Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: The Centipede Press Thread, Including CP: Book by Book – An Incomplete Bibliography

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Buy it

I did.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I’m assuming all the signed copies are gone. I got a link to buy an unsigned copy and I don’t think I was even on the list.

Yep, I just received a second email on it, the one you saw, so that must’ve been the general distribution list alert after all the earlier waiting-list emails went out (from which I bought a signed copy). Congrats on snagging a copy, Jeff.:-)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

As usual I forgot all about this.
    I got 2 e-mails 5 minutes apart.
    One had both signed and unsigned, the 2nd only unsigned.
    I clicked both and only unsigned came up both times so I bought one of those.
    I was way late on getting put on the want list anyway.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

All sold out. Man, IMHO, that was fast.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Yeah, a very popular release.
    There are less unsigned books than signed books, so they are worth more!
    JK, of course! I was just happy to get one, especially since I was late to the party. I think there were something like 800 people on the waiting list for the 500 signed copies. I think I was number 799.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I was fortunate enough to be in the first batch, and picked up a signed copy. I plan to get the full set, and to be buried with them. Dune is my jam, and these editions will be spectacular.

Congrats to everyone who got one, signed or unsigned.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I think I was in the first batch as well and looking forward to getting the full set.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Getting the unsigned was more than I could hope for. I wouldn’t have gotten the signed because I have no plans to get the set. Though I would have been supremely tempted.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Confirmation from Jerad! I can quit holding my breath.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Yea, I got mine earlier in the day. This should be a great set.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Me three! These are the moments of pure joy in building a library.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    Me three! These are the moments of pure joy in building a library.
    Congrats.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. The vultures are already out. $2,500. I hope no one buys it. And a bit surprised 80 volumes to dealers - the only ones I've seen for sale were Camelot.

Anyway, I came here because since I decided to redo shelves I realized my, um, can't remeber which - John Farris - is missing the mylar dust jacket the older CP books used to come in. Is there somewhere to get replacements or just SOL?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. The vultures are already out. $2,500. I hope no one buys it. And a bit surprised 80 volumes to dealers - the only ones I've seen for sale were Camelot.

Anyway, I came here because since I decided to redo shelves I realized my, um, can't remeber which - John Farris - is missing the mylar dust jacket the older CP books used to come in. Is there somewhere to get replacements or just SOL?
    One sold at $3500 on the weekend.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

As my dear ol' Dad used to say - they have more money than brains.

Country
    Country Flag

As my dear ol' Dad used to say - they have more money than brains.
    huh? Why? Cause they bought something they really wanted and could not get it elsewhere? wow... harsh.....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Well, I plan on getting the whole set. But $3,500 is impressive. I wonder what the dip will be after the second book come out, and what a complete matched set may
    settle at.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Well, I plan on getting the whole set. But $3,500 is impressive. I wonder what the dip will be after the second book come out, and what a complete matched set may
    settle at.
    There are maybe 1% of book collectors that would jump at a full set. People just can’t swing these massive cash layouts for the most part. Any full set would likely be done under a payment plan of some sort.

Country
    Country Flag

It may be harsh, but I agree with it. I personally think the price of some books is just silly. But five times what it was? I think this Dune is close to the most I have ever spent on a book that isn't even signed by the author. I may need my own head examined. If people have that kind of money to burn, fine, it's theirs. But I still think it's not too bright. If no one paid the vultures these inflated prices they would come down. How much is a first Elric right now?

I read recently where SP is probably going to reprint the Erikson books, and I'll be just as happy with getting the ones I don't have as seconds, saving, oh 10k. I guess as I get older I'm just very cynical about all this cashing in on someone who really wanted the book to have, keep, cherish as opposed to a vulture who screws them.

So no clues on mylar?

Country
    Country Flag

It may be harsh, but I agree with it. I personally think the price of some books is just silly. But five times what it was? I think this Dune is close to the most I have ever spent on a book that isn't even signed by the author. I may need my own head examined. If people have that kind of money to burn, fine, it's theirs. But I still think it's not too bright. If no one paid the vultures these inflated prices they would come down. How much is a first Elric right now?

I read recently where SP is probably going to reprint the Erikson books, and I'll be just as happy with getting the ones I don't have as seconds, saving, oh 10k. I guess as I get older I'm just very cynical about all this cashing in on someone who really wanted the book to have, keep, cherish as opposed to a vulture who screws them.

So no clues on mylar?
    I must be really stupid then and without Brains as I’ve spent FAR MORE on books then issue price

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    settle at.
    There are maybe 1% of book collectors that would jump at a full set. People just can’t swing these massive cash layouts for the most part. Any full set would likely be done under a payment plan of some sort.
    First, where did I ever say I was going to sell it once I got the set. And I don't have money to burn. I just wanted something that I think will be a cool set to have. And if I were to sell it, I would have no problem taking payments. I buy many of my books like that.

Plus, if we switch to King, just for a second, I have never been able to by any of the early King books for retail I bought to fill in my first ed set. As for S\L, I have never paid retail. I have not been fast enough to do that, so I always pay above the retail price. I mean, if I want it, and can get it, I will.

Country
    Country Flag
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Got my shipping notice for Dune. Too soon though for any tracking. Can't wait to see this one in person.

Country
    Country Flag

anyone have a signed one to sell?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast