Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Outsider series on HBO

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Outsider series on HBO

https://deadline.com/2018/06/richard...er-1202407954/

Media Rights Capital is back in business with Stephen King, its partner on The Dark Tower. MRC has optioned the Stephen King #1 bestselling novel The Outsider. MRC plans a 10-episode limited series adaptation, and they have secured Richard Price to write it. Jack Bender and Marty Bowen are exec producing with MRC. Bender and Bowen teamed on the series Mr. Mercedes, and Bender is a possible to direct the pilot for The Outsider. King has the option to join as executive producer. MRC will develop the show with Price writing the pilot before they set it at a network.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Fast. I haven’t even read the novel yet!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Wow. Fast. I haven’t even read the novel yet!
    That's not unprecedented. John Carpenter optioned Christine well before it was published, and the film was out about eight months after the novel.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I actually thought that it would be optionalised prior to the release. Wouldnt have been the first time as bev said
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice BountyHunter is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hope they get the same actress to play Holly in this.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Ben Mendelsohn Will Star in HBO’s Small Screen Adaptation of Stephen King’s “The Outsider”

Back in May of this year, Scriber released Stephen King’s The Outsider, the prolific author’s latest novel, and it’s already now getting a small screen adaptation from HBO!

Variety reports that Ben Mendelsohn (Ready Player One) will star in the series adaptation, with Jason Bateman on board to direct the first two episodes. Bateman will also exec produce.

In the series, a seemingly straightforward investigation into the gruesome murder of a local boy leads a seasoned cop and an unorthodox investigator to question everything they believe to be real, as an insidious supernatural force edges its way into the case.

Media Rights Capital is the studio and will produce along with Aggregate and Temple Hill Entertainment. Mendelsohn will also produce in addition to starring. Richard Price serves as writer and executive producer. Marty Bowen of Temple Hill will also executive produce along with Michael Costigan of Aggregate and Jack Bender.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great to see it go to HBO. Finally King has started to get premiere-level treatment.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The book was just meh for me. Maybe it'll adapt better
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Really? I rather enjoyed it and thought it was a better (recent years) effort. At least since, "Dr. Sleep", which I enjoyed immensely.

Edit: Especially liked that he appears to be keeping the "Finders Keepers Agency" open for business!!!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Really? I rather enjoyed it and thought it was a better (recent years) effort. At least since, "Dr. Sleep", which I enjoyed immensely.
    Really looking forward to Dr. Sleep as I loved the novel. GBB was better for me than The Outsider. Currently listening to Elevation and it isn't blowing my hair back either.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Really looking forward to Dr. Sleep as I loved the novel. GBB was better for me than The Outsider. Currently listening to Elevation and it isn't blowing my hair back either.
    If you liked "The Shining", which is likely I think you'll enjoy DS. Felt liked going home again to me. lol

To each his/her own, but I thought GBB & Elevation were really just so-so short stories not novels. JMHO of course.

Country
    Country Flag

If you liked "The Shining", which is likely I think you'll enjoy DS. Felt liked going home again to me. lol

To each his/her own, but I thought GBB & Elevation were really just so-so short stories not novels. JMHO of course.
    The Shining novel yes. The movie, hell no.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah found both of them to be a bit underwhelming. Elevation at least would have been served better in some sort of anthology like 'Different Seasons'. With
    Gwendy' I was hoping for a payoff that it didn't really deliver (mainly in regards to R.F.)

With The Outsider... I found the first half to be very compelling but at the midway point it just ran out of steam.
    Spoiler:
    That it was a supernatural thing was inevitable but I just found the villain to be fairly unremarkable.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    With The Outsider... I found the first half to be very compelling but at the midway point it just ran out of steam.
    Spoiler:
    That it was a supernatural thing was inevitable but I just found the villain to be fairly unremarkable.
    Agreed.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Spoiler:
    Agreed.
    x 2. Yeah, he could have delved into the Shape changers' history a little more. I was actually kind of intrigued with the villain and would have enjoyed a little more back story/history. Otherwise though I did enjoy both "halves" of the story. For me I think it was the "Finder's Keepers" element that saved the 2nd half.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://comicbook.com/horror/2019/01...phen-king-hbo/
    Stephen King's novel The Outsider debuted last year and was shortly after announced as earning a series for HBO. Ben Mendelsohn was previously announced as the star, with an additional 10 cast members confirmed by Deadline.

Cynthia Erivo (Bad Times at the El Royale), Bill Camp (The Looming Tower), Mare Winningham (George Wallace), Paddy Considine (The Ferryman), Julianne Nicholson (Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders), Yul Vázquez (I Am the Night), Jeremy Bobb (The Knick), and Marc Menchaca(Ozark) join the cast as regulars, while Hettienne Park (Hannibal) and Michael Esper (Trust) are confirmed as recurring performers.

Erivo is set to play Holly Gibney, Camp as Howie Gold, Winningham as Jeannie Anderson, Considine as Claude Bolton, Nicholson as Mercy Maitland, Vázquez as Yunis Sablo, Bobb as Alec Pelley, and Menchaca as Jack Hoskins. Park and Esper will star as Tomika Collins and Bill Samuels.

In the novel, "An eleven-year-old boy’s violated corpse is found in a town park. Eyewitnesses and fingerprints point unmistakably to one of Flint City’s most popular citizens. He is Terry Maitland, Little League coach, English teacher, husband, and father of two girls. Detective Ralph Anderson, whose son Maitland once coached, orders a quick and very public arrest. Maitland has an alibi, but Anderson and the district attorney soon add DNA evidence to go with the fingerprints and witnesses. Their case seems ironclad."

"As the investigation expands and horrifying answers begin to emerge, King’s propulsive story kicks into high gear, generating strong tension and almost unbearable suspense. Terry Maitland seems like a nice guy, but is he wearing another face? When the answer comes, it will shock you as only Stephen King can."

The series comes from Richard Price, who has previously written for The Night Of and The Wire, which will ensure that The Outsider will offer audiences a compelling tale of murder and intrigue.

For more than 40 years, King's works have been the inspiration behind movies and TV series, with recent years seeing a swell in adaptations that confirm this trend isn't slowing down anytime soon. The author has previously revealed that, when it comes to adaptations of his works, he enjoys them more when they stick closely to what he chronicled in the original stories.

"I think that they’re the best when they stick close to the books because, I don’t know, I feel a proprietary interest in that," King revealed to the Associated Press. "I always think that some of the adaptations that don’t work that well are ones where they buy the concept, the basic concept, but then say well yes but we’ll do this, that and the other thing to it. So I always feel a little bit like they bought my launching pad and put their own rocket up, and sometimes the rocket explodes... The ones that I like the best are the ones where they stick close to the story and where I see changes and things that have been altered and I say to myself, 'I wish I’d thought of that.'"

There is no production schedule nor platform attached, so we likely shouldn't expect the series to debut until sometime next year.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm so disappointed that Justine Lupe is not getting the chance to continue her portrayal of Holly Gibney. I have loved her work in the first two Mr. Mercedes seasons. From a fanbase standpoint, I think it's a big mistake.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I'm so disappointed that Justine Lupe is not getting the chance to continue her portrayal of Holly Gibney. I have loved her work in the first two Mr. Mercedes seasons. From a fanbase standpoint, I think it's a big mistake.

Country
    Country Flag

A brief clip of the show here:

Country
    Country Flag

Looks pretty good.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Excited. Looks really good and I am a huge Jason Bateman fan anyways
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast