Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Creepshow series on Shudder from Greg Nicotero

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Default Creepshow series on Shudder from Greg Nicotero

From Entertainment Weekly

The streaming service Shudder has given the green light to a Creepshow TV series inspired by the classic 1982 horror anthology film of the same name, EW can exclusively reveal. Greg Nicotero, the Walking Dead executive producer and makeup effects wizard, is attached to direct, executive-produce, and supervise the show’s creative elements.

A homage to the horror comics of the 1950s, the original Creepshow featured segments written by Stephen King and was directed by a fellow horror legend, Night of the Living Dead filmmaker George A. Romero. The movie starred Hal Holbrook, Adrienne Barbeau, Leslie Nielsen, Ed Harris, and King himself, and it spawned two sequels and a spin-off comic. Shudder is owned by AMC Networks (home of The Walking Dead) and specializes in thriller, suspense, and horror fare.

“Creepshow is one of the most beloved and iconic horror anthologies from two masters of the genre, George A. Romero and Stephen King,” Shudder general manager Craig Engler said in a statement. “We’re thrilled to continue their legacy with another master of horror, Greg Nicotero, as we bring a new Creepshow TV series exclusively to Shudder members.”

“Creepshow is a project very close to my heart!” said Nicotero, who met his makeup effects mentor Tom Savini while visiting the set of the film and later collaborated with Romero on the zombie movies Day of the Dead and Land of the Dead, among other projects. “It is one of those titles that embraces the true spirit of horror… thrills and chills celebrated in one of its truest art forms, the comic book come to life! I’m honored to continue the tradition in the ‘spirit’ which it was created.”

The new Creepshow series is scheduled to debut on Shudder in 2019. Each episode will tell original stories and be helmed by a different filmmaker, with Nicotero directing the first episode. His company KNB EFX Group will also handle the creature and makeup effects.

The show will be produced by The Cartel with Monster Agency Productions, Taurus Entertainment, and Striker Entertainment.

“The Cartel is excited to bring the iconic Creepshow brand to Shudder as a series,” said Cartel CEO Stan Spry. “There is no better person to be the creative force behind this new production than Greg Nicotero. His experience and leadership will ensure that the series is of the highest quality and will help to excite horror fans around the world.”

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Interesting. Greg Nicotero is my hero (I'm a poet). However, I wish they would adapt just a few King stories, like finally do Pinfall. And perhaps Popsy and other tales that could fit into this thing. But interesting, no matter what

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    Interesting. Greg Nicotero is my hero (I'm a poet). However, I wish they would adapt just a few King stories, like finally do Pinfall. And perhaps Popsy and other tales that could fit into this thing. But interesting, no matter what
    I got to meet Nicotero in his creature shop on the set of The Mist, where he was experimenting with tentacles and setting flying beasts on fire. That was pretty cool.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They're saying original stories, so it sounds unlikely, but we can hope. Maybe King will write a few episodes, or direct one?

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    They're saying original stories, so it sounds unlikely, but we can hope. Maybe King will write a few episodes, or direct one?
    Yeah, but personally I'm not so crazy about these shows doing original stories vaguely connected to King. Haven was pretty good in its first few seasons before it turned into a soap-opera love story. Castle Rock, however, looks to be very good. Creepshow is more a franchise than a direct link to King, so I guess it's okay. We just don't need another Creepshow 3 (which was lousy). But hey, this TV show might kick ass. Here's hoping King will somehow be involved down the line, either letting some of his stories be adapted or write one original himself

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am guessing that they will try to get somehow King involved, but I would say that if it was already the case, it would already be mentionned because King is hot since the IT movie
    But maybe they'll try to adapt one of his stories?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://ew.com/tv/2018/10/02/creepsh...-shudder-nycc/
    This weekend’s New York Comic Con just got a little creepier. The horror-centric streaming service Shudder has unveiled the first promotional poster for its new Creepshow anthology series, which is inspired by the George A. Romero-directed, Stephen King-written 1982 film of the same name. The poster is designed by artist Tim Bradstreet and the show’s executive producer and director, Greg Nicotero (The Walking Dead). Nicotero will also be taking part in Shudder’s NYCC panel Thursday (4:15 p.m. ET, room 1A10), along with Joe Bob Briggs and Shudder curator Samuel Zimmerman.

EW revealed in July that Shudder had greenlit a small-screen version of Romero’s film.

“Creepshow is one of the most beloved and iconic horror anthologies from two masters of the genre, George A. Romero and Stephen King,” Shudder general manager Craig Engler said in a statement at the time. “We’re thrilled to continue their legacy with another master of horror, Greg Nicotero, as we bring a new Creepshow TV series exclusively to Shudder members.”

“Creepshow is a project very close to my heart!” said Nicotero, who met his makeup effects mentor Tom Savini while visiting the set of the film and later collaborated with Romero on the zombie movies Day of the Dead and Land of the Dead, among other projects. “It is one of those titles that embraces the true spirit of horror… thrills and chills celebrated in one of its truest art forms, the comic book come to life! I’m honored to continue the tradition in the ‘spirit’ which it was created.”

Five hundred copies of the poster will be given away at Shudder’s booth (#330) during the weekend, with a select number signed by Nicotero. Creepshow is slated to premiere on Shudder next year.

Get an exclusive look at the new poster below.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I personnally find that poster disappointing. I liked the whole comic style posters, and this almost look like a photo.
    There is no mention of George Romeo or Stephen King

To me, it feels like they managed to get the rights of the name and go onward with it. It wont be related at all with Stephen King
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I personnally find that poster disappointing. I liked the whole comic style posters, and this almost look like a photo.
    There is no mention of George Romeo or Stephen King

To me, it feels like they managed to get the rights of the name and go onward with it. It wont be related at all with Stephen King
    Just how I feel too. However, based on Nicotero, it should be better than the dreadful Creepshow 3. I still would love to see some King stories done this way

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

It is a truly awful poster considering how many talented people are making great pop art these days. If Steve isn't involved doesn't it just end up being Tales from the Crypt?

I love Shudder though, can't beat that price and that Joe Bob marathon was killer!
    I haven't watched any of their original stuff so I don't know what their budgets are. If it's cheap looking don't do it I say.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the poster. It has a fresh look just as the comics have now. It looks as a comic just as the original did back in the 80s.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

So a King story will be adapted for the CREEPSHOW series
    > http://www.horrornewsnetwork.net/gre...rs-nycc-panel/

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    So a King story will be adapted for the CREEPSHOW series
    > http://www.horrornewsnetwork.net/gre...rs-nycc-panel/
    Probably more than one. Plus stories by Joe Hill, Joe Lansdale, and others. Now we're talking! I don't care about the poster not being so fancy. I'm more interested in this upcoming show now than before

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...-heading-to-tv
    Stephen King is counted as a modern master of horror for good reason, as his stories have delighted and disturbed fans for decades now. His stories have been successfully adapted for television, with Castle Rock ranking as one of the most original new series of 2018 for many viewers. Now, an adaptation of one of his most disturbing short stories is reportedly in the works for an installment of the Creepshow anthology series. "Survivor Type" from the Skeleton Crew collection of stories is apparently headed to the small screen.

A new report courtesy of Production Weekly (via Birth.Movies.Death.) states that Creepshow is tackling the "Survivor Type" short story, which is a story that is quite disturbing even by Stephen King standards, and Stephen King is the man who came up with that sewer orgy scene in the IT novel! In case you're not familiar with "Survivor Type," here are the broad strokes of what it's about.

"Survivor Type" is written in the form of a diary by a disgraced surgeon going by the name of Richard Pine. First published in 1982, the story follows Pine after his cruise ship sank somewhere in the Pacific, leaving him with few supplies beyond the large amount of heroin he'd been attempting to smuggle on the high seas.

I won't get into spoilers of how Pine gets by, but given that this is a Stephen King tale we're talking about, you can probably guess that Pine didn't last because he mastered the art of roasting plentiful and easily-captured animals. The story delivers a very different kind of fright than readers get from Pennywise the Dancing Clown and the Overlook hotel.

Adapting "Survivor Type" for the small screen is no small task, but we can be pretty confident that Creepshow has the right man for the job. The Walking Dead executive producer and special effects makeup guru Greg Nicotero will direct the episode that tackles "Survivor Type," and he is also on board Creepshow as creative director and producer.

The odds are pretty good that the anthology episode won't have to shy away from the gruesome nature of the story, as Creepshow won't air on broadcast, basic, or even premium cable. No, Creepshow is being produced for AMC's premium streaming service Shudder, and it's entirely possible that Creepshow on that platform will be able to get away with more than Greg Nicotero has been able to on The Walking Dead on AMC proper.

Creepshow is expected to premiere on Shudder at some point this year. All things considered, 2019 could be a very good year for Stephen King adaptations. The long awaited Pet Sematary film is finally hitting theaters in the spring, and IT: Chapter 2 is on the way for September. The second season of Castle Rock is expected in 2019 as well, although no premiere date has been listed. Still, the info that has been released about Season 2 so far has me plenty excited!

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I like the poster. It has a fresh look just as the comics have now. It looks as a comic just as the original did back in the 80s.
    +1

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh great, another streaming platform.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shudder's actually pretty cool and they give out free trials often.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The other stories being adapted.
    • “Silvery Waters of Lake Champlain” by Joe Hill (NOS4A2)
    • “House of the Head” by Josh Malerman (Bird Box)
    • “The Companion” by Joe Lansdale (The Bottoms)
    • “The Man in the Suitcase” by Christopher Buehlman (The Lesser Dead)
    • “All Hallows Eve” by Bruce Jones (The Hitchhiker)
    • “Night of the Paw” by John Esposito (The Walking Dead: Webisodes)
    • “Bad Wolf Down” by Rob Schrab (Monster House)

https://deadline.com/2019/02/creepsh...ca-1202553546/
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nicotero’s parents live super close to me. Pittsburgh ain’t the best but it breeds some killer horror folks

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt6KTr1hh0E/
    Episode 1 wrapped CREEPSHOW!!!! @shudder @creepshowtv

Creepshow reboot lands Adrienne Barbeau to star

The upcoming Creepshow series at Shudder is pulling influences all the way back from the original film. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Adrienne Barbeau has joined the cast of the new series, who also starred in the original 1982 film.

Barbeau will be joined by Giancarlo Esposito (Better Call Saul) and Tobin Bell (Saw) for the series’ first episode, Gray Matter, based on a 1973 story by Stephen King. The episode will be directed by The Walking Dead’s effects wizard Greg Nicotero.

“I was thrilled when Greg asked me to join the Creepshow world once again,” Barbeau said. “And then working with Tobin and Giancarlo, with Greg as our director, well, that was the icing on the cake — no, not that cake. Oh, you know what I mean.”

So Gray Matter has replaced Survivor Type? Still, great news!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Esposito and Bell - good cast.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a great news but I'm a little confused now. Will there be two King stories then? Each episodo will have more than one story adapted?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    It's a great news but I'm a little confused now. Will there be two King stories then? Each episodo will have more than one story adapted?
    Now that would be an amazing thing. If so, let's have Pinfall (about time), Rainy Season, Home Delivery and a few more King tales that would fit into this franchise. But I'm sure they just replaced Survivor Type with Gray Matter. I hope we will see more King in this show in later seasons

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast