Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: ym2000 Collection

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Great photos, Yegor. Congratulations on your new Jack Vance acquisitions, and that old man’s war series is a real prize! I haven’t seen some of those lettered editions before-thank you for posting them!

And, of course, the silence of the lambs. What an incredible edition! You really brought out its magnificence. I think the Suntup red dragon lettered edition will be a fitting companion for it.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wanted to share a few photos of last few weeks acquisitions - so Im going to combine them all into one and post shots of highlights that I loved about these books.

First is Asimov's Foundation Trilogy by Easton Press, which I have no idea why I need to get into EP collecting again, but I wanted this book real bad apparently. It has a signature of Michael Whelan and James Gunn as well as Asimov. Which is cool.

Spinning Silver By Shawn Speakman' company Grim Oak which is absolutely stunning in all white. Naomi Novik's excellent work and now Grim Oak officially expanded into 3rd shelf.

I Am Legend by Richard Matheson published by Suntup Editions.
    By now I feel like everyone here already bought this book, took all pictures, shared everywhere, etc but I really loved this edition so I bought it even though its not a lettered state I usually collect.

H.P. Lovecraft' Dark Dreamlands I and II by Pegana Press.
    My first purchase from this wonderful fine letterepress company and they are absolutely stunning.

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Very impressive!
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing new stuff !!!

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful as usual, Yegor.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Great stuff!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Just fantastic stuff, like usual.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the color and the edges on the Grim Oak book.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing is photographed until you shoot it. Love the new look at I Am Legend.

Country
    Country Flag

The Lottery by Shirley Jackson.
    Suntup Editions, 2020
    I love photographing unique books as they present a really fun way to experiment and challenge me creatively at the same time.
    There are many examples of these types of books in the past as recent as Limited edition of Let The Right One In - the boards had almost jewel like texture that has a beautiful sparkle depending on the angle.
    When I've read Becca describing The Lottery boards as Caviar I was immediately intrigued - I am Russian after all, lol (And depending on the depth of field, it does look a lot like belugas opalescent and luminous eggs)
    Obsidian color shagreen stingray is truly gorgeous in any light - with texture resembling diamonds and pearls with a stunning crown in the middle.

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

WOW. Man I wish can get lettered books. That Lottery looks amazing. Even though I swam with Sting Rays and I find it hard to have a book made out of their skin. But that's just me. Becca explained to me how they got the skins so I am good with that.
    It's still an amazing production (truth be told, I would not mind owning one). And awesome photos, as usual. Maybe one day I will be able to get a lettered something.
    Congrats again.

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you!
    My wife spent a lot of time swimming with stingrays in Bora Bora - I just took pictures so Im OK with pretty much anything but yes the process is not what you think.
    As to lettered editions - Suntup is one press that definitely makes completely different book with that edition. For the most part of every other publisher its an "upgrade" of sort over limited but not something totally new.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    WOW. Man I wish can get lettered books. That Lottery looks amazing. Even though I swam with Sting Rays and I find it hard to have a book made out of their skin. But that's just me. Becca explained to me how they got the skins so I am good with that.
    It's still an amazing production (truth be told, I would not mind owning one). And awesome photos, as usual. Maybe one day I will be able to get a lettered something.
    Congrats again.
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Beautiful book!

Country
    Country Flag

Fallen Angel / Angels Inferno - somewhere in other forum my friend Tim wrote a beautiful review and there are a lot more photos.
    Centipede Press

Senlin Ascends and Arm Of Sphinx by Josiah Bancroft
    Subterranean Press, Lettered
    Art by Thomas Kidd.
    As much as I loved numbered editions that were published earlier this year, the lettereds will be a highlight for Subterranean Press for years to come.
    There are many cool little elements about this production - I’m gonna point out the obvious ones.
    This is the first time ever SP produced a book with bradel binding - where the boards are separate from the spine, and the result is nothing short of spectacular.
    I love the train embossing on a traycase to match signature page and the tickets - which were also given out with numbered edition.

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

My Mood
    Cool

I knew it. I just knew it. I just took pics of that same CP set and of course yours are just outstanding. Mine are meh compared to yours. Plus I like the love the look of that other book.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazing books (and photographs). The more I see Falling Angel from CP, the more I want it. (I'm about to start reading it, too)...

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Wow, those Bancroft lettered editions are amazing! And it looks like SubPress used a different method of binding for them - fantastic and unique.

I passed on these as I hadn't read the novels and didn't know the author. Thanks for showing us how they look. Just gorgeous.

(And beautiful photos as always, Yegor).

Edited to add: oh, I see you mentioned the binding already. I should read the text instead of just gawking at the photos next time.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Superbeautiful !!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great shots!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Here are some of the shots I did for Paul Suntup:
    Neuromancer, 2021 - Lettered edition

I remember the first time I saw this prototype.
    My immediate reaction was - holy sh@%! this is the most amazing and creative thing I have seen in my book collecting history! Imagine a printed circuit board that is absolutely perfect for a work of science fiction like this, with a title and Gibson' name looking beautifully so it looks like its always been there, it belonged.
    The back board which is not shown in release photos is also printed with a beautiful logo.
    Both Lettered and limited editions will be a collecting grail for years to come.

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Great work!

Country
    Country Flag

A few things to post from the last few weeks.

The Forever War by Joe Haldeman
    Easton Press, 1988. What makes this book special?
    It is signed by 3 people! Joe Haldeman and illustrator Vincent DiFate on the title page as well as Ben Bova who wrote an amazing intro for this novel.

Cardinal Black by Robert McCammon
    Art by Vincent Chong, Cemetery Dance, 2020
    This edition has been delayed by COVID-19 and when it finally arrived I could not wait to see what Brian and Cemetery Dance will do with the lettered, how will they continue the legacy that Subterranean started with earlier Corbett books.
    It did not disappoint - although traycase leather feel is a bit different than SP, overall presentation is top notch, including beautiful endpapers and traycase inlays, design and of course Vinny Chong illustrations are amazing.
    I ended up selling almost all of my McCammons earlier this year keeping only limited and lettered of this series.

This is the latest addition to my Centipede Press collection - Ambrose Bierce: Masters of the Weird Tale
    Published by Centipede Press, 2013
    The edition was limited to 200 signed and numbered copies, and was signed by S.T. Joshi and Jason C. Eckhardt

This book is from my friend Jonas Ploger - his amazing work deserves more attention by collectors everywhere.
    Witch-Cult Abbey by Mark Samuels.
    Zagava, 2020
    One of 5 Artists editions which consists of a Lettered edition, a bibliography, a traycase with perspex window and an original drawing by Joseph Dawson.

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

My Mood
    Cool

Great as usual. I am looking forward to my limited Nueromancer. The lettered looks stunning.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supersupernice new stuff, BIG CONGRATS !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice productions!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast