of the biggest names in the business about how this brand of horror reflects of our wars, our crime, even global terrorism, and leaves us reeling from questions we may never answer: Are our families safe from harm, when even our idyllic small town neighborhoods are corrupted by violence? Will we be punished for our sins? Will we succumb to our violent impulses?

Episode 103: “Slashers” part two
    The most extreme form of horror films, slashers have been vilified since they first came on the scene. But they have also been tremendously popular. The worst of them can still be entertaining; the best of them tell us brutal truths about ourselves, our fears, and our secret desires. Eli Roth and an all-star lineup of horror film creators and critics explore how and why slashers scare, attract, and anger audiences.
    Dont look for them just for Stephen King, because in the total of those episods you probably get 3mins with him (I would say that you see Joe Hill even more than him), but it is quite interesting.
    And so is the James Cameron's Scifi program.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Online?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Wow, that's brutal, is the whole thing like this? Just people 'membering things?
    Member when you were like young and saw stuff....
    Ack

Country
    Country Flag

I would think so yeah, fluff.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

On last night's episode about ghosts, Eli said that The Shining was King's second novel.

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

Maybe he considers Carrie a novella, slim as it is :p

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    On last night's episode about ghosts, Eli said that The Shining was King's second novel.

On another note, I really enjoyed the Creatures episode.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

So the show is now finished ! Havent watched the last 3 thought...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I haven't seen the vampires episode but overall I found it enjoyable. Just a bunch of fans and experts sitting around ruminating. Yeah, it was a bit fluffy but it was fun. A more in depth examination would still be welcomed though...

Country
    Country Flag

Enjoyed the series. I always like hearing these people talking about the first film/creature that scared them. Mine was Freddy. Wrecked me for days.

Country
    Country Flag

https://comicbook.com/horror/2018/11...n-possibility/
    In addition to both Eli Roth and Stephen King being prolific voices in the world of horror, they both hail from New England, which would make it seem like a collaboration between the two was an eventuality. Roth, who recently delivered the kid-friendly horror adaptation The House with a Clock in Its Walls, would gladly take on King, though other filmmakers have already claimed the projects that most interest him.

"I mean, a lot of the ones that I'm particularly interested in, other people are currently sitting in those parking spaces. But if they become available, I would do it," Roth shared with ComicBook.com.

Between movies, TV shows, and streaming options, there are multiple King projects in the works, so it's tough to deduce which story Roth was potentially interested in. While it wasn't necessarily a horrific experience to witness, fans did get to see a collaboration between Roth and King in AMC Visionaries: Eli Roth's History of Horror, with the filmmaker interviewing the author about all manner of horrific subject matters.

"It was my first time really sitting down and talking with him," Roth noted. "It was one of the most fun, thrilling conversations of my life and it's pretty awesome there was a camera crew to capture it and all the stories he shared with me and we got to share with everyone."

You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone in the world of horror who hasn't been impacted by King in some way, though King himself is more reluctant to hand out praise to all genre efforts. However, of Roth's cannibal film The Green Inferno, King previously claimed on Twitter, "The Green Inferno is like a glorious throwback to the drive-in movies of my youth: bloody, gripping, hard to watch, but you can't look away."

"I shook his hand at a premiere once and he [was] so generous to give me that incredible quote for Green Inferno," the filmmaker gushed. "He's very, very kind about me whenever he's asked about me and I just love him so much."

Hopefully the two horror masterminds can find a way to collaborate on a project sooner rather than later.

Roth's A House with a Clock in Its Walls is out now on Digital HD and lands on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-Ray, and DVD on December 18th.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Wasn't Roth supposed to do Cell for a long time, but it never happened and went to someone else? Curious what other books he wants to do.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I think they had creative differences but he was attached to it for a long time.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Was this series a one-time thing or any chance of more?

Country
    Country Flag

I think a one-time thing, but I guess they could bring it back if they wanted. I mean, there's a ton of horror topics and genres they could still do.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast