Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: The Centipede Press Thread, Including CP: Book by Book – An Incomplete Bibliography

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    in the newsletter emails that Jerad sends out when he gives tentative dates are they for when pre-orders will be happening or are they shipping dates?
    Depends, as I've seen him list both. Typically preorder dates.

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    in the newsletter emails that Jerad sends out when he gives tentative dates are they for when pre-orders will be happening or are they shipping dates?
    Depends, as I've seen him list both. Typically preorder dates.
    thanks!
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I got one. I’m curious to see how many / if copies will remain for tomorrow’s open offering. It’s a bit more expensive than what I recall it was estimated to be (though perhaps I’m just misremembering)...I wonder if that will temper early purchasing or not.
    it was originally stated at $495

Gunslinger Apprentice JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about

Did anyone receive a newsletter today? Seems weird there wouldn’t be one with Something Wicked being released. If I follow the link from the early notify it seems to still be available to order so far.

Gunslinger Apprentice JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about

Disregard above. Just got the newsletter. No further mention of Something Wicked, though.

Traveler woland is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

"Something wicked" is now sold out. Quite an achievement if you consider the price.

Gunslinger Apprentice Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If someone missed the newsletter...

https://imgur.com/c71nD9q
    https://imgur.com/8qR8Hw3

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Black Miau View Post
    https://imgur.com/vLQ9ySF
    Was that email sent to those who raised their hands stating they were interested in the early pre-order or everyone on the newsletter distribution list? I didn't get an email, but I also didn't asked to be considered for the early pre-order. I was considering if there were any left for Sunday's regular newsletter to look at it and then have my bank tell me no.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Was that email sent to those who raised their hands stating they were interested in the early pre-order or everyone on the newsletter distribution list? I didn't get an email, but I also didn't asked to be considered for the early pre-order. I was considering if there were any left for Sunday's regular newsletter to look at it and then have my bank tell me no.
    I received the advance-notice Saturday email, and then there was a Sunday email, but the latter didn’t advertise the Bradbury book...since the 300-copy run is now sold out, my presumption is it sold out in the initial Saturday pre-order, which would explain why it wasn’t featured in the Sunday email. But of course that’s just all guesswork.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I received the advance-notice Saturday email, and then there was a Sunday email, but the latter didn’t advertise the Bradbury book...since the 300-copy run is now sold out, my presumption is it sold out in the initial Saturday pre-order, which would explain why it wasn’t featured in the Sunday email. But of course that’s just all guesswork.
    That's about what I was guessing too

Does anyone happen to have a copy of The Delicate Dependency that they wish to sell?

Gunslinger Apprentice Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It seems that the newsletter was sent to whoever was interested in the early pre-order.
    Although it was not yet sold out, it did not appear in the Sunday newsletter. I do not have the exact data but the 300 copies were sold between 45-47 hours.

Country
    Country Flag

A few images I took from Centipede Press' latest release: Ramsey Campbell Master of Weird Fiction. The images are not in the best quality. Sorry!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frondz View Post
    So while I think of myself as somewhat up-to-speed on values for Centipede releases, I came across an oddity last night, one I'd forgotten I have until an influx of books made me reshuffle a number of my shelves to make them all fit. I found this oddity tucked away; I hadn't seen it in years, and completely forgot I had it. I'm wondering what others might estimate its value.

For lack of a better description, it's an early production piece for THE MONK. It's an unbound but complete (I think...?) page block of perhaps 1.5" thick...that is, it's bound by glue and what looks to be stitching, but there are no boards. It's untrimmed, so some of the pages are uncut at the top and thus are stuck together with their neighboring page(s), and the color indicators for the machination (the correct term is escaping in this late hour) are visible on many of the outer edges of the page sides. It's fully illustrated in color, and quite lovely. I think what it is a complete (again, I think...?) page block that only needed to be trimmed and bound to be called a book, but it's just shy of that label. It's in Fine shape, for what it is.

I'm lost on the value of such a thing...obviously, it would appeal primarily to Centipede completists -- and perhaps have an immense lure for them -- but presumably have little appeal elsewhere. I don't collect such things (though thumbing through it I wish I hadn't passed on the book proper, as it's a beautiful production), so am toying with the idea of throwing it up on eBay...anybody have any idea what such a thing (perhaps the only such existing example of an early THE MONK production piece) should demand?
    Interesting piece for sure. I'd rather the Centipede experts chime in, but since no one has yet, I'll give it a shot. First, does it have a signature sheet bound in? I'm guessing it would align with its published counterpart, but maybe slightly less due to a more limited interest as you stated. In other words, with a signature sheet, maybe $250-300, and without, maybe $200. JUST a wild guess based on limited knowledge of Centipede collectibles. But, I do know a bit about proofs and pre-publication copies. Care to throw up some pictures? Would be interesting to see for everyone, I think.
    Okay, here are some pics...any thoughts appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I used to have a CP Salems' Lot book block exactly like that. (Sold it to Jhanic years ago.)
    They are interesting, but it may be one of those vague "market value" items.
    If it's a popular, high demand book, it may command a high price by someone looking to have a custom binding made for it, but probably not more than what a finished edition is selling for.
    Thanks, I think you're right that it's probably too vague and obscure an item to guess market value. I'll probably just throw it up here for sale, or on eBay, and see what happens. It's a beautiful production within (and makes me wish I'd opted to snag a copy of CP's THE MONK), but I just don't collect early production material, not even ARCs...gotta draw the line somewhere. ;-)
    I actually have one of these (I'd have to check my old emails but I think when I got mine Jerad said there were a "couple" so maybe ours are the only ones) or I would be on this in a second.

I think Frondz is pretty spot-on. FWIW, as the type of person that collects this stuff, if I didn't have this, I'd buy immediately at anything less than $200, would hesitate a little but then buy it at $200, would hesitate more but still maybe get it at $250, and would probably pass at $300 (or try to make an offer to the seller). Having the limitation page would probably up this slightly but it's not an author-signed limitation page so is less important. Just my $0.02!
    With shelves (still) overflowing, I put a first batch of books up on eBay today...including this one. No idea where it'll go from here, but we'll see...one thing I do know, is that I sure wish I'd picked up this book when it was offered, because the illustrations and decorative text within are just phenomenal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133531152793

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

I'd assume most of us here saw the new Folio limited edition of DUNE announced yesterday (looks stunning, btw):

https://www.foliosociety.com/usa/dun...+Folio+Society

Wonder if that will eat into any excitement over Centipede's upcoming edition? Probably not- books seem to keep going up and up in "value" no matter how many expensive editions are produced these days. I think there will be a bubble burst at some point (like back in 2008/9)- I just can't see these uber expensive books to continue trading at this crazy upwards trajectory in this weird economy forever, but- who knows?

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    I'd assume most of us here saw the new Folio limited edition of DUNE announced yesterday (looks stunning, btw):

Wonder if that will eat into any excitement over Centipede's upcoming edition? Probably not- books seem to keep going up and up in "value" no matter how many expensive editions are produced these days. I think there will be a bubble burst at some point (like back in 2008/9)- I just can't see these uber expensive books to continue trading at this crazy upwards trajectory in this weird economy forever, but- who knows?
    %$#!! I missed it!!
    Mark Twain

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I’m 1000% with you on this. There is no possible way this trend continues. I’m sorry but 700 USD for that folio book is just so ridiculous.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

I’m 1000% with you on this. There is no possible way this trend continues. I’m sorry but 700 USD for that folio book is just so ridiculous.
    It's nice, but definitely overpriced. That's Suntup pricing and not even close to their quality. As a fairly hardcore Dune collector though, I'll probably have to track one down eventually.
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    It felt like a missed opportunity for me. I really like the Sam Weber illustrations and wish they'd been able to add several additional ones to this edition. That combined with an upgraded binding might have pushed me towards buying. At least 500 folks thought it was worthwhile though, and I do really like the case design. As it was I'll settle for their standard edition which looks nice enough (I'm way too late to the party to get in on the Centipede edition, and not an obsessive fan of 'Dune' either).
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Well, there's always this earlier $135 Folio edition, which appears to still be available:

https://www.foliosociety.com/usa/dune.html

Not signed or numbered and it's a more plain presentation of both the book and case, but it's certainly more reasonably priced for what you get...as others have mentioned, that newer edition seemed way high to me at $695.

Country
    Country Flag

A few photos of the limited edition of Dune by Folio Society. (not the best quality but better than nothing)

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by woland View Post
    A few photos of the limited edition of Dune by Folio Society. (not the best quality but better than nothing)

Thanks for sharing! Was curious about it.. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Country
    Country Flag

It is expensive, but beautiful. Glad to have one. That clamshell has a hard-to-beat design (IMO).

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

The differences between their existing Dune publication and that limited edition were too minimal for me to justify that cost. But damn do I like that clamshell!!

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    The differences between their existing Dune publication and that limited edition were too minimal for me to justify that cost. But damn do I like that clamshell!!
    the clamshell is beautiful
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast