Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap!!!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default 2018 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap!!!

The season begins THURSDAY, September 6, 2018. NO late registration!!!!

How to Play

1. It’s simple. Click on the following link and it should take you to the ESPN pigskin pickem site. If you don’t have an ESPN profile, you will have to set one up. Trust me, it’s worth it!!!! If you joined in on the other ESPN contests earlier this year, that profile will work. In fact, as a bonus to joining us in the Pigskin picks, you’ll be able to easily compete in other contests such as March Madness and College Bowl Mania.

http://fantasy.espn.com/nfl-pigskin-...p?groupID=2043

Password: roland (all lower case) - please do not share this with non-members of this site.

If you have questions about how to set things up in our group, post your questions and the community of folks here will try and help you out.

2. The contest will begin with the first regular season game in Week 1. Only one entry per person in our group and it must be identifiable to me as a member on this board or you can PM me with your ESPN handle. Once the season has started the group is locked. This means that any latecomers will not be able to join (sorry about that!), so please get in early. Picks for week 1 can actually be made now!

3. The contest will end at the conclusion of the regular season.

4. At the end of the regular season, whoever has the best Win/Loss record wins the coveted First Place trophy. We also award trophies for Second, Third, and a (much sought after, one of a kind, not available in any other contest) Last Place Trophy**

**In order to qualify for last place, you need to pick every week, however, If you mistakenly miss picking one or two games (i.e. a Thursday or Saturday game), we can do the math and, with penalties, make adjustments. To be safe, just be sure to get IN THE GAME each week and make your picks early!!!!

Last year's trophies:

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like trophies! I am currently tied for 1st place!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, you can make picks for ALL the weeks today. That's usally what I do, then review them each week to see if I still would stand by the blind guesses I made in August. Usually, that is a big negatory.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I like that you can make picks far enough in advance to compensate for vacations, etc.

Either way, I'll continue to suck.

Country
    Country Flag

I've got my picks in for the first 2 weeks only this time, because I can't figure out most of these teams lol

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to try NOT to miss Thursday picks this year!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post

I resolve to make picks while sober.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Glad to see everyone getting in! FIRST GAME IS TONIGHT!!!
    THE GROUP WILL BE LOCKED FOR THE SEASON!!!!

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I resolve to make picks while sober.
    Thats half the fun! Maybe even three quarters!
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Country
    Country Flag

If last night's game is any indication of the season, I'm upping my anxiety meds!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Ugh! I made the Thursday pick then went to do some research. I waited to hear about some injuries and then was ready to make my picks for week one and...the ESPN site is down and has been for about two hours!!! UGH!!

I can't just wait around. I have centipedes to sacrifice to Satan and meth pipes to whittle out of the bones of Serbian catfish.

Country
    Country Flag

That may be the worst week I've ever had. I am no longer tied for 1st place.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Well fuck me!

I missed the Thrusday pick in week two.

I'm still not used to the NFL playing on Thursday. I am way too old. Bah! I remember watching the Doomsday Defense and the Steel Curtain.

I watched them on an Edison Phonograph recorded on wax records sent a signal that came in on a landline from a dial up modem...or maybe I'm confused about technology.

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to the winners of the first two weeks-

Week 1: Oxcy8 with 11 wins!
    Week 2: Divemaster with 11 wins!

Country
    Country Flag

Brutal weekend for me!

But, congrats to the Week 3 winners - SpaceMan, gersto, and east-tennessee with 10 wins!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I am the Cleveland Browns of Pigskin pick 'em.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ARGH!!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

Well, well. Congrats to the Week 4 winner, doh! 13 wins!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

ARGH!!!

Don't feel bad...I only made it to week two without forgetting the Thursday game...well..ok...feel badly. I did.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the Chiefs and they look good. But they always start off so well. The Pats may begin the Chiefs' downfall.

Is Miami a sleeper?

Country
    Country Flag

I like the Chiefs and they look good. But they always start off so well. The Pats may begin the Chiefs' downfall.

Is Miami a sleeper?
    That Chiefs game - ugh. I was hoping for a Pats defeat!

Country
    Country Flag

Making up for lost time. Congrats-

Week 5: Oxcy8 with 11 wins!
    Week 6: Randall Flagg and RUBE with 12 wins!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Making up for lost time. Congrats-

Week 5: Oxcy8 with 11 wins!
    Week 6: Randall Flagg and RUBE with 12 wins!

11 wins for Jon as well!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post

Is Miami a sleeper?
    That Chiefs game - ugh. I was hoping for a Pats defeat!

Yes...but a good game none the less. That Kid (Mahome) is going to be a force if he stays healthy.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Did Manchester United score more points than the LA Raiders when the Raiders were in London? I think so.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast