Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: The Centipede Press Thread, Including CP: Book by Book – An Incomplete Bibliography

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Thanks for this quick (for you! ) breakdown of this series, Lotuz- very helpful. I have quite a few of these in paperback (jeez, even remember ending up with 2 EXORCIST's at some point and put one in the "go-to-bookstore-for-cheap" box awhile back), and only have THE HOWLING in HC, as that is a favorite. I sold my SALEM'S LOT PB a bit ago for 3 times what I paid for it- because Jerad had mentioned last year that he was doing an updated edition. I sincerely hope that does happen. You never know with Jerad!

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This reminds me, I have a paperback copy of the studies-in-horror for The Shining that I'm happy to send onward for the cost of shipping (U.S. address preferred). Barely perused, it'll just sit in my TBR pile forever. First PM dibs gets it.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interetesd
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Last week in his newsletter, Jerad announced that he was going to take pre-orders for the Falling Angel set this weekend. He offered to give those who asked an advance preorder period on Saturday before the set was available to everyone in Sunday's newsletter. I took Jerad up on the offer and I got the link yesterday and I ordered the set even though we are in end times.

Well those who subscribe just got today's newsletter and you can see something interesting on the order page. These two bullets:
    • Limited to 500 copies, each signed by Ricardo Martinez and Alessandro Boni, a William Hjortsberg facsimile signature, and various demons and devils.
    • A letter from Stephen King.

Now in the first bullet, Jerad is being coy about who is signing. And immediately after he mentions King. In the newsletter, Jerad also states:
    This set will occupy a place of high honor on your shelves.

So my question--do you think King is signing? And how would everyone react if King was signing a book and it wasn't stated explicitly on the order page? Why would Jerad say that "various demons and devils" were signing and not mention them? It just all struck me as very odd. I was going to buy this set anyway so King's signature is not a factor in my purchase.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Last week in his newsletter, Jerad announced that he was going to take pre-orders for the Falling Angel set this weekend. He offered to give those who asked an advance preorder period on Saturday before the set was available to everyone in Sunday's newsletter. I took Jerad up on the offer and I got the link yesterday and I ordered the set even though we are in end times.

Well those who subscribe just got today's newsletter and you can see something interesting on the order page. These two bullets:
    • Limited to 500 copies, each signed by Ricardo Martinez and Alessandro Boni, a William Hjortsberg facsimile signature, and various demons and devils.
    • A letter from Stephen King.

Now in the first bullet, Jerad is being coy about who is signing. And immediately after he mentions King. In the newsletter, Jerad also states:
    This set will occupy a place of high honor on your shelves.

So my question--do you think King is signing? And how would everyone react if King was signing a book and it wasn't stated explicitly on the order page? Why would Jerad say that "various demons and devils" were signing and not mention them? It just all struck me as very odd. I was going to buy this set anyway so King's signature is not a factor in my purchase.
    I think you’re reading way too much into that bullet copy, Jeff. I didn’t read it as being coy at all, nor is King signing...it’s exactly what it purports to be, as the signature page of the demons and devils is shown in the pictures. It looks like just a fun little addition, nothing more, just one of the cool bells and whistles that Centipede is known for.

And, yes, I picked up a set, too. :-)

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Ah Hahahaha ok! BUT WHAT IF RON???!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Couldn't that be the same King letter in CPs 2006 Falling Angel release?

Edit. Oh and I'm kicking myself for not getting the newsletter to order this set.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post

Edit. Oh and I'm kicking myself for not getting the newsletter to order this set.
    Still available.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

The bigger mystery in my mind is why I just bought a third (!) hardcover of this (fantastic) book when one obviously would’ve done the trick. Ah well, can’t wait to read the second volume, the sequel...that alone was nearly worth the entry fee.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post

The bigger mystery in my mind is why I just bought a third (!) hardcover of this (fantastic) book when one obviously would’ve done the trick. Ah well, can’t wait to read the second volume, the sequel...that alone was nearly worth the entry fee.
    No doubt! Has Centipede ever published original novel-length fiction before?

I’m among the lucky ones who missed the other editions including the Millipede Press one.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

You jerks!
    You made me buy one too!
    I mean you made me buy two!
    It's a set, see? 2 books for the price of 2 books.
    Now I have another PayPal debt to pay off in 6 months!
    You jerks!

Spoiler:
    By the way, thanks for the heads up.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    You jerks!
    You made me buy one too!
    I mean you made me buy two!
    It's a set, see? 2 books for the price of 2 books.
    Now I have another PayPal debt to pay off in 6 months!
    You jerks!

Spoiler:
    By the way, thanks for the heads up.
    ENABLERS INCORPORATED

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

IMO, it can only be that same "Letter to Thomas Stewart from Stephen King” (1978) that was reproduced in the 2006 edition.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    2 books for the price of 2 books.
    It’s a steal of a deal even at twice the price…wait a minute, that would be four books…ah heck, I can’t do math this early. So I’ll just say, Wise choice. :-)

And, Jeff, I believe you’re right…I can’t think of another instance where Centipede has published original, full-length novel work. That, too, makes this a pretty special offering.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I resisted. But it was hard. Great price for a two book set - one of them never published.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post

Same (delightful) boat, here. At least I think we can confidently assume that this new edition of FALLING ANGEL will be the best yet. Probably by a wide margin from the samples shown (man, I'm a sucker for embedded illustrations, and these look like they fit the vibe of the book perfectly. When Jerad is passionate about a book, and really lets his design muscles flex- there's nobody better, at least in the horror/fantasy small press). This should be another home run.

I am also glad to see the limitation up there for this. Yes, that means it won't skyrocket aftermarket, but it does mean that a lot of folks should be able to get a set, relatively "cheap", even if they have to do layaway at Camelot. I prefer that, as my motto is, as always "Beautiful books for everyone who wants them".

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was finally able to click and buy the Falling Angel set when there was only 20 sets left. Since I already have the CD out of print grab bag on that 6 month Paypal payoff and the upcoming Suntup book coming up I said screw it and just paid the $225.

Country
    Country Flag

I was finally able to click and buy the Falling Angel set when there was only 20 sets left. Since I already have the CD out of print grab bag on that 6 month Paypal payoff and the upcoming Suntup book coming up I said screw it and just paid the $225.
    Was that the Grab bag that featured the Stephen King item?

I am glad Jerad released this book now. I’ll have a a week and a half before the Suntup purchase. And then who knows?

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think this is going to be a great set!!

I was also intrigued by the "various demons and devils" comment... and while I don't think it's King I'm very curious if there are some other signatures in there...

And I think the chapter headers are VERY COOL!!!! If that's what he meant by "demons and devils" I'm happy, though I will say I didn't put the two together. But the first thing I thought today when seeing the spreads in the newsletter was how it was super neat to include those pictures in the text block. And that meant a lot of extra design time, too!

Last note - I believe there were two earlier novels that were first published by CP: Deadfall Hotel by Steve Rasnick Tem (2011) and Alice Walks by Michael Aronovitz (2013). This title definitely beats them in prestige, though - an unpublished sequel to a memorable novel from 40 years ago! Will be reading this one for sure

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I am glad Jerad released this book now. I’ll have a a week and a half before the Suntup purchase. And then who knows?

Why yes it was. I had to take the chance.

Country
    Country Flag

Why yes it was. I had to take the chance.
    Well good luck. I hope it’s something exceptional.

My Mood
    Relaxed

How do you know that there are (were?) "only 20 sets left"?

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

It says so right on the CP homepage.

Country
    Country Flag

Well now there are none left.

My Mood
    Relaxed

Wow. I am really shocked that 500 sets sold that quickly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast