Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The Centipede Press Thread, Including CP: Book by Book – An Incomplete Bibliography

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

For me, bribery, graft and intimidation are always options to explore.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    For me, bribery, graft and intimidation are always options to explore.
    If it comes to it, I am down with all that stuff also. But I would rather buy it directly from CP.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I had to send Jerad an email to get on the super secret mailing list after I almost missed the Falling Angel set by not being on the list.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    Anyone know what the status is on Dune? have the pre-orders gone out yet? Also I'm in search of the Centipede Press Ender's game if anyone is selling it
    The updated project timeline that he sent out in late April said this:

Dune by Frank Herbert.
    This one has been delayed a bit because I needed to reprint the color section. That will take a little longer. Looking at August now.
    Mark Twain

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Ok, so I have know, until 2022 to figure out how to order a book from them before they sell out. I wanted The Woman in Black but I did not know when it was on sale. First it was on it's way, then it was sold out.
    I did not even have a chance. So, I have about a year and half to figure it out.
    Here's what he wrote in November:

Dune is finally, finally, finally! heading to the printer next week. Preflight, color checks, galley checks, etc., will take some time. But we are good to go! So if you can let me know that you want me to reserve a copy.
    It would also be good to know if you’re willing to settle for an unsigned copy should all of the signed ones sell out. And, finally, it is very important to know if you will be wanting the remaining books in the series (which will take some time to publish; they definitely won’t be coming all at once), or if you just want the first Dune.
    Anyway, if you can let me know this week on this information, that would be ideal. It won’t be much longer. Remember, we are not taking pre-orders on this title just yet, nor is there any anticipated date to do so, although I can say late January or early to mid February would be the earliest; so, well after the holidays.

Couldn't hurt to send him an e-mail.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I sent him an email, now that I know how things work. It was just that kind of email, but in it I mentioned Dune and Dracula (Couldn't hurt). So I will see what kind of reply I get.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the full schedule that Jerad released in his April 26, 2020 newsletter:
    (Last updated July 6, 2020)

2020-2021 schedule

Here is a list of some of the titles that are coming out between now and Fall 2021. As you know by now, this list is highly susceptible to change! We are not taking pre-orders on any of these, or taking advance notifications, but we will definitely let you know as soon as we are doing that.

Masters of the Weird Tale by Ramsey Campbell.
    Two volume set. This one needs slipcases yet. Plus there are about a dozen color illustrations that need to be tipped into the book.

Falling Angel and Angel’s Inferno by William Hjortsberg.
    These books are getting stained and then need to go out for slipcase making. Still a little ways off. Hopefully July. [July 5 update: still schedule to start shipping out near the end of July]

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury.
    We are hoping for end of May. But the signature pages are being held up due to the pandemic. However, everything else is going steadily through the bindery. The two-color letterpress printed illustrations by Vladimir Zimakov look magnificent. [July 5 update: should be done by mid August]

Speaker for the Dead and Ender’s Way by Orson Scott Card.
    These books are still in printing and in bindery. They go out for custom capped slipcased when they are done. August. [July 5 update: probably late August or September]

Dune by Frank Herbert.
    This one has been delayed a bit because I needed to reprint the color section. That will take a little longer. Looking at August now. [July 5 update: definitely (definitely?) October]

The Punktown Trilogy by Jonathan Thomas.
    Three volume set, heavily illustrated.
    Early November. [July 5 update: Our massive three volume collection of Punktown stories has also been returned to us in galleys.]

Nifft the Lean by Michael Shea.
    Galley stage. Probably November. [July 5 update: on press]

Live Girls by Ray Garton.
    December maybe. Also in galleys. [July 5 update: on press]

A Case of Conscience by James Blish.
    This is book one of the After Such Knowledge quartet (including Doctor Mirabilis, Black Easter, and The Day After Judgment). Galley stage. Probably November. [July 5 update: in galley stage]

The Revenge of the Rose (Elric volume 5) by Michael Moorcock.
    Hopefully December or next January. The printer is undergoing some delays on this due to the pandemic. [July 5 update: Volume 5 of Elric, The Revenge of the Rose, is at the printer as well.]

Children of the Kingdom by Ted Klein.
    Hopefully this fall.

And the following titles are in production but with no confirmed print dates as yet. These are all very, very close to being finished and submitted to the printer. All of these will probably be 2021 releases.

Blue Octavo by John Blackburn. [July 5 update: in galley stage]
    A Beastly Business by John Blackburn. [July 5 update: in galley stage]
    Dune Messiah by Frank Herbert.
    Devil Take the Blue-Tail Fly by John Franklin Bardin. [July 5 update: has just been submitted to the printer]
    The Last of Philip Banter by John Franklin Bardin. [July 5 update: has just been submitted to the printer]
    The Gas by Charles Platt.
    Masters of Science Fiction by Jack Dann.
    Library of Weird Fiction by Ambrose Bierce.
    Waltz Into Darkness by Cornell Woolrich. [July 5 update: close-to-galleys stage]
    Short Stories volume 3 by Cornell Woolrich. [July 5 update: close-to-galleys stage]
    Masters of the Weird Tale by Stefan Grabinski.
    Masters of the Weird Tale by Charles L. Grant.
    I’ll See You In Hell by John McPartland. [July 5 update: has just been submitted to the printer]
    The Swords of Lankhmar by Fritz Leiber.
    Weird Fiction Review #11 in December.
    Stormbringer by Michael Moorcock.
    Stefan Grabinski Masters of the Weird Tale [July 5 update: to the printer in early August]
    Dr. Futurity by Philip K. Dick [July 5 update: in galley stage]
    The Cosmic Puppets, by Philip K. Dick [July 5 update: in galley stage]
    Vulcan’s Hammer by Philip K. Dick [July 5 update: in galley stage]

As usual, I am sure that I have forgotten something.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Cool

Most of those are probably sold out. It's too bad I did not know how the operation worked before hand. But maybe going forward I will be lucky and have a chance at some.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Most of those are probably sold out. It's too bad I did not know how the operation worked before hand. But maybe going forward I will be lucky and have a chance at some.
    Centipede does not open ordering until books are ready to ship

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Centipede does not open ordering until books are ready to ship
    Correct, but it's very important to get added to the early announcement emails, lest it sells out!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frondz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    So while I think of myself as somewhat up-to-speed on values for Centipede releases, I came across an oddity last night, one I'd forgotten I have until an influx of books made me reshuffle a number of my shelves to make them all fit. I found this oddity tucked away; I hadn't seen it in years, and completely forgot I had it. I'm wondering what others might estimate its value.

For lack of a better description, it's an early production piece for THE MONK. It's an unbound but complete (I think...?) page block of perhaps 1.5" thick...that is, it's bound by glue and what looks to be stitching, but there are no boards. It's untrimmed, so some of the pages are uncut at the top and thus are stuck together with their neighboring page(s), and the color indicators for the machination (the correct term is escaping in this late hour) are visible on many of the outer edges of the page sides. It's fully illustrated in color, and quite lovely. I think what it is a complete (again, I think...?) page block that only needed to be trimmed and bound to be called a book, but it's just shy of that label. It's in Fine shape, for what it is.

I'm lost on the value of such a thing...obviously, it would appeal primarily to Centipede completists -- and perhaps have an immense lure for them -- but presumably have little appeal elsewhere. I don't collect such things (though thumbing through it I wish I hadn't passed on the book proper, as it's a beautiful production), so am toying with the idea of throwing it up on eBay...anybody have any idea what such a thing (perhaps the only such existing example of an early THE MONK production piece) should demand?
    Interesting piece for sure. I'd rather the Centipede experts chime in, but since no one has yet, I'll give it a shot. First, does it have a signature sheet bound in? I'm guessing it would align with its published counterpart, but maybe slightly less due to a more limited interest as you stated. In other words, with a signature sheet, maybe $250-300, and without, maybe $200. JUST a wild guess based on limited knowledge of Centipede collectibles. But, I do know a bit about proofs and pre-publication copies. Care to throw up some pictures? Would be interesting to see for everyone, I think.
    Okay, here are some pics...any thoughts appreciated.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frondz View Post
    So while I think of myself as somewhat up-to-speed on values for Centipede releases, I came across an oddity last night, one I'd forgotten I have until an influx of books made me reshuffle a number of my shelves to make them all fit. I found this oddity tucked away; I hadn't seen it in years, and completely forgot I had it. I'm wondering what others might estimate its value.

For lack of a better description, it's an early production piece for THE MONK. It's an unbound but complete (I think...?) page block of perhaps 1.5" thick...that is, it's bound by glue and what looks to be stitching, but there are no boards. It's untrimmed, so some of the pages are uncut at the top and thus are stuck together with their neighboring page(s), and the color indicators for the machination (the correct term is escaping in this late hour) are visible on many of the outer edges of the page sides. It's fully illustrated in color, and quite lovely. I think what it is a complete (again, I think...?) page block that only needed to be trimmed and bound to be called a book, but it's just shy of that label. It's in Fine shape, for what it is.

I'm lost on the value of such a thing...obviously, it would appeal primarily to Centipede completists -- and perhaps have an immense lure for them -- but presumably have little appeal elsewhere. I don't collect such things (though thumbing through it I wish I hadn't passed on the book proper, as it's a beautiful production), so am toying with the idea of throwing it up on eBay...anybody have any idea what such a thing (perhaps the only such existing example of an early THE MONK production piece) should demand?
    Interesting piece for sure. I'd rather the Centipede experts chime in, but since no one has yet, I'll give it a shot. First, does it have a signature sheet bound in? I'm guessing it would align with its published counterpart, but maybe slightly less due to a more limited interest as you stated. In other words, with a signature sheet, maybe $250-300, and without, maybe $200. JUST a wild guess based on limited knowledge of Centipede collectibles. But, I do know a bit about proofs and pre-publication copies. Care to throw up some pictures? Would be interesting to see for everyone, I think.
    Okay, here are some pics...any thoughts appreciated.
    I used to have a CP Salems' Lot book block exactly like that. (Sold it to Jhanic years ago.)
    They are interesting, but it may be one of those vague "market value" items.
    If it's a popular, high demand book, it may command a high price by someone looking to have a custom binding made for it, but probably not more than what a finished edition is selling for.
    Mark Twain

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I used to have a CP Salems' Lot book block exactly like that. (Sold it to Jhanic years ago.)
    If it's a popular, high demand book, it may command a high price by someone looking to have a custom binding made for it, but probably not more than what a finished edition is selling for.
    Thanks, I think you're right that it's probably too vague and obscure an item to guess market value. I'll probably just throw it up here for sale, or on eBay, and see what happens. It's a beautiful production within (and makes me wish I'd opted to snag a copy of CP's THE MONK), but I just don't collect early production material, not even ARCs...gotta draw the line somewhere. ;-)

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Thanks, I think you're right that it's probably too vague and obscure an item to guess market value. I'll probably just throw it up here for sale, or on eBay, and see what happens. It's a beautiful production within (and makes me wish I'd opted to snag a copy of CP's THE MONK), but I just don't collect early production material, not even ARCs...gotta draw the line somewhere. ;-)
    I actually have one of these (I'd have to check my old emails but I think when I got mine Jerad said there were a "couple" so maybe ours are the only ones) or I would be on this in a second.

I think Frondz is pretty spot-on. FWIW, as the type of person that collects this stuff, if I didn't have this, I'd buy immediately at anything less than $200, would hesitate a little but then buy it at $200, would hesitate more but still maybe get it at $250, and would probably pass at $300 (or try to make an offer to the seller). Having the limitation page would probably up this slightly but it's not an author-signed limitation page so is less important. Just my $0.02!

Thanks, lotuz, given your Centipede expertise, I was hoping you’d chime in. That’s all good info, and gives me a good ballpark range...much appreciated.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Updated the release schedule here

These definitely won’t be getting all done at once, but a more reliable schedule on all of these is just not yet possible. Keep a look out in future Sunday newsletters for more information on when we will be taking advance sign-ups and advance orders.
    Mark Twain

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I want at least two, possibly three, of those.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about

Hello all. I’m new to this forum as I’m fairly new to reading and collecting King, but I’ve been a Centipede customer for several years. I’ve been trying to track down a copy of Swords and Deviltry as I somehow missed that book upon its release. If anyone has one they wouldn’t mind parting with, please let me know. Standard version, unsigned is fine. Thank you all for any help you may offer.

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JGeis View Post
    Hello all. I’m new to this forum as I’m fairly new to reading and collecting King, but I’ve been a Centipede customer for several years. I’ve been trying to track down a copy of Swords and Deviltry as I somehow missed that book upon its release. If anyone has one they wouldn’t mind parting with, please let me know. Standard version, unsigned is fine. Thank you all for any help you may offer.
    Jerad had mentioned the possibility of doing another run of Swords and Deviltry if there was enough interest. I'd recommend reaching out to him to help show interest! :-)

Gunslinger Apprentice JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about

Hi Splync, thanks for your reply. I’ve actually spoken with Jerad about that very thing on several occasions. I think by now he’s tired of me asking if it’s going to happen or not!

So, who’s excited for MotWT Ramsey Campbell? Anyone who owns many of the previous volumes of MotWT care to comment on the quality of the productions or how they may have changed over time? This will be my first time picking up a book in this series.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Did any of you receive a newsletter today? Last week, I got mine on Monday instead of Sunday. Am I alone in this?

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Did any of you receive a newsletter today? Last week, I got mine on Monday instead of Sunday. Am I alone in this?
    I got mine today. And I don’t think I’ve ever gotten it on a Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, who’s excited for MotWT Ramsey Campbell? Anyone who owns many of the previous volumes of MotWT care to comment on the quality of the productions or how they may have changed over time? This will be my first time picking up a book in this series.
    They are, as you would expect, very nice books! There have been two changes in the production of these volumes over time. First, starting with the Jacobi volume in 2014, dustjackets became a standard part of the production. This was not unique to the MWT books but a general shift in production around that time. Second, starting with the MWT: Leiber in 2016, the largest volumes were split into two books instead of one enormous production. Some of the earlier books (Blackwood, Lovecraft, Hodgson, Long, etc.) were really large and unwieldy and while they look very nice and substantial on a shelf, they're somewhat too large to read comfortably. I think this was a great choice - these collections are fantastic reading volumes, and almost always represent the most complete collection of an author's non-novel output. I would guess that the MWT are some of the most read CP books and so the choice to split the larger tomes into two volumes is very nice. I'll end with my general comment that I've made with several new releases: if you are on the fence about a CP purchase, do yourself a favor and hop over. You will probably love the book and if you don't you will have no problem getting your money back on the secondary market.

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    They are, as you would expect, very nice books! There have been two changes in the production of these volumes over time. First, starting with the Jacobi volume in 2014, dustjackets became a standard part of the production. This was not unique to the MWT books but a general shift in production around that time. Second, starting with the MWT: Leiber in 2016, the largest volumes were split into two books instead of one enormous production. Some of the earlier books (Blackwood, Lovecraft, Hodgson, Long, etc.) were really large and unwieldy and while they look very nice and substantial on a shelf, they're somewhat too large to read comfortably. I think this was a great choice - these collections are fantastic reading volumes, and almost always represent the most complete collection of an author's non-novel output. I would guess that the MWT are some of the most read CP books and so the choice to split the larger tomes into two volumes is very nice. I'll end with my general comment that I've made with several new releases: if you are on the fence about a CP purchase, do yourself a favor and hop over. You will probably love the book and if you don't you will have no problem getting your money back on the secondary market.

Thanks for the quick rundown! I own somewhere between 30 and 40 CP books right now but I’ve never had a MWT thus far. This looks to be a good one to start with. I think there’s a Clark Ashton Smith coming in the next few years so I’ll be super excited for that one too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast