Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trapped: new Stephen King & Richard Chizmar film

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Trapped: new Stephen King & Richard Chizmar film

https://twitter.com/RichardChizmar/s...34505731457024
    Next film project. Pre-production started today. Filming in late July. @BillyChizmar @StephenKing

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Very interesting. Wonder if it's an actual story or an idea/outline provided by King and Chizmar.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought 'Gwendy' was a bit underwhelming and King doesn't have the best track record with screenplays but we'll see...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

I've enjoyed a number of King's screenplays. Reading them, I mean. Yeah, some of the end results weren't so lucky. Trapped, however, is scripted by Richard Chizmar.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I get that but he's still collaborating on the story and a lot of his writing flaws are more apparent when he's writing for the screen.

Like I was watching 'Cat's Eye' and one of the shorts was Quitter's Inc. The original story was pretty straightforward and realistic given the premise. When he did the film he dialed everything up to eleven, like there's this bizarre scene where he's at a party and he sees these giant dancing cigarette cartons and "every breath you take" starts playing.

Or Pet Semetary which is considered to be one of his best screenplays still felt the need to take what is probably the scariest ending he ever wrote and turned it into a Tales from the Crypt scene.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Well, yeah, I know what you mean. I guess it's just him seeing these two medias as different from each other. He also once stated (or was it Mick Garris?) that he/King took the screenplay writing more serious when he developed the teleplays for either The Stand or The Shining. But hey, the scene you described in Cat's Eye is hilarious! Pet Sematary is a dark novel he thinks is too tough, so he likely felt it needed a more Cryptkeeper-tone in his screenplay...although the movie is more scary than any Tales from the Crypt-episode. I do think, however, that King wanted to please the crew and stars of Under the Dome show, when he wrote one episode for them. It's definitely not King trying to adapt moments from his own novel. But then again. I haven't read that script. Would like to.

Country
    Country Flag

FWIW I also watched Creepshow for the first time this month and I thought that was a fun film with the right amount of camp and horror so I guess it depends. Storm of the Century was also fairly decent although I haven't seen that one in a while.

My Collection

Creepshow and Storm of the Century are amazing. And believe it or not, but the Maximum Overdrive screenplay is way better than the actual film. Not a super work by any means, but still...

Bev, do you know anything about this project - Trapped - or is it hush-hush at the moment?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    Creepshow and Storm of the Century are amazing. And believe it or not, but the Maximum Overdrive screenplay is way better than the actual film. Not a super work by any means, but still...

Bev, do you know anything about this project - Trapped - or is it hush-hush at the moment?
    I haven't asked any questions about it yet. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Still nothing? Lilja speculates (on his recent podcast), as do I, that it's perhaps an outline or idea made up by King and Chizmar, not an actual prose story. No matter what, it's definitely for a short film which I hope will be available outside of film festivals. As I understand, the other short film the two Chizmar's did (Gone) should be pretty good.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    Still nothing? Lilja speculates (on his recent podcast), as do I, that it's perhaps an outline or idea made up by King and Chizmar, not an actual prose story. No matter what, it's definitely for a short film which I hope will be available outside of film festivals. As I understand, the other short film the two Chizmar's did (Gone) should be pretty good.
    Gone is very good.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The short movie TRAPPED will become a feature film : https://twitter.com/RichardChizmar/s...47558418931712
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread