Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lurker - Non-King

Hybrid View

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Lurker - Non-King

Since there was a recent discussion about the Centipede Oxrun books, I thought I start with those. I have a matching set of them -#14.

I did request the matching Nestling when I ordered from Centipede, but did not get my number. And to further driver number completists crazy - it is possible to get a matching Roman numeral XX or under. I haven't found XIV yet, but got pretty darn close!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I seem to recall having a few books that matched the cover/spine format of the top two books. I can't remember, is that how most Centipede books look?

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I did request the matching Nestling when I ordered from Centipede, but did not get my number. And to further driver number completists crazy - it is possible to get a matching Roman numeral XX or under. I haven't found XIV yet, but got pretty darn close!
    Nice set!! And matched - very cool!!

The Roman Numeral contributor's copies drive me nuts as well! For other publishers I don't feel the compulsion to own a "PC" if I already own a real number, but for Centipede Press the fact that the "PC" copies have Roman Numerals makes me want to collect them as well

EDIT: I should add that for some books (particularly early books) CP used Roman Numerals to denote deluxe editions. For the majority of books, however, Roman Numerals are "contributor's copies", so essentially numbered PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I seem to recall having a few books that matched the cover/spine format of the top two books. I can't remember, is that how most Centipede books look?
    That was the standard format for CP books published up through 2012 (with a few exceptions). In 2013 he started using dustjackets, and the unjacketed books since then have a different format (usually full silk cloth instead of the faux leather spine + cloth boards).

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I had a chance once to buy all the Charles Grant books by Centipede at a fantastic price, and I passed...I really, really regret that decision.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful! I just got done posting my Gene Wolfe books on FB forum so nice to see Centipede vibe is in the air!

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. Do you have a link for that? I tried a search but only found Centipede's Facebook and some others but not GW pics.

I think I have all the Farris books - but never really bought a lot of the others (well, I did the King book when people were still arguing if Jerad was legit). I thought I had a GW set from EP but it turns out they didn't do the whole series. Annoying. Like Jerad not finishing Oxrun!

Country
    Country Flag

It’s Small Press Collectors Group

https://m.facebook.com/groups/193517360836341

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    It’s Small Press Collectors Group

https://m.facebook.com/groups/193517360836341
    Hmm. When I click on that it wants me to sign in. Oh, well - thanks anyway. I'll wait til you post them in your amazing thread.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

I admit it, I’m jealous. Would love to add those to my Grant collection (which coincidentally is what I chose for my first non-King post). Looking forward to seeing the rest of your collection!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I think the only other Grant's I have are Quietly Now and Shadows. Guess those are both in the King section. I remember reading most of his work in those pb's back in the day. Brings back memories. I never saved many of the paperbacks I read - just Zeena Henderson and a few others...now where might they be...

Country
    Country Flag

Starting to get things together. Looks like a bit of a Liu collection starting

Grace of Kings is not only signed but stamped with his Chinese seal.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Very nice! Rumour has it there may be a S/L of the Cixin Liu series announced soon.

HBJ

Country
    Country Flag

Subterranean Press should announce their limited very soon - it will have art I believe as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Very nice! Rumour has it there may be a S/L of the Cixin Liu series announced soon.

HBJ
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Subterranean Press should announce their limited very soon - it will have art I believe as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

HBJ
    Wow. The letter sold out in under a minute. The option was there to get one when I clicked- but I went with a numbered.

I guess I didn't realize he was the "in" Liu, but I hope Ken Liu finishes his series and doesn't pull a Martin.

You are going to be lucky to get yours signed at the reading!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Wow. The letter sold out in under a minute. The option was there to get one when I clicked- but I went with a numbered.
    Congrats! You will get first dibs on matching future volumes, and the series is complete. Nice purchase, I think; SubPress do nice work.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY NICE Ken Liu collection !!!
    (I just get my ticket for the only bookreading event in Germany from Cixin Liu)

Country
    Country Flag

A few Easton Press editions. Years ago, I guess the late 80's or so, I quit smoking. I decided that the EP SF and SF First eds were about the same price as a month of B&H, so I ordered the monthly subscription to have something to remind me what was going up in smoke.

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

A few Easton Press editions. Years ago, I guess the late 80's or so, I quit smoking. I decided that the EP SF and SF First eds were about the same price as a month of B&H, so I ordered the monthly subscription to have something to remind me what was going up in smoke.

Amazing EP collection and I love the story behind it!

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

That’s amazing. Wish I had done something like that! Beautiful collection you’ve saved there (along with your lungs).
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Well done, on both giving up and on your collection. A testament to your willpower!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Addition to the Cixin Liu books:

Country
    Country Flag

And who can resist yet another gift Hobbit. I really need to update my Tolkien shelves soon...The hologram on the front of the case is pretty cool..

I like the signed limited edition of Ball Lightning from Head of Zeus. Congrats for that.

(I've seen matching S/L sets of the Three Body trilogy from that publisher, and would love to get them, but they are *pricey*. I do have the numbered omnibus volume, though)

And the Hobbit edition is really neat.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats for the nice Hobbit and the nice S/L Liu Cixin !!!
    I see him next month at a bookreading event and of cause try to get SOME signed books. :-)

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks all. Wow Stocker, you do go to a lot of signings!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast