Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Creepshow series on Shudder from Greg Nicotero

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad I didn't pay for this. Really only enjoyed one story, maybe two.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=26494
    RLJ Entertainment, in association with Shudder, will release on Blu-ray Creepshow: Season 1. The three-disc set will be available for purchase on May 19.

Label description: Creepshow the new anthology series based on the 1982 horror comedy classic, is still the most fun you'll ever have being scared! A comic book comes to life in a series of twelve vignettes over six episodes, exploring terrors from murder to the supernatural and unexplainable. Haunted dollhouses, werewolves, murderous goblins, villainous trick-or-treaters, the dead, and medical marvels are just a few of the things to watch out for in this new series. You never know what will be on the next page....

Special Features:

Cast and Crew Interviews
    Behind the Scenes Footage
    Creepshow S1 Easter Eggs Featurette
    Audio Commentaries with Cast and Crew
    Episode and Comic Art Photo Galleries
    Comic Art Booklet
    AND MORE...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I personnally wasnt that impressed by the series.
    But something intrigues me in this news : "Comic Art Booklet"

Will that be the comic books that never got released? Or just a few artworks?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Season 1 will air on AMC prior to Season 2’s arrival on Shudder.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I personnally wasnt that impressed by the series.
    But something intrigues me in this news : "Comic Art Booklet"

Will that be the comic books that never got released? Or just a few artworks?
    Probably the comic art you see in the show bookending the individual stories. Kelley Jones and others did the art.

https://comicbook.com/horror/2019/10...greg-nicotero/
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Season 1 will air on AMC prior to Season 2’s arrival on Shudder.
    I saw this, too, but I'm not sure when Season 2 airs. Anyone?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing confirmed yet, but I am guessing around King's birthday, just like season 1?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Creepshow Showrunner Reveals “Lost” Stephen King Episode Details

The acclaimed horror anthology series Creepshow premiered on the AMC cable network Monday night (May 4) after first launching last year on the AMC-owned genre streaming service Shudder. Since debuting there, Creepshow has been a success, with a second season about to start filming before the coronavirus pandemic shut down production for now.

Based on the 1982 movie written by Stephen King and directed by George A. Romero, Creepshow’s six-episode first season features two stories per episode, many of them either written by or based on works from well-known and respected horror authors like Joe Hill and David J. Schow. In honor of King, however, the premiere story was “Gray Matter,” based on a story that appeared in King’s classic 1978 collection Night Shift.

But “Gray Matter” wasn’t the first King story selected for adaptation by Creepshow showrunner and executive producer Greg Nicotero (The Walking Dead), who directed the segment as well. After reaching out to King personally after Creepshow was given the green light, the horror master offered Nicotero a different tale for adaptation: “Survivor Type.”

First published in 1982 and then collected in King’s 1985 book Skeleton Crew, “Survivor Type” tells the story (in diary form) of a disgraced surgeon named Richard Pine, who manages to survive a shipwreck and land on a tiny island in the Pacific with little food or supplies except for the heroin he was smuggling on the voyage.

As the days go by and he runs out of food options, he begins to eat himself a piece at a time, using the heroin as anesthetic. Insane, drifting in and out of reality, Pine ends his diary entries with the amputation of his left hand, which tastes “just like lady fingers.”

“I read it and I’m like, ‘Oh, that’s fucking crazy,’” recalls Nicotero. “I mean, I’d read it a long time ago, but I reread it, and I was like, ‘Jesus, how the fuck are we going to do this?’”

Nevertheless, Nicotero gamely set about adapting the story: “I wrote the script for it, and that was going to be sort of like one of our big staple episodes,” he says. “And as soon as we got into production, I realized how challenging it would be.”

Nicotero says he realized very quickly that they couldn’t shoot the script in a way that would do it justice. “We couldn’t go to the beach to shoot, because we didn’t have the cash to do it,” he reveals. “So after a little bit of struggling back and forth, I went to my production team and just said, ‘Guys, we’re not going to be able to make this script right. I don’t want to shoot it on a lake and then digitally erase all of the trees, or shoot it in a parking lot with a blue screen behind it.’”

Having made his decision, Nicotero reached out to King again and gave him the bad news, but then asked if the show could adapt “Gray Matter” instead. King readily agreed and we now have the excellent episode that kicks off Creepshow’s first season. But Nicotero still has his script for “Survivor Type” around, just in case.

“I do, indeed,” he says. “I gave ‘Survivor Type’ to Jon Bernthal and he loved the script. So I was really like in my head going, ‘Man, how great would it be to have Bernthal star in this episode?’ But we would need a different model to be able to shoot that.”

With the stories already set for Season 2, “Survivor Type” will remain a “lost” Stephen King episode of Creepshow for now. But if Season 3 comes to pass and the budget opens up for location shooting on a deserted beach somewhere, the unfortunate Richard Pine may be dining on those “lady fingers.”

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Creepshow Showrunner Reveals “Lost” Stephen King Episode Details

The acclaimed horror anthology series Creepshow premiered on the AMC cable network Monday night (May 4) after first launching last year on the AMC-owned genre streaming service Shudder. Since debuting there, Creepshow has been a success, with a second season about to start filming before the coronavirus pandemic shut down production for now.

Based on the 1982 movie written by Stephen King and directed by George A. Romero, Creepshow’s six-episode first season features two stories per episode, many of them either written by or based on works from well-known and respected horror authors like Joe Hill and David J. Schow. In honor of King, however, the premiere story was “Gray Matter,” based on a story that appeared in King’s classic 1978 collection Night Shift.

But “Gray Matter” wasn’t the first King story selected for adaptation by Creepshow showrunner and executive producer Greg Nicotero (The Walking Dead), who directed the segment as well. After reaching out to King personally after Creepshow was given the green light, the horror master offered Nicotero a different tale for adaptation: “Survivor Type.”

First published in 1982 and then collected in King’s 1985 book Skeleton Crew, “Survivor Type” tells the story (in diary form) of a disgraced surgeon named Richard Pine, who manages to survive a shipwreck and land on a tiny island in the Pacific with little food or supplies except for the heroin he was smuggling on the voyage.

As the days go by and he runs out of food options, he begins to eat himself a piece at a time, using the heroin as anesthetic. Insane, drifting in and out of reality, Pine ends his diary entries with the amputation of his left hand, which tastes “just like lady fingers.”

“I read it and I’m like, ‘Oh, that’s fucking crazy,’” recalls Nicotero. “I mean, I’d read it a long time ago, but I reread it, and I was like, ‘Jesus, how the fuck are we going to do this?’”

Nevertheless, Nicotero gamely set about adapting the story: “I wrote the script for it, and that was going to be sort of like one of our big staple episodes,” he says. “And as soon as we got into production, I realized how challenging it would be.”

Nicotero says he realized very quickly that they couldn’t shoot the script in a way that would do it justice. “We couldn’t go to the beach to shoot, because we didn’t have the cash to do it,” he reveals. “So after a little bit of struggling back and forth, I went to my production team and just said, ‘Guys, we’re not going to be able to make this script right. I don’t want to shoot it on a lake and then digitally erase all of the trees, or shoot it in a parking lot with a blue screen behind it.’”

Having made his decision, Nicotero reached out to King again and gave him the bad news, but then asked if the show could adapt “Gray Matter” instead. King readily agreed and we now have the excellent episode that kicks off Creepshow’s first season. But Nicotero still has his script for “Survivor Type” around, just in case.

“I do, indeed,” he says. “I gave ‘Survivor Type’ to Jon Bernthal and he loved the script. So I was really like in my head going, ‘Man, how great would it be to have Bernthal star in this episode?’ But we would need a different model to be able to shoot that.”

With the stories already set for Season 2, “Survivor Type” will remain a “lost” Stephen King episode of Creepshow for now. But if Season 3 comes to pass and the budget opens up for location shooting on a deserted beach somewhere, the unfortunate Richard Pine may be dining on those “lady fingers.”
    Thank you, I was wondering about this.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The first season started running on AMC the other night. I set up a DVR recording.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was expecting the usual low budget TV garbage but they did a nice job capturing the horror comic book vibe from the 1970-80s. Enjoyed The House of the Head.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I missed the first episode but watched the 2nd one. Are the low budget special effects and overall "cheesiness" of the show supposed to be part of its appeal?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

The bluray of season 1 is supposedly being released next week.
    Does anyone knows if there will actually be the graphic novels of each episods? As a booklet or more likely as I thought, digitally or a video?

Thanks

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the first episode: Gray Matter (I read King's story years ago but it turns out that I remembered none of it) and House of the Head (which I thought was lacking).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    The bluray of season 1 is supposedly being released next week.
    Does anyone knows if there will actually be the graphic novels of each episods? As a booklet or more likely as I thought, digitally or a video?

Thanks
    I think it's a booklet of the comic art that bookended each segment. I don't think it'll be more than this though.

https://comicbook.com/horror/news/cr...-greg-nicotero

Also it's been delayed until June.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2020/...lease-delayed/
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Cyber for those info
    The postponement doesnt surprise me. As for the art, that would be disappointing. The oriignal idea, announced with the project, was to release actual comics.
    I wasnt SO keen on the series, but grabbed the comic #0 and was expecting to get the Grey Matter story as a comic :-(

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I missed the first episode but watched the 2nd one. Are the low budget special effects and overall "cheesiness" of the show supposed to be part of its appeal?
    I watched the second episode last night and see what you mean now. The Nazi wolf story was super cheesy (effects, actors, characters, and story). And the one with the finger started off interesting but the actor/character got on my nerves pretty quickly. How he kept calling the creature Bob was really annoying and brought me way out of the story.

Overall, I'm not impressed with the series but I'll keep watching.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

The quality varies with each segment. The dollhouse segment was the only one I felt that it really unnerved me. Nothing else blew me away.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Confirmed : the bluray only has a booklet with 1-2 pages maximum per episod of comics

Country
    Country Flag

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/361...isodes-season/

Nicotero says he wrote the script for a new Joe Hill episode this season. Hope they actually follow whatever story they adapt this season. The 'Lake Champlain' episode just had the bare minimum to connect it to the original short story (people discover a sea monster washed up by a lake).

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/cre...er-1234636865/
    Looks like “Creepshow” is more than creeping towards an early season 3 renewal.

Shudder, AMC’s horror and supernatural streaming service, has ordered a full set of season 3 scripts for the series based on George A. Romero’s iconic 1982 movie,Variety has learned exclusively.

The order comes despite the fact its second season isn’t close to being in the can yet. Season 2 of “Creepshow” was due to start shooting in March in Atlanta, but was hit by the coronavirus production shutdown which has blighted every single film and series across the country.

As Shudder general manager Craig Engler explained in a statement, the script order is a contingency plan to allow showrunner Gerg Nicotero and the creatives behind the show to “get as far ahead as possible.”

“Although season 2 is on pause while we wait until it’s safe to go into production, we wanted to use the time to start work on season 3 scripts to let Greg Nicotero and his amazing team get as far ahead as possible,” said Engler.

“’Creepshow’ continues to be near and dear to my heart and having the opportunity to continue the legacy by developing season 3 gives me the chance to work with some of the best storytellers and artists in the business. The stories we have in the pipeline for season 2 are even more outrageous, more fun and capture the spirit of what George Romero and Stephen King started in the ‘80s,” added Nicotero.

Season 1 of “Creepshow” starred the likes of starred David Arquette, Adrienne Barbeau, Tobin Bell, Big Boi, Jeffrey Combs, Kid Cudi, and Giancarlo Esposito. It featured adaptations of stories by Stephen King, Joe Hill, Joe R. Lansdale, and Josh Malerman.

The series is produced by the Cartel with Monster Agency Productions, Taurus Entertainment, and Striker Entertainment. Stan Spry, Jeff Holland, and Eric Woods are executive producers for the Cartel; Nicotero and Brian Witten executive produce for Monster Agency; Robert Dudelson, James Dudelson and Jordan Kizwani are executive producers for Taurus; Russell Binder is executive producer and Marc Mostman co-executive producer for Striker.

Creepshow Getting Animated Special on Shudder for Halloween

Shudder has confirmed that it will be delivering audiences an all-new animated special. The new special was directed by showrunner Greg Nicotero and features the voices of Kiefer Sutherland and Joey King, with the special being based on two stories from Stephen King and Joe Hill. The Creepshow Halloween Special will be debuting on Shudder on October 26th, just in time for Halloween. Additionally, Shudder unveiled a new look at The Creep from the set of Season Two, which you can see below.

“Survivor Type,” based on the short story by Stephen King and adapted by Nicotero, stars Sutherland as a man determined to stay alive alone on a deserted island no matter what the cost. “Twittering from the Circus of the Dead,” based on the short story by Joe Hill and adapted by Melanie Dale, stars King as a teen whose family road trip includes a visit to the gravest show on earth.

“Halloween wouldn’t be complete without Creepshow, so with the help of the father and son team of Stephen & Joe as well as a fantastic animated format, we get to continue the tradition and spirit of Halloween,” Nicotero shared in a statement.

“Although Season Two, now in production, has been delayed due to COVID, Greg and his team were still able to pull off this fantastic special so everyone will be able to enjoy a little bit of Creepshow during Halloween season,” Craig Engler, Shudder’s General Manager, added.

Country
    Country Flag

This made my day. I do hope we get a live action Survivor Type at some point though.

My Collection

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a great, great news!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

By the way, lest there be any confusion, this is Joey King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast