Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunchback Jack Collection - non-King

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Default Hunchback Jack Collection - non-King

This thread will contain pics of some of my non-King collection. Please feel free to move it to somewhere more appropriate, it this is the wrong place.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

The Non-Born King, 1st/1st signed trade:

This copy is inscribed to Dave Dikty, Ms. May's son, to whom the book is dedicated.

After Ms. May's recent death, I tried to get in touch with Dave to gift this book back to him, if he wanted it. But unfortunately, Dave passed away in 2005. I don't remember exactly when I purchased this copy, but it could have been around that time, which would explain why the book was on the market.

In any case, I will hold onto it, and treasure it.

HBJ

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool, I'll watch this thread keenly...

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Cool, I'll watch this thread keenly...
    Same here! I'm loving these new collection threads and watching them closely.

Also, HBJ, what a treasure you have! Perhaps the most personal copy of any book I have seen.

Sorry I've been a bit slow getting more pictures up. I'm trying to figure out how to take photos that will do the books justice. They still won't look much good, but I want to at least try.

These are my Robert McCammon Lettered Editions:

Baal, Blue World and The Border are true Lettereds; the rest are PC.

I'm interested in purchasing any SubPress McCammon Lettered editions I'm missing - PC or otherwise - so please PM me if you know if any available for sale.

Lettered Editions of the Matthew Corbett series by Robert McCammon:

Speaks the Nightbird is exactly the same as the regular limited River City edition, but is marked with a letter instead of a number - BB, in this case. The provenance of these lettered River City volumes is a little uncertain, however.

The Providence Rider is letter B; the rest are letter U.

If anyone has a lead of a lettered Mister Slaughter for sale, please PM me. I can offer a finders fee if a you connect me to a seller and a deal is made.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful books! I wondered how I should photograph all of my non Corbett books and looks like you had a great idea!
    Seems like we are all looking for Mister Slaughter - he he. You have Providence Rider which Im missing as well - we have to find all McCammon owners on this forum so we can do letter swaps!
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice looking books, Peter!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Great display. I've never read McCammon, but I know he's popular.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Beautiful books! I wondered how I should photograph all of my non Corbett books and looks like you had a great idea!
    Seems like we are all looking for Mister Slaughter - he he. You have Providence Rider which Im missing as well - we have to find all McCammon owners on this forum so we can do letter swaps!
    Thanks, Yegor. Your photos of your collection are just brilliant works of presentation. I'm struggling just to find large enough clean flat surfaces to arrange them on, and to get my books lit adequately. You both inspire me, and put me to shame.

Yeah the lettered Mister Slaughter is a tough nut to crack. A PC copy sold on eBay a few months before I had acquired these copies, and I haven't seen one since. It's the first-in-a-series SubPress syndrome.

If I come across a Providence Rider lettered I'll PM you. I haven't seen any since I found this one, I'm afraid.

I'd love to find other lettered owners to try to find matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Nice looking books, Peter!
    Thanks, Brian. There are actually a few different editions of McCammon's books out there, but I'm focusing on the SubPress editions for now. I'd really love them to do a Speaks the Nightbird.

McCammon seems to be publishing with Cemetery Dance now, though, which makes me wonder if future Corbett volumes will be from them. It would be a shame if the series didn't match.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Great display. I've never read McCammon, but I know he's popular.
    Thanks! I had not read him until I picked up Speaks the Nightbird a few years ago, and was totally hooked. I've been gradually reading his older works, and collecting his work when I can.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

You don't see May's Saga of the Exiles mentioned much anymore, so it is especially awesome to see that cool copy of yours!

Thanks! Yes I have a soft spot for the series, which I read during my formative years. It still holds up reasonably well, I think.

I consider Intervention and Jack the Bodiless to be her best work, though. Using the framing device of Rogatien Remillard's memoir to tell the story of the Metapsychic Rebellion was genius, and Rogi is a wonderful character. That series fizzled out a bit, though, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Also, HBJ, what a treasure you have! Perhaps the most personal copy of any book I have seen.
    Yeah, certainly I don't have anything else like this. I am thrilled to have it - but it's also a little unsettling, I must admit.

A dozen British Bears:

This is what I've been collecting recently. I read a bunch of Greg Bear back in the day, and really enjoyed the stories and the U.K. Cover art. So recently I've been collecting British 1st/1st editions of the books I particularly liked. Only The Venging and Heads are signed.

They aren't particularly rare, and weren't particularly expensive. Bear has fallen off the SF radar, I think. But I was very happy to find them.

ETA: sorry about the bright reflections. I'm still trying to find a good place to photograph books for this thread. As you can see, it's a work in progress.

HBJ

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Really cool covers! Can’t say I’ve read any of those but they look great. Which I think is enough of a reason to collect a book haha.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the Greg Bear books I have a UK Blood Music and UK Blood Music proof that I wanted to get signed, and it turned out to be pretty easy to have done. I contacted Greg Bear through the discussion board on his website. Basically I posted that I loved Blood Music and asked if there was any way to get some books signed, and he e-mailed me with his address and told me to mail him the books with a return shipping label included. He did it pretty quick too. If you posted something on that site, he would probably sign some of your books and all it would cost would be the shipping
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Don’t know how I missed your lettered McCammons. Those are amazing man. I just started collecting his works but there are no letters on my shelves. Of all the McCammon S/Ls, which is your favorite in terms of appearance?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Adam, the Matthew Corbett S/Ls, hands down. The foil embossed slipcases are really nicely done - photos don't do them justice - and the books themselves have additional content not in the trade edition. And the stories themselves are fantastic.

The other volumes are also very nice - the oversized Sean Song and Boys World are top notch - but for me, the Corbetts are something special.

I saw your FB post about the recent McCammons you bought from Siep. Congratulations, man. You're off to a great start!

A mish-mash of Clive Barker signed limited editions. I don't really collect Barker with the same focus as other authors, but I've (somehow) managed to acquire a few editions of his books I particularly like:

UK signed limited edition of The Great and Secret Show, in traycase:

Earthling signed limited edition of The Scarlet Gospels:

HarperCollins S/L of Imajica:

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Those are great looking books.

I hate to say this, but I've never read anything by Barker that I liked, although admittedly I've not read much by him.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

I certainly like some of his work more than others. Imajica and Secret Show are very good; his other novels less so.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great adds. I really like most of what I’ve read from Barker, but his Books of Blood are his best achievement, IMO.

The limited reissue edition of David Wingrove's Chung Kuo series:

This series has an unusual publication history. It was originally published in the 90s, and while Wingrove had conceived of it as a 9 book series, the publisher forced him to condense the last two volumes into one. The last volume is not that great, as a result.

Fast-forward 20 years, and a small U.K. Publishing house approached Wingrove to reissue the series, revising the entire story from beginning to end, expanding the final volume into its original intended length, splitting each original volume into two, and writing a new two-volume prelude story. The result was a 20 volume epic, to be published over 4-5 years - including a signed limited edition of each volume.

Sadly, the ambitious project failed after 8 volumes. This set is as complete as it will ever be.

The earlier limited volumes had a publication run of 250; the later volumes, just 50. The endpapers display the dust jacket illustrations of the trade editions, and contain two-color printing throughout. They are nice volumes.

As an investment, though, they were not a success. Just recently, a set sold on eBay for one third of what I paid for these. And what I paid was a pretty good price at the time. I'm still glad to have them, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast