Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bernie Wrightson Dark Tower pencil concept art

Along the Path of the Beam Tree705 will become famous soon enough Tree705's Avatar

Default Bernie Wrightson Dark Tower pencil concept art

Anyone feel qualified to give me a value on this
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Rich DeMars

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

You might try David at Betts Books. That's very nice BTW.

(This is just a guess on my part but I would say between $750-1000 - I could be way off)
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just a comparison, my original published ink drawing of Junkyard Robot from Michael Whelan (framed) was $1500.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Just a comparison, my original published ink drawing of Junkyard Robot from Michael Whelan (framed) was $1500.

That was published. The shown picture is a pencil concept. I think it could go anywheres price wise. VERY hard to price. AKC got one of these Bernie pencils for $800 off Ebay in an auction I think... And that was larger than this. Tough one.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Along the Path of the Beam Tree705 will become famous soon enough Tree705's Avatar

It would be much easier on me if I could remember what I paid for it
    Rich DeMars

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tree705 View Post
    It would be much easier on me if I could remember what I paid for it
    lol That does help yes.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I was just comparing a finished, published, framed piece by Whelan to a pencil sketch by Bernie. I don't think it's worth as much as a published piece but still valued fairly high since Bernie's pieces are now even more desirable. Still think low value would be $750+.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I think to reach that 750 figure it would need to be a proven prelim, and not just a sketch from a convention reproduced FROM the prelim.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I think to reach that 750 figure it would need to be a proven prelim, and not just a sketch from a convention reproduced FROM the prelim.
    Kind of my thoughts too.. I would have pegged this at the $500 mark to be honest.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

It’s not a repo Bernie was selling from several binders not making any art if you look at the art from the book you can see what he ended up doing, very similar
    Rich DeMars

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

750+ at least, i see becca69 more on point here - there are very few DT artworks out there, and the proven prelims sell far north of that.

Jae Lee f.E. charges 750-1000+ for convention artworks like that, and unfortiunatly there wont be any more Wrightsons ... so supply is limited

Just so you can compare
    Rich DeMars

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Any value guesses on these prelims?

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Any value on these prelims?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Any value on these prelims?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I am calling these "prelims" because that is what was on the yellow sticky notes when I purchased them from Bernie at Boston Comic Con a few years ago - I have pics of him signing them. I think it was one of the last cons he attended. I bought all the King related pieces he had left. I did not put the Cycle of the Werewolf piece in here because it did not fall under the thread's title. I would appreciate some honest price opinions.

Should this go in the classifieds/market value thread?

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Bernie had not done sketches at shows for YEARS (before his passing). Those are actual prelims.

I agree, however that it might not be worth $750
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

+ Reply to Thread