Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: The Centipede Press Thread, Including CP: Book by Book – An Incomplete Bibliography

Gunslinger Apprentice JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about

I am interested in trading my signed/numbered copy of Ender’s Way for other older CP titles. If anyone is interested, please let me know what titles you have available to trade. Thanks!

Gunslinger Apprentice JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about

Did anyone receive a Centipede email today? I’m guessing there wasn’t one but just wanting to make sure it isn’t an issue on my end, thanks!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I did not receive one either.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Nope. I did not see one either.

Thanks to you both!

Along the Path of the Beam Ockhamistic has a spectacular aura about Ockhamistic has a spectacular aura about Ockhamistic's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Centipede Press Roman Numeral “The Forever War”

Could anyone give me the approximate value of a Centipede Press Roman numeral copy of “The Forever War?” Thank you!

This thread has been so quiet of late. Anyone been excited about Architect of Sleep or the recent Alan Dean Foster books? I’ve been reading a chapter or two every other day out of The Director Should Have Shot You and have been really enjoying it. Such a great value for a relatively low cost book.

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JGeis View Post
    This thread has been so quiet of late. Anyone been excited about Architect of Sleep or the recent Alan Dean Foster books? I’ve been reading a chapter or two every other day out of The Director Should Have Shot You and have been really enjoying it. Such a great value for a relatively low cost book.
    I passed on both titles. I hadn't really heard much about The Architect of Sleep other than that it was unfinished and it was just too much money for me to drop on a title that I wasn't familiar with.

Was really close to getting The Director Should Have Shot You, but I have spent way too much money recently (*glares at Paul*) and ultimately passed. I did pick up Dark Star though and it is a very nice publication.

Anybody here pick up the Philip K Dick set? I missed out, but hot damn is that a beautiful looking set!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Well, it won't be quiet for long. I think Dune is right around the corner.

I did buy the PKD set but I haven’t spent much time with it yet and I’ve never read any of the three included novels previously. I will say that my initial impression of the slipcase was that it was not on the same level as sets like Punktown or Falling Angel/Angel’s Inferno.

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought both but haven't received Architect yet. Looking forward to The Spear and Dune if I'm able to get it
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

I did buy the PKD set but I haven’t spent much time with it yet and I’ve never read any of the three included novels previously. I will say that my initial impression of the slipcase was that it was not on the same level as sets like Punktown or Falling Angel/Angel’s Inferno.
    Was it not? I have both the Punktown and Hjortsberg sets and they are both incredible sets. I can only go off the photos for the Dick set, but it looked impressive.

I'm bummed that I missed out, so I'm holding out for a potential reprint.

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    Was it not? I have both the Punktown and Hjortsberg sets and they are both incredible sets. I can only go off the photos for the Dick set, but it looked impressive.

I'm bummed that I missed out, so I'm holding out for a potential reprint.
    I'm pissed I missed out on the PKD set too
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

The spine of the PKD slipcase uses a glued decal rather than the fine printing/stamping on those other sets. Also, being that the three books are individual, distinct novels, I was a little disappointed that the front boards for each book are identical. These are minor gripes to be sure and I’m certain I’ll very much enjoy the set once I get around to spending more time with it and actually reading the novels.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    I bought both but haven't received Architect yet. Looking forward to The Spear and Dune if I'm able to get it
    Mine is suppose to be here tomorrow. That was fast for USPS. I just got the notice Thursday.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

That's my current read as well, and am really enjoying it. Very conversational style with a good deal of humor...always an entertaining mix.

I picked up the PKD set, but did pass on the Boyett novel. Fantasy isn't my thing to begin with, and once I read up on the title and found out that it ends essentially midstream and that it's just the first of five volumes that the author said he needed to tell the tale -- and the other four have remained unpublished for decades...well, that was, for me, one of the easier Centipede titles to pass on.

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Ron - Steven Boyette wrote an afterword for 'The Architect of Sleep' that discusses the unfinished nature of the book. I don't want to quote it verbatim, but he essentially talks about this history of the book, as well as the difficulties of finishing it now, and what it would take for him to do so. One of the fascinating bits harkens backs to Gibson (who is on the mind due to the recent Suntup 'Neuromancer' release) discussing his work in a documentary called 'No Maps for These Territories'. In that doc, Gibson talks about not being able to create something like 'Neuromancer' as it was a young mans novel and that as he's aged, he no longer has 'access to the material' that went into it. Boyette refers to that same point as being one of the difficulties in finishing his work, as so much time has passed, and he's different writer now than then with a different esthetic sense.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Jeremy, thanks for the insight from the afterword…that certainly echoes what I gathered from my brief research into the title* and affirms that I made the right decision for me. Even if Jerad publishes the second novel of the series — which apparently is (mostly?) written and rests in the author’s drawer at home — that still leaves three novels left unwritten and destined to stay that way.

* Primarily from this interview: https://kayshapero.livejournal.com/107115.html

Anyone have thoughts or commentary to share on the announcements for the remainder of the year in today’s newsletter? Many of the titles are not books I’ve read before.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have thoughts or commentary to share on the announcements for the remainder of the year in today’s newsletter? Many of the titles are not books I’ve read before.
    As of right now, I'm only interested in The Spear and Dune. That could change when I see what the other books look like. I may be interested in the cheaper non-slipcased/non-signed Bradbury and Jackson books.

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

'Children of the Kingdom' is one I'm hugely interested in, if for nothing else than the Zimakov illustrations. His illustrations, and the lovely printing of them, for 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' were just awesome.

I'll have my eye out for 'The Spear' as well, and a reasonably priced version of 'The Haunting of Hill House' is definite maybe.

Was hoping to see an update for 'At the Mountains of Madness' - fingers crossed it's still in the pipeline somewhere.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll get Elric #6 to keep up the collection, but wow did they go up in price...and of course wanting a Dune. TED is out of my budget or I would consider. I like James Blish, but I think Delany is an aquired taste. I read Dahlgren in college and just never got into him.

Was anyone else a little underwhelmed at the Phelan collection? I don't know what exactly I was expecting, but it wasn't what it is.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not familiar with the majority of the list, so I'll just stick with Dune for now.
    My copy of Speaker for the Dead arrived a few days ago.
    Mark Twain

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post

Was anyone else a little underwhelmed at the Phelan collection? I don't know what exactly I was expecting, but it wasn't what it is.
    I'm surprised as well. He seems to be a paperback collector?

Very excited about all that is listed, except for The Haunting of Hill House, unsigned reprint. Already have the sumptuous large original CP edition, really not interested in a small unsigned copy. But who knows, once I lay eyes on them!

My Mood
    Cool

This year
    Dune
    The House Next Door
    next year
    Powers of Darkness

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast