Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The Centipede Press Thread, Including CP: Book by Book – An Incomplete Bibliography

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I've no doubt the edition will be worth every penny, although I will pass on it, myself, as I'm trying to be laser-focused in my collecting goals.

The nice thing is that it looks like Jerad is taking a markedly different design approach to the material, when comparing to Paul's approach for Suntup. One could buy both and have two very different and wonderful editions. I don't think you can really ask, "Who did it better?", since the design goals are so distinct.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

When I hear "lenticular image" it sounds cheap. I have comic books that are lenticulars I bought for 5 bucks.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's a design thing, not a "this is why the book is $600" thing.

Do you ever stop complaining? I know that if I see your name in a thread it's going to be something negative and petty.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    the original drawings that Jackson did
    This is particular feels a bit like copy-cat behaviour. I don’t recall these being included in the original prospectus from CP, but then Suntup included them and lo!

I’m sure Jerad feels the pressure of having to make this edition stand out. In any case, I’ll gladly pass on this.

On a different note: is anything known about CP’s edition of The Elementals or when the Fallen Angel duology will go on sale?

Traveler Sol3rSystem will become famous soon enough Sol3rSystem's Avatar

According to an email I got from Jerad, The Elementals will be $125 in early January, and the Hjortsberg set will be around $195 around April.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Thanks!

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have any thoughts on current value of a CP Jekyll & Hyde, numbered edition (out of 200)?

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on current value of a CP Jekyll & Hyde, numbered edition (out of 200)?
    There are a number of copies available online from $375-$500, which I think is high. IMO $200 would be a steal, $250 would be a good price, and $300 would be on the high end but not crazy.

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

HHH sold out.
    I'm excited for it. And every month we edge closer to Dune as well! And the 4th Elric !! Eagerly awaiting news on Alice in Wonderland well, I hope he tracked down Tim Burton and was his intention.
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    HHH sold out.
    I'm excited for it. And every month we edge closer to Dune as well! And the 4th Elric !! Eagerly awaiting news on Alice in Wonderland well, I hope he tracked down Tim Burton and was his intention.
    Wow, a week to sell out is pretty good for that price range! Especially because his normal customers are not used to prices that high so there must have been a good amount of outside demand.

God I can't wait for Dune.

And I had forgotten about Alice! He's great about using nice photopaper (or whatever it's called) in the bigger art books, I hope he does the same with this one, seeing as he's using the Dali illustrations

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Pretty impressive that HHH sold out so quickly. Only 250 copies, but still quite surprising at that price point. Looks to be an amazing edition, though.

And yes, everyone's waiting for Dune. I despair at being able to get a copy, but I hold onto hope. Perhaps I should pray to Shai-Hulud.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

If a deluxe is happening then my # would become available I guess
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Country
    Country Flag

Here's a copy of Childhood's End on eBay that has a BIN less than the retail price: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arthur-C-Cl...kAAOSwzwReB7wo

This is a super trustworthy seller and the best price I've seen on this book! Pick this up now if you missed it and have regrets

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone here get the books from the pre-sale on Sunday? I spent too much time mulling it over and missed out on a signed set. I did just get the unsigned set at $99 at the same link. This either means all 300 sets sold in less than a day or he's holding back some for the general public. I'm thinking it's the former.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the second book but I firmly believe the first book is a future classic, up there with Old Man's War, The Three-Body Problem and Children of Ruin. Some people might get put off by the "hard science fiction" term but it's really not hard and it doesn't matter anyway, the book is all interesting characters, nonstop action and some very neat ideas.

I also picked up the new Tem collection for $20. That's a Centipede trade for less than a cheapo hardcover from a mass market publisher.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I jumped on the presale for reasons known only to Jerad. And he’s not telling me. Sci-fi is usually an easy pass for me. But that description got me and I got a signed set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

It's weird. I never heard of those books or the author, but I bought a pre-sale signed set too. It just seemed like a deal too good to pass up.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Did anyone here get the books from the pre-sale on Sunday? I spent too much time mulling it over and missed out on a signed set. I did just get the unsigned set at $99 at the same link. This either means all 300 sets sold in less than a day or he's holding back some for the general public. I'm thinking it's the former.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the second book but I firmly believe the first book is a future classic, up there with Old Man's War, The Three-Body Problem and Children of Ruin. Some people might get put off by the "hard science fiction" term but it's really not hard and it doesn't matter anyway, the book is all interesting characters, nonstop action and some very neat ideas.
    I had not heard of this author before, nor these books (obviously) so I'm happy to hear a good review of one of them! That's some pretty good company they're in!

Also I'm loving the dustjackets and the complementary color scheme of these books. And with "multiple color" foil stamping on the book, I think these are going to be real beauties. Congrats to everyone who scored a set

I agree that it was probably a full sell-out. I'm not sure if his mailing list base has just gotten so big, or the collectors more diverse, or if it's just that more people are realizing that Centipede Press books have a really high value for their price point, but easily 80% of his books sell out the first day, if not the first few hours. This was not the case 5 years ago! For the first couple of years I was getting the mailing list (roughly 2012-2014 or so) he was regularly having sales of old stock just to make space. Stuff that is getting hard to find at even 2-3x of the original list price!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I jumped on the presale for reasons known only to Jerad. And he’s not telling me. Sci-fi is usually an easy pass for me. But that description got me and I got a signed set.
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    It's weird. I never heard of those books or the author, but I bought a pre-sale signed set too. It just seemed like a deal too good to pass up.
    I think you both made a wise choice and should you regret it when the books come you can probably ease your sorrows by selling for like twice the price you paid

Country
    Country Flag

Just an FYI, the book is free on the author's website. I think it's a PDF but I'm not sure.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

$1,000,000

Cash on the barrelhead only. You bring the barrel.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

Yesss! For a long time I wondered why Blindsight had never been released in a limited edition. It's had cult classic (if you can call a book published in 2006 a classic) status for a while now. I suggested it in the 2016 questionnaire and it is wonderful to see that one of my favourite Presses has now published it. I jumped on it instantly when I got the notice.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I agree Echopraxia is a more difficult book. At some points I wasn't honestly quite sure what was going on. I remember in an "Ask Me Anything" thread in another place Watts ruminated that perhaps he had a failure of sorts as so many people had questions about stuff he thought he had clarified in the novel. I think I am going to do a re-read when I have these editions in hand. It's unfortunate you missed out on a signed set! I did not expect them to go so quickly at all.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

All this chatter is making me thrilled that I bought this set. I was really scolding myself for spending on an impulse buy when I am waiting for a different Centipede release.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    All this chatter is making me thrilled that I bought this set. I was really scolding myself for spending on an impulse buy when I am waiting for a different Centipede release.

Who was the author?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Peter Watts from Toronto. I think I might drop him a line about scribbling in my unsigned set or I'll pop by at one of his signings in Toronto.

I'm certainly glad I bought HELL HOUSE from Centipede. The only one I can find from a lazy search is on Abe Books for $1200.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast