Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A keybord/TDT.org question

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Default A keybord/TDT.org question

Fact #1 - I'm getting older. When I was younger, I used my browsers with a magnification of 70%. I now have to use most any browser at 100% Chrome is at 110%. I don't know why the difference.

2. When surfing TDT.org, I start at 100% (Mozilla) and I have noticed that the magnification creeps up through the course of my surfing TDT.org usually all the way to 180%. I use a Laptop with a mouse pad. I'm convinced the difference is in my behavior but I cannot pinpoint that behavior.

3. This creeping of the magnification ONLY happens on TDT.net and drives me nuts! I have other sites on other Mozilla tabs and this creeping doesn't happen (other tabs with heavy metal on Youtube and Vivo...me...listening to metal... huh!) I realize that a Windows keyboard has a few ways to do the same thing such as magnify. I know it is not an issue with TDT.org...or so I think. I think this is either an issue with my browser or my behavior. I suspect the mouse vs. mouse pad is the issue but I'm not sure what is the specific issue nor how to correct it. There is an outside chance that the different browser is the issue, but I doubt it.

I control the magnification with any computer by holding ctrl + or ctrl -

4. At work, I surf Reddit far more than TDT.org with Chrome incognito and a traditional PC with a mouse. It is rare that I post a jpeg or vid on Reddit.

5. Magnification doesn't creep up at work at all.

6.Any speculation would help and I am willing to answer questions.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I was thinking there was a way to zoom in using the mouse but I can't seem to find it. The only way I know is the ctrl + and - keys.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

PC or Mac?

On my Mac trackpad it's a 2 finger scroll to move up and down. Widening/Narrowing the gap between those 2 fingers (after briefly lifting off the trackpad) then performs a zoom in/out.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I was thinking there was a way to zoom in using the mouse but I can't seem to find it. The only way I know is the ctrl + and - keys.
    CTRL+mouse wheel lets you zoom in/out.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    CTRL+mouse wheel lets you zoom in/out.
    Ahhh... I knew there was a way. I've done it accidentally a few times when I didn't realize I was hitting the ctrl key. Although it moves in increments of 10, so it's pretty obvious when it happens.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    PC or Mac?

On my Mac trackpad it's a 2 finger scroll to move up and down. Widening/Narrowing the gap between those 2 fingers (after briefly lifting off the trackpad) then performs a zoom in/out.

PC

I am almost convinced it's something I am doing with the mouse pad. Maybe the copious amount of alcohol. But then alcohol doesn't affect motor skills or cognitive functions so...
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

+ Reply to Thread