Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: The Centipede Press Thread, Including CP: Book by Book – An Incomplete Bibliography

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Didnt get that newsletter, so I guess it was sent to vip customers?
    It's in the standard Sunday Centipede Press newsletter.
    I believe i was registered to that newsletter (although I may check to be sure) but didnt get that email
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyway, here is the link and details :

http://www.centipedepress.com/horror...kpreorder.html
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Happy to see Jerad receive an opportunity to publish another SK limited 18 years after his first!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This one is a nice surprise.
    Hopefully he will be able to do the rest of the Bachman books as well.
    Rage will be the challenge and Jerad said as much when I asked about doing the whole series yesterday.

I can only hope. Stephen King keeps Rage out of print I hear.
    Mark Twain

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't see Rage happening and I think it might piss King off to even ask.

It would also be a bit of a PR nightmare for King if he did agree especially since King is big on gun control. Political vultures would present him as being a money grubbing hypocrite; "King, who took Rage out of print because of its possible relation to real school shootings, is now rereleasing the book as a deluxe limited signed edition. King still wants to take away your AR-15s." It would be like throwing red meat to a pack of wolves.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    From Jerad's newsletter today:
    "And do I need to say it? Please do not post or share the order link anywhere, at least not through today!"

son-of-a... i dont check my computer for one day. one day! and a Sunday, no less!
    looks like its going to be a nice edition.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I don't see Rage happening and I think it might piss King off to even ask.

It would also be a bit of a PR nightmare for King if he did agree especially since King is big on gun control. The Fox News crowd would present him as being a money grubbing hypocrite; "King, who took Rage out of print because of its possible relation to real school shootings, is now rereleasing the book as a deluxe limited signed edition. King still wants to take away your AR-15s." It would be like throwing red meat to a pack of wolves.
    That would be a perfectly valid criticism, but it could come from anyone. King himself said that is exactly why he pulled the book out of print. It is a stupid reason but hold him accountable for his actions for once instead of others. Not sure why there is a need to bait a political discussion.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a bit ironic given some of your past comments about King, but no, I am not looking for for a political debate. Just pointing out that for obvious reasons why King would be mistaken to allow a limited edition rerelease. But whatever I edited to post to just say 'political vultures'.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

1900 copies. Nice Jared.

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

I'll have to pass. $70 shipping to the UK. I recently sent a more expensive book from the UK to the US, tracked and fully insured for $30. Somebody is making a healthy profit here.

Country
    Country Flag

But... is it really?
    This kind of shipping from the US to Europe do not surprises me. And the UK is not in Europe anymore

As a comparison, Suntup offers me 72 usd for shipping 1 copy of "Hannibal rising" via Fedex 4 days international economy. (They do have a cheaper option though : Global Consolidated Discounted Rate - 30-60 Days : $39.00)

Do we know how quick is the Centipede Press delivery?

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

Wow, the UK isn't in Europe anymore? Which continent has it been moved to?

Country
    Country Flag

Well... brexit?

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Well... brexit?
    What difference would that make to shipping from USA?

Country
    Country Flag

Not saying it's necessarily the case, but transport companies could have higher fees which impacts their prices

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Happy to see Jerad receive an opportunity to publish another SK limited 18 years after his first!
    Somehow I completely missed the significance of this.

I'd suspected that King's public Salem's Lot about-face and rejection of The Shining had permanently discouraged Jerad from barking up that tree (I certainly would've abandoned the idea); I wonder how this came about.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I wonder how this came about.
    Perseverance!

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sold
    Dune Centipede Press
    unsigned F/F
    $775 shipped (U.S. only)
    F&f or add 3% g&s

ISO: (1sts f/f) perfect: Bazaar, Different Seasons, Mr. Mercedes, Tommyknockers (gold), Rose Madder
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Country
    Country Flag

CBV have an interview with Jerad : https://www.collectiblebookvault.com...he-press-vol-7

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks for that link Jeremy!
    I think I have just one of the books pictured in the interview!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nice interview (thanks for posting).
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Gunslinger Apprentice TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough

I'm local to Jerad and was able to visit him a year or so ago. I really wanted to interview the man - he's such an interesting individual. Plus he has a REMARKABLE collection of Centipede books and it was overwhelming trying to look at them all and not lose your mind.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

He is a great guy.
    Just like the interview says, he always answers e-mails and is always friendly and informative, never a cross word and his enthusiasm for all things comes through.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Good to see Jared receiving some well-deserved recognition.

THE LONG WALK unsigned books have started shipping, but not all of them.
    Jerad says the rest will start going out Tuesday.
    I did NOT get a shipping notice but he says don't worry.

I'll worry anyway, but just a little!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast