Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: The Centipede Press Thread, Including CP: Book by Book – An Incomplete Bibliography

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Jerad asked me if I wanted the whole set or not. I said set. Why not?
    Why not? Because it's one GREAT book at $500- or 5 more (decidedly inferior) at $3K.
    How does one know the rest would be inferior? I would expect the same..not less no? And I would say the majority of collectors are OCD a bit and would want the full 'set'. Just my 2 cents.
    I think he means inferior storywise
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I was asked to be put on the list for Dune months ago and not asked to commit to the entire set. I wonder if Jerad will send an email out asking others on the list if they want to commit?
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    Why not? Because it's one GREAT book at $500- or 5 more (decidedly inferior) at $3K.
    How does one know the rest would be inferior? I would expect the same..not less no? And I would say the majority of collectors are OCD a bit and would want the full 'set'. Just my 2 cents.
    Really? I thought I heard that the one following was better but I have not read so cannot say....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Really? I thought I heard that the one following was better but I have not read so cannot say....
    its a matter of opinion I myself have read 4 of the 6 original dune books and enjoyed them all

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The first time that I read the series, I didn't like books 4-6 nearly as much as the first 3.
    However, I have found them far more enjoyable on later rereads.

Personally, I hope Jerad gives first dibs to those buying the full series.
    Mark Twain

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The fourth book which starts the second trilogy is God Emperor of Dune. That one is quite popular.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Opinions vary greatly. Some people like the first one, and hate the rest. Some people like the first three, and hate the rest. Some people like them all.

Personally, I think the books vary, but all are excellent. Dune itself is a fine novel, a masterpiece of literature. The sequels build on and overturn those ideas, making the world richer and the characters more three dimensional. I think the sequels make Dune a better book. My favorites of the series would probably be Dune Messiah and God Emperor of Dune (volumes two and four, respectively). But others find them tedious and boring. Those two volumes are more philosophical and less action packed than the others.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

Opinions vary greatly. Some people like the first one, and hate the rest. Some people like the first three, and hate the rest. Some people like them all.

Personally, I think the books vary, but all are excellent. Dune itself is a fine novel, a masterpiece of literature. The sequels build on and overturn those ideas, making the world richer and the characters more three dimensional. I think the sequels make Dune a better book. My favorites of the series would probably be Dune Messiah and God Emperor of Dune (volumes two and four, respectively). But others find them tedious and boring. Those two volumes are more philosophical and less action packed than the others.

HBJ
    Yeah, all six of them are great. My personal rankings are 1>3>5>4>6>2. The son’s books aren’t bad but they just don’t have the same “weight” to them.
    Currently looking for:
    ‘salem’s Lot (Illustrated), F/F

Future wishlist:
    Gunslinger, Grant 2nd, F/F
    DT II-IV, Grant 1st, F/F

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

I'm selling my William Hjortsberg set. I have this reserved at Camelot, so the books are already in the US. They will ship via Priority Mail with signature confirmation.

$395 with free shipping in the US.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got this e-mail:

"I just noticed a couple flaws with The Revenge of the Rose by Michael Moorcock. Does your copy have a title or slant to the book, where the back board sticks out much further than the front board? There were a lot of these, and although the bindery is fixing some of them, there are a lot that slipped through my fingers."

I think my book looks ok. Does anyone have one with these flaws? What is out much further?
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Jerad said there was an interior issue as well - and would send return postage emails to ship books back to binder
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

John F. Kennedy scottb has a spectacular aura about scottb has a spectacular aura about scottb has a spectacular aura about

If you lay the book on its spine and lay something flat across the edges of the front and back covers, you can see if there is an issue. The back cover on mine is slightly farther out. This is another example of Jerad's commitment to his customers. By the way, this series has stellar design, doesn't it? These are some of my favorite books by CP.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Yep, was very surprised to get this email as well, and the prepaid return label. Surprised because nothing really jumped out at me about the book when I got it. Inspecting the boards closely now I can see that the back board (on my copy, at least) is ever-so-slightly longer than the front. Just a tad. It's not a big deal at all really- would've never noticed unless closely inspected- and if it were just that, I wouldn't bother sending it back. But, it's the unnamed "interior issue" that is goosing me to do so. Wonder what that could be? I really can't find anything. Jerad seems concerned enough to email everyone who bought a copy and ask for them back to fix, so- I'll do it, gladly. Indeed- his commitment to getting the book perfect is remarkable. It's certainly got to be a considerable extra expense to him to do so.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the answers. I don't really think my back board is worth getting exchanged. It looks pretty flat when I put a CC across (good idea). Spine looks good, no slant.

But I may be missing something about an interior problem?

Here's my whole message:

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Good morning!

I just noticed a couple flaws with The Revenge of the Rose by Michael Moorcock. Does your copy have a title or slant to the book, where the back board sticks out much further than the front board? There were a lot of these, and although the bindery is fixing some of them, there are a lot that slipped through my fingers.

Can I send you a postage paid label on Monday? The book will come to me, and I will send the group of them to the bindery for repair. They will be in good hands!
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Just received Something Wicked This Way Comes and it's a beauty.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

just to update the prior posts. you could probably easily tell if you had the Elric issue. On my copy one board was markedly longer. i sent it back and it is getting fixed
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about

If anyone is interested, I am going to have to sell my copy of Something Wicked. Signed and numbered, still sealed in shrink wrap. $1000.00 PayPal F&F.

John F. Kennedy scottb has a spectacular aura about scottb has a spectacular aura about scottb has a spectacular aura about

This probably isn't the right place to post this. If there is a better spot, please direct me. I'm new to this site.

I'm looking for a Centipede Press Ender's Game. Does anyone have one they'd be willing to sell or know any dealers that might be able to help me find one? My search so far has been limited to Ebay and Biblio.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Camelot has a couple on consignment. A bit pricey IMHO.

https://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/enders-game1
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Thanks! Yes, that does seem a bit pricey. It's one of those deals where I knew it would be significantly above published price and one of those deals where I'm wondering why I didn't buy it from CP in the first place.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When will DUNE be published you all think?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Traveler woland is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Jerad in his last newsletter said end of February. So probably March or April .

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Both copies of Ender's Game that Camelot had listed are now marked as sold.
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger Apprentice GypsyDRB will become famous soon enough GypsyDRB will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amazed

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post

Wow! That's impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyDRB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post

Wow! That's impressive.
    I've never bought a book thinking to profit from it but the thought did cross my mind that you could probably flip these for an easy profit once the next Enders books are released by Centipede. Jerad is asking for numbers so it must be in the relatively near future. In the end, I'm a book fan, not a trader and that price was way too much for that book for me. I've been fortunate that some of the books I've purchased have gone up in value and it's getting harder to justify keeping them when they are that much more valuable to someone else. Especially, when that value most likely won't stay high forever.

Like this-- weren't these published at $75 per book? If anyone wants to reserve my complete set for $500 per book, I'm all ears.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fafhrd-and-...YAAOSwvEZgA5IP

EDIT: and it sold soon after I posted this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast