Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Outsider series on HBO

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Saw the first 3 episodes this week and next week I'll see another 3 due to being one of the hosts of the official podcast in Latam.

I
    LOVED
    IT.

Period.
    I've seen the first 6, and I cannot wait to watch the end! It's great!
    So, they're doing it as a sort of Mini-series then. They're not going to try and fuck around with it like "Mr. Mercede's" (even though they did pretty well with MM) and extend it to multiple seasons?
    One assumes they could follow up with "If It Bleeds," which features both Ralph and Holly. I don't know if that will happen -- but it's possible.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Saw the first 3 episodes this week and next week I'll see another 3 due to being one of the hosts of the official podcast in Latam.

I
    LOVED
    IT.

Period.
    So, they're doing it as a sort of Mini-series then. They're not going to try and fuck around with it like "Mr. Mercede's" (even though they did pretty well with MM) and extend it to multiple seasons?
    MM made sense to extend out since there were multiple books. Each season followed one of the books (even though they did 2 and 3 out of order).

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

I
    LOVED
    IT.

Period.
    One assumes they could follow up with "If It Bleeds," which features both Ralph and Holly. I don't know if that will happen -- but it's possible.

Okay, MM was a bad example. I meant that they would depict the story in its entirety. That's cool, Bev as I said so long as they maintain the integrity of each story. That was what I was trying to relate.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I
    LOVED
    IT.

Period.
    Both of them?
    Interesting
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is this out yet? Meaning on line to watch as of now? I checked this morning and it was not
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Is this out yet? Meaning on line to watch as of now? I checked this morning and it was not
    Starts tonight (Jan 12) at 9 pm EST. Should be able to watch online then depending on app.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Verdansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Starts tonight (Jan 12) at 9 pm EST. Should be able to watch online then depending on app.
    Thanks!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very good premiere!!!! Loved it. This is shaping up to be a pretty faithful adaption of the book, which I enjoyed.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Book spoilers

Spoiler:
    Kind of surprised out of a ten part miniseries they got through the halfway point with Terry's death at the start of the second episode. Will be interesting to see where the rest goes as I felt this was when the book got less interesting.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Got bored with it halfway through the second episode. First episode was good.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw the first couple of episodes and thought it was pretty good. Actually had greater depth to the characters and plot than the book. There was a lot of jumping around in the first episode that was hard to follow and the trick of muting the dialogue for dramatic effect was played too often but otherwise give it a solid B plus. It gives me some pause, though, that they only allowed the critics to see the first six episodes. Maybe it fizzles out at the end like the book.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that's just how HBO operates, they did the same with Watchmen screeners.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I
    LOVED
    IT.

Period.
    Both of them?
    Interesting
    Yeap.

Saw 6 episodes (every Tuesday from now on I'll see one) and I must say it's up to my high expectations. I really would love HBO adapts more Stephen King stories.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

I
    LOVED
    IT.

Period.
    Both of them?
    Interesting
    Yeap.

Saw 6 episodes (every Tuesday from now on I'll see one) and I must say it's up to my high expectations. I really would love HBO adapts more Stephen King stories.
    likeeeeeeeeeeee THE DARK TOWER.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I
    LOVED
    IT.

Period.
    Both of them?
    Interesting
    Yeap.

They've had the rights to ROSE MADDER for many years.
    The last I heard about a project, it was in 2017 and the project had moved to a movie that was supposed to be directed by Assaf Bernstein
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

So HBO had a free weekend and I was able to record the 1st 3 episodes. Watched the first one last night. I really like what I've seen so far. I've always been a fan of Jason Bateman.

Also it looks like they are sticking to the storyline of the book pretty closely. I almost need to read the book again as I don't remember exactly how it ended. Although I remember it being a bit anti-climatic.

Guess I'm going to have to wait until either another free weekend from HBO or I'll have to wait for the DVD release to finish the show though.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Apprentice Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough

Watched again last night and another great episode, as far as I'm concerned.
    I didn't read the book and hadn't planned to but now I might, which I realize is backwards but oh well.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the Holly character much more on the show than in the book for some reason. She does look a bit like the woman on The Walking Dead with that hair but once I got past that her character seems to work.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watched the second episode last night and thought all the investigation stuff was a little slow. I liked the premiere much better. I'm liking the so overall, but it's just so dark (in terms of photography, not tone), which isn't necessarily a criticism, just an observation. I think Jason Bateman did a great job.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

So far it's not doing much for me. Kind of dour overall. I think they made a mistake by getting through the halfway point of the book this early on and making it ten episodes.

My Collection

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    So far it's not doing much for me. Kind of dour overall. I think they made a mistake by getting through the halfway point of the book this early on and making it ten episodes.
    The book is only 560 pages long. Terry was killed on page 185 which is barely a quarter of the way through the story. I think the pacing of the show is pretty spot on. They could've maybe padded it a little and had him killed in the 3rd episode but it's hardly the halfway point.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

The book is only 560 pages long. Terry was killed on page 185 which is barely a quarter of the way through the story. I think the pacing of the show is pretty spot on. They could've maybe padded it a little and had him killed in the 3rd episode but it's hardly the halfway point.
    Page 185/560 would make it almost exactly the 1/3 point, so it would've happened around the end of episode 3 or the beginning of episode 4. I'm wondering how they're gonna pad out the second half of this story, as it was a slog to get through in book form for me and I'm already getting a bit bored by the show.

Nice to see Ben Mendelsohn in a King adaptation after he rejected the offer to play Pennywise, though.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I agree, I loved the book up until that point, then the rest was a struggle for me. I watched episode 3 last night but it had a hard time keeping my attention. I enjoyed the first 2 episodes a lot more. I do wish they kept Terry around at least through this episode. It seems like they really rushed to kill off his character, when those aspects of the story were the most intriguing.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I feel there is more tension and conflict when Terry is alive, which could've been milked more to build up to the moment of his death and Ralph's guilt

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I agree, I loved the book up until that point, then the rest was a struggle for me. I watched episode 3 last night but it had a hard time keeping my attention. I enjoyed the first 2 episodes a lot more. I do wish they kept Terry around at least through this episode. It seems like they really rushed to kill off his character, when those aspects of the story were the most intriguing.
    Yeah that was when the book lost steam for me.

Honestly out of all of the King books you could make a show out of it's puzzling that this is what they decided to choose. Same with Sleeping Beauties which was a nightmare to get through.

My Collection

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by georgiesarm View Post
    Page 185/560 would make it almost exactly the 1/3 point, so it would've happened around the end of episode 3 or the beginning of episode 4. I'm wondering how they're gonna pad out the second half of this story, as it was a slog to get through in book form for me and I'm already getting a bit bored by the show.

Nice to see Ben Mendelsohn in a King adaptation after he rejected the offer to play Pennywise, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiesarm View Post
    Yeah, I feel there is more tension and conflict when Terry is alive, which could've been milked more to build up to the moment of his death and Ralph's guilt
    Yeah that was when the book lost steam for me.

Honestly out of all of the King books you could make a show out of it's puzzling that this is what they decided to choose. Same with Sleeping Beauties which was a nightmare to get through.

I'm loving it!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast