Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: The Centipede Press Thread, Including CP: Book by Book – An Incomplete Bibliography

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    anyone have a signed one to sell?
    Looks like sub press sold their 2 copies for $3K a piece.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    anyone have a signed one to sell?
    Looks like sub press sold their 2 copies for $3K a piece.
    I’m aware they had those. EBay had one auction at 2300 last week. That’s where I’m at or less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a huge book! Very beautiful, but I have a feeling that the material the slipcase is made from is going to be tricky to keep in good condition. It does not like to be touched.

Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sold copies:

12/20 $3000 SubPress (x2)
    12/17 $2800 eBay
    12/17 $2325 eBay
    12/16 $3100 eBay
    12/16 $2800 eBay
    12/14 $3100-3200 BO eBay
    12/12 $3850 eBay Badmoon Books
    12/11 $3700 eBay Badmoon Books
    12/10 $2550 eBay
    12/9 $3050.72 eBay
    12/9 $2800-3000 eBay BO
    12/9 $3201 eBay Webstar

One copy with 17 bids, currently at $2000 with almost three days to go.
    Mark Twain

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    What a huge book! Very beautiful, but I have a feeling that the material the slipcase is made from is going to be tricky to keep in good condition. It does not like to be touched.

Looks good, Lurker.
    Hoping I will have mine this week.
    Mark Twain

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Lurker,
    that does look massive. I can't wait to get mine. Not sure if iy will be this week though. And those sold prices look pretty good to mr.
    Even though at this point, I have no intentions of selling..

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got my "label created" notice last Thursady and it was here Monday. Colorado to Texas. But the box was seriously beat-up.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Mine is in the "Departed USPS Regional Facility December 20, 2021, 09:01 PM, DENVER CO DISTRIBUTION CENTER" phase, so we shall see.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I got my "label created" notice last Thursady and it was here Monday. Colorado to Texas. But the box was seriously beat-up.
    Mine's scheduled to arrive tomorrow...sure hoping mine'll avoid the shipping damage you and Jeff experienced.

My Mood
    Cool

mine is expected Thurs the 23rd.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

pretty dang cool to be getting DUNE for Christmas!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    pretty dang cool to be getting DUNE for Christmas!
    Yes!
    I think I will have 14 or 15 different editions of Dune once this one arrives.
    Mark Twain

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Mine's scheduled to arrive tomorrow...sure hoping mine'll avoid the shipping damage you and Jeff experienced.
    Well, as in turned out, my shipping box had even worse damage that I recall Jeff's box having, but fortunately my slipcase escaped the same fate (whew!). Everything looks as pristine as it did when it left Jerad's hands.

And the book itself...good lord, but it's a gorgeous production. I haven't had an opportunity yet to just sit down with it and really look it over thoroughly, but a quick flip-through makes it very apparent that the years of effort Centipede put into its design and production were well worth it. This rivals Centipede's SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES as arguably the most beautiful book they've ever produced. Just amazing.

My Mood
    Cool

Well, as in turned out, my shipping box had even worse damage that I recall Jeff's box having, but fortunately my slipcase escaped the same fate (whew!). Everything looks as pristine as it did when it left Jerad's hands.

And the book itself...good lord, but it's a gorgeous production. I haven't had an opportunity yet to just sit down with it and really look it over thoroughly, but a quick flip-through makes it very apparent that the years of effort Centipede put into its design and production were well worth it. This rivals Centipede's SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES as arguably the most beautiful book they've ever produced. Just amazing.
    Boy, am I really excited for tomorrow now. If it rivals SWTWC, well, that's quite a feat. That is one fine limited. I wonder how the other 4 will be.

Country
    Country Flag

Jerad has been going on so much about D and D lately that I sent him this (of course extolling Dune). Used to love painting them - but now just taking up space!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My copy of Dune arrived today and was worth the wait. I'm going to have to rearrange the Dune shelves in my bookcase!

No shipping damage at all, but I do have an issue with some pages in the middle looking like they have water damage.
    Sent Jerad an email, so hopefully it's replaceable.
    Mark Twain

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerad has been going on so much about D and D lately that I sent him this (of course extolling Dune). Used to love painting them - but now just taking up space!

oh my! That green slime is red!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone is looking for Dune with rights… I was just offered one to sell PM ME

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

I forgot to mention that I got mine. I love it, and I can't wait to get the books in the series. One of the best I have seen.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

When I first received my copy of Dune from Centipede it had what appeared to be water damage to a segment of the page block. Jerad had me ship to the binder for repairs.
    It came back today.

The front cover is now curved enough that the middle is more than 1/8" above the page block and only touches at the edge of the page. (If I lay the book front cover down, it's curved enough that I can rock the book back and forth).

The first image shows the top of the binding. It' loose and looks like it may not have been glued down all the way behind the ribbon. Also some damage to the top stain occurred.

Does anyone else have creases in the gutter like those that can be seen in photos 3-4?
    Didn't have those before the repair. They run from the endpaper up to the first page of the actual story.

My Dune collection is by far my favorite part of my book collection so maybe I'm just frustrated right now and over reacting. Did I just trade one issue for another?
    When I pay almost $700 for a book, I expect it not to have any flaws.

Are these enough to hurt its value in the long run? I'm in for the full series, so this is the first part a very expensive addition to my collection

Images
    Mark Twain

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    When I first received my copy of Dune from Centipede it had what appeared to be water damage to a segment of the page block. Jerad had me ship to the binder for repairs.
    It came back today.

The front cover is now curved enough that the middle is more than 1/8" above the page block and only touches at the edge of the page. (If I lay the book front cover down, it's curved enough that I can rock the book back and forth).

The first image shows the top of the binding. It' loose and looks like it may not have been glued down all the way behind the ribbon. Also some damage to the top stain occurred.

Does anyone else have creases in the gutter like those that can be seen in photos 3-4?
    Didn't have those before the repair. They run from the endpaper up to the first page of the actual story.

My Dune collection is by far my favorite part of my book collection so maybe I'm just frustrated right now and over reacting. Did I just trade one issue for another?

Are these enough to hurt its value in the long run? I'm in for the full series, so this is the first part a very expensive addition to my collection

Images
    Oh Hell No! Would I put up with that for a $700 book.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    It came back today.

Images
    RETURN IT.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It looks quite ugly, IMO, for a 700usd book
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I tend to agree with those saying to return it. These are flaws that would bother me (ie. I would not pay market price for a copy that had them, if I bought it at all) as a collector.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I sent Jerad and email, so I'm sure he will take care of it for me. He's good like that.
    Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast