Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Hunchback Jack Collection - non-King

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now that really is a beautiful book.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful BOOK !!!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Absolutely love that SAINTS! I've read it, and although I can't remember much about it, I recall liking it, as I have all of Card's religious books, which is weird since I'm not religious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Absolutely love that SAINTS! I've read it, and although I can't remember much about it, I recall liking it, as I have all of Card's religious books, which is weird since I'm not religious.
    You collect pretty religiously It counts.

Looks to be a great production, Peter!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Now that really is a beautiful book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Beautiful BOOK !!!
    Thank you all. I hope to post some (less impressive) purchases here soon.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Okay, you've all seen it before, but here is Suntup's Brother.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I definitely don’t mind seeing it again! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Oh BROTHER, what a nice book!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We have seen some but not yours! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

SUPERNICE !!!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

It really is a nice production by Suntup.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Okay, you've all seen it before, but here is Suntup's Brother.HBJ
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know how I missed this when you posted it, but BIG CONGRATS on this one! Some of the resale prices on this are nuts, so I hope you got a fair deal. And I do believe that a "fair deal" is still a pretty hefty price, as this is one of Sub Press's all time greatest books, for sure! Right up there with, or even above, the lettered Shadow of the Wind. Silence of the Lambs, and Snowcrash. I love the spine design and the traycase design, I think the art deco nod is really cool and what elevates it above some of the others. I believe that this type of marbling is "Italian" and it's one of my favorite types of marbling patterns - the colors here are just beautiful.

Great acquisition!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

You said you do your best. I just looked at what the three body problem lettered is going for now. WOW. First, it is a fantastic looking book but I have to say the price I saw almost made my glasses fly off my head.
    Congrats on getting such a coveted book.

Thanks, guys! I was fortunate enough to preorder this edition directly from SubPress, so I paid list price.

But if you're looking at the $8K BIN copy on ebay, that's for the whole trilogy, not just the first volume. I'd expect just this book (now that it no longer holds rights to the following volumes) to be on the order of $1500, tops.

(My copy is not for sale, I should add).

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

The City of Mirrors, By Justin Cronin, signed limited edition from Cemetery Dance:

After a long delay and a change of printers, it was nice to see that CD were able to maintain a consistent look and feel to the previous volumes. I have a matching set, too, fortunately. I hope they offer a slipcase for it, as they have for the previous two volumes.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The City of Mirrors, By Justin Cronin, signed limited edition from Cemetery Dance:

After a long delay and a change of printers, it was nice to see that CD were able to maintain a consistent look and feel to the previous volumes. I have a matching set, too, fortunately. I hope they offer a slipcase for it, as they have for the previous two volumes.

HBJ
    Good looking set! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on a beautiful set!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks good, Peter!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice picture!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Good looking set! Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Congrats on a beautiful set!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Looks good, Peter!
    Nice picture!
    Thank you, all. It's a nice book, for sure. I always struggle to do the books justice with my pictures, and am trying new things. The results are ... uneven. But I'm learning.

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cool

Peter, your collection just keeps getting better and better. Hopefully I can finish off my King stuff, then maybe branch off into other authors and other publishing companies. But you should be proud. it really is a great collection.
    Plus, your pictures are really stellar.

The Labyrinth of the Spirits, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, Lettered Edition from Subterranean Press:

The leather of the boards and traycase is just amazing to touch, and the whole production is perfect. Heavy paper stock, two-color printing throughout, illustrated section headings, and many tipped-in color illustrations. Many of these features are also in the numbered edition, making it one of SubPress's best editions all around. The whole series is like that, in fact.

SubPress were nice enough to send me the same letter as my (secondary market) lettered Shadow of the Wind, as no one else had claimed it. So I'm half way toward a matched set (if I can find letter F of volumes 2 and 3. Hey, I can dream, can't i?)

HBJ

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! I like that the case is somewhat matching in color to book 1.
    The toughest one to find will be book 2 - Im still looking for my matching one 5 years now
    There was one for sale a few months ago on eBay - it went quick over $2K I believe and its the only one that I have seen in a long time.
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG CONGRATS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Peter, your collection just keeps getting better and better. Hopefully I can finish off my King stuff, then maybe branch off into other authors and other publishing companies. But you should be proud. it really is a great collection.
    Plus, your pictures are really stellar.
    Thanks, Mike. Your King collection is really great - you’ve been getting some impressive books lately, and I can see you are focusing on the specific editions you want. It’s great to see.

Thanks for the nice comments about my pictures. As I say, I’m trying new things, and trying to show the books at their best while being limited by my lack of skills, equipment, and environment. I never achieve the pictures I see in my head, but I hope that people can see what I was going for - and the books are usually stunning enough that they still look great, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Congratulations! I like that the case is somewhat matching in color to book 1.
    The toughest one to find will be book 2 - Im still looking for my matching one 5 years now
    There was one for sale a few months ago on eBay - it went quick over $2K I believe and its the only one that I have seen in a long time.
    Thanks, Yegor. Yes, I saw that copy - letter G, if I recall correctly - and made an offer on it that was declined. I was considering another offer when it sold. So the search continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    BIG CONGRATS !!!
    Thank you, Frank. This series is one of my favorite of recent years, and the SubPress editions of them are stunning - even for SubPress. They really went above and beyond on this series.

It’s worth mentioning that while the leather covering the traycase and boards looks like it is glossy and smooth, it actually feels silky, almost like a very subtle suede, and has a beautiful texture to it. You can just see it in some of my photos when you look closely.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Lord Foul's Bane, by Stephen Donaldson, signed numbered edition from Grim Oak Press.

This series has long been one of my favorites, and I've hoped for years that someone would do a limited edition of it. Grim Oak have done a superb job.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast