Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The Centipede Press Thread, Including CP: Book by Book – An Incomplete Bibliography

Gunslinger Apprentice JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about

I could be mistaken, but when I saw the difference in price for Stormbringer versus the previous Elric books, I just assumed it was a much higher page count.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

This is kind of a long shot, but as they say, a shot not taken is a shot missed, so...

I'm looking for a signed/numbered copy of Steve Fisher's I WAKE UP SCREAMING; it came out in mid-2009. I've only seen a couple copies show up on eBay, so know they're rather scarce and expensive, but I have a large number of Centipede titles, some signed Stephen King limiteds, etc., so can do a swap or supplement cash with trade. If you have a copy, DM me and let's talk.

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    This is kind of a long shot, but as they say, a shot not taken is a shot missed, so...

I'm looking for a signed/numbered copy of Steve Fisher's I WAKE UP SCREAMING; it came out in mid-2009. I've only seen a couple copies show up on eBay, so know they're rather scarce and expensive, but I have a large number of Centipede titles, some signed Stephen King limiteds, etc., so can do a swap or supplement cash with trade. If you have a copy, DM me and let's talk.

Hi Ron, are you sure there was a signed edition of this? My copy doesn't have a limitation page and neither does the one Camelot Books have in stock.
    Also, the book page on the Centipede Press website doesn't mention any signatures.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Newsletter:

Sunday, 27 September, 2009

I Wake Up Screaming by Steve Fisher
    now available

I Wake Up Screaming is a classic Hollywood noir about
    obsession and murder. Steve Fisher was an insider to a lot
    of Hollywood corruption and used his extensive knowledge to
    create this thrilling and suspenseful Hollywood crime novel.

This is the first hardcover edition of the novel since
    1941. Our edition conforms to the revised 1960 edition of
    the book, and includes a fine introduction, several covers
    from Black Mask magazine, ten short stories by Fisher from
    Black Mask and other pulps, most never before collected in
    book form; a rare essay on pulp fiction by Fisher, never
    before published in book form; a rare photograph of Fisher,
    and a memoir by Fisher about Humphrey Bogart, never before
    published anywhere.

The price of the book is $85. However, we are running a
    special where you can get it from us for $75 postpaid
    (domestic orders only).
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Jason, actually no, I’m not sure…it very well may have been issued without a sig./limitation page…I know there’ve been some titles issued without one, particularly in the early days of Centipede. Thanks for that clarification (and I envy you your copy!).

Lurker: Oh, to go back in time and correct a very stupid decision on my part…$75. Man.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anybody happen to know the current value of the S/L’d “Forever War”

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Believe me, I'm kicking myself for not buying more books back then.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Does anybody happen to know the current value of the S/L’d “Forever War”
    Of course there are no recent sales on Ebay...but if I had tp take a guess - I would say the S/L is around $800 or so and the unsigned would probably be around $500. I haven't seen any of these change hands recently of the Facebook group either - no one has listed them for sale. They just don't change hands that often. I bought and unsigned copy when it was initially offered, caused I passed on the signed one (duh). Then I bought a signed one several years ago - for roughly $450-500 if memory serves me correctly - and that was a little low back then (I felt I got a good deal). With all things CP right now you could probably go $100-150 higher on both books
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Country
    Country Flag

OK. Now I'm weeing like the Suntup fanatics. DUNE DAY!!!!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone get the order link for Dune yet? The first batch should have gone out. I'm still waiting. I've only been on the list a year, so I didn't expect to get the first email.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I got mine - $660.00 total

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Anyone get the order link for Dune yet? The first batch should have gone out. I'm still waiting. I've only been on the list a year, so I didn't expect to get the first email.
    Nope. I think I was one of the early one to ask also. Jerad said that I was near the front, or so I thought, but he did say that I should be close enough to get a signed book. I do know there were 800 people looking for 500 books.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Most of those were subscribers. Next batch will be more of the list than the first batch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not a subscriber. Went back and looked when I sent him an e-mail to put me on the list and it was Mar 5, 2017.
    Patience.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I'm not a subscriber. Went back and looked when I sent him an e-mail to put me on the list and it was Mar 5, 2017.
    Patience.
    Haha - my request was the same date - I was in the second batch and just ordered my signed copy
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Got my link at 12:00 and ordered the signed one.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are there more details or is it the typical bland description Jerad prefers and then he comes out with something spectacular?

I'm not asking you to share the details!

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very happy to have been in the first batch. I'm looking forward to the full set.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

My Mood
    Cool

Are there more details or is it the typical bland description Jerad prefers and then he comes out with something spectacular?

Do yo mean the price or the book. If you mean the book, then once you buy it, it takes you to the Dune page and you
    can read all about the book.

Country
    Country Flag

It's pretty much what's in the e-mail with some pictures. Kinda like he does for everything.
    For some reason I thought Marc Simonetti was the artist but he's doing the second book.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reply worried here. I’ve been on the list for 2 years and no Email!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

You're worried!

Country
    Country Flag

Got it.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Got it.

I missed it. I got the email but wasn't able to check out.

That just save me thousands of dollars.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I’m assuming all the signed copies are gone. I got a link to buy an unsigned copy and I don’t think I was even on the list.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast