Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunchback Jack Collection - non-King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice add, Peter!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Very nice indeed, Peter. Congratulations!
    Thanks, Alan.

SubPress did the first six volumes of this series, and this is the first volume that CD have done since McCammon moved over to them as his publisher. They have tried to maintain a consistency of style with the previous volumes, while still distinguishing Cardinal Black from them. I think they've done a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I assume the Cardinal is not a nice guy?
    Indeed, he is not, Steve, although he may not be the worst villain of the series the we encounter before we are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Nice add, Peter!
    Thanks, Brian.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Matching Lettered editions of Blackout and All Clear by Connie Willis, from Subterranean Press:

This is the second of three long-sought-after purchases I made recently (the first being Straub's lost boy lost girl).

These two Hugo-winning novels form a single time-travel story of life in London during the Battle of Britain. Connie Willis spent the better part of a decade writing it, and the Blitz has been an intense interest of hers, so the result is pretty remarkable.

I had a PC lettered copy of All Clear, and had long been looking for any copy of Blackout, when this matching pair appeared for sale online. I wasn't really looking for a matching pair, but the seller and I came to an acceptable price, and I'm very pleased indeed to have them. As it turns out, to my great surprise, I was able to find another lettered copy of Blackout shortly thereafter, and so I'll be selling the unmatched lettered pair soon.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Peter! Love the way she signs her name.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Love the way she signs her name.
    Legibly - always a nice touch.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Love the way she signs her name.
    Legibly - always a nice touch.
    Agreed. I like the way she signs her last name under her first. Instead of straight across the line provided.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Peter!
    I actually loved the design of both books - don't know if variation was part of the plan or not. Curved spine is one of my favorites for thicker books when displayed but I dont like to photograph it, lol as it never lays flat.
    Nice additions as I know you are a fan of Willis!
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG BIG BIG CONGRATS Peter !!!

Congrats, Peter! Love the way she signs her name.
    Thanks, Brian! Her sig is remarkably consistent over the years, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Congrats Peter!
    I actually loved the design of both books - don't know if variation was part of the plan or not. Curved spine is one of my favorites for thicker books when displayed but I dont like to photograph it, lol as it never lays flat.
    Nice additions as I know you are a fan of Willis!
    Thanks very much, Yegor! It's good to see you here. Yes, I agree about the curved spine and the difficulty in "posing" it for pictures. And you are right that I am a fan of Willis' work - although I can see why she's not for everyone. Very pleased to find and buy this matching set.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    BIG BIG BIG CONGRATS Peter !!!
    Thanks very much, Frank.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

This is the grail I mentioned a few months back. A long-sought after edition of a favourite novel - and the beginning of a favourite series.

This is the Lettered Edition of The Shadow of the Wind, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, from Subterranean Press.

This book is a stunning production, and this copy is in impeccable condition. I cannot believe I own it; I thought it an impossible dream.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Incredible edition. Great story too.

John F. Kennedy Sulla has a spectacular aura about Sulla has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations, Peter!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Never read him, but it looks fantastic.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Peter! A gorgeous production.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

Congratulations! The marbled covers are especially beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Incredible edition. Great story too.
    I agree. The best series I've read in a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Congratulations, Peter!
    Thanks very much, Sulla. Couldn't be more pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Never read him, but it looks fantastic.
    I would recommend the series. Not in the horror genre, more in the historical drama realm. But it's a great read.

Congrats, Peter! A gorgeous production.
    One of SubPress's best, in my opinion. (I know I say that a lot, but they do a lot of very nice editions!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Congratulations! The marbled covers are especially beautiful.
    They are gorgeous. It's silk, too, I believe.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Wow. That last book looks incredible. Congrats Peter.

A "slideshow unboxing" of the Numbered Edition of Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin, from Suntup Editions:

Lots of beautiful little details in this edition, from the covers to the binding to the printing to the silver page edging. A lovely, elegant presentation of an iconic novel.

A gorgeous edition, not done any favours by my amateurish photography skills. (Note to self: if photographing a smooth book in front of a textured wall, make sure the phone focuses on the book and not the wall!)

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Awesome. Can't wait to see it in person when I get home.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That is such a sweet production
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well done!

looking for: The Terror S/L,
    Dead Zone 1st/1st F or NF, Boy's Life S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on RB, Peter! It is a great production.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

SUPERBEAUTIFUL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Wow. That last book looks incredible. Congrats Peter.
    Thanks, Mike. Like I said, it was a long-sought-after book, one of my Holy Grails of collecting. The novel itself is just fantastic, and this edition of it is stunning. They almost never come up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Awesome. Can't wait to see it in person when I get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    That is such a sweet production
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Well done!
    Congrats on RB, Peter! It is a great production.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    SUPERBEAUTIFUL !!!
    Thank you all. It's beautifully understated. Congrats to all of you whom were able to get one for yourself.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    This is an absolutely stupendous acquisition and I'm very jealous! This has been on my grail list as well for some time and I've never seen one available. What a masterpiece this is!

I can't decide if it's a good thing or not that Sub Press dropped the production values on this series considerably after this book. On one hand it means that I have one Zafon grail instead of many, but on the other hand it seems like kind of a shame that the rest of the series pales in comparison to this amazing volume

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast