Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: ym2000 Collection

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool!

Yegor only lettered books you collect?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dude .... Rooster....Pekka - how the heck did you do this????? Its insane!!!!!! WOW - you are awesome!
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Very cool!

Yegor only lettered books you collect?
    With a few exceptions. Its my creative way controlling how many books I should have in my library which is limited to one room only.
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I think that post should be copied and pasted by Yegor in his first post. That way, all new people can see it first if they start with the first page and Yegor can update it himself when he gets new books.
    But that is amazing work Rooster.
    Got it done! Now I need to learn how to add to it. Rooster is over the top. So incredible. Im thankful.
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Dude .... Rooster....Pekka - how the heck did you do this????? Its insane!!!!!! WOW - you are awesome!
    Agreed. That was nuts.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    I think that post should be copied and pasted by Yegor in his first post. That way, all new people can see it first if they start with the first page and Yegor can update it himself when he gets new books.
    But that is amazing work Rooster.
    Got it done! Now I need to learn how to add to it. Rooster is over the top. So incredible. Im thankful.
    Since it's your post, you could probably just hit the edit button and do it that way. That's how I maintain my list on my front page.
    But I don't have links. Just page numbers and the post number for some of my books.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Try this. copy the web address of your first page. Then write want you want to write and highlight it. Then go to the insert link and hit
    paste. And then post. That should do it. If I am wrong, I am sure Rooster could correct where I am wrong.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Outstanding work, Rooster. Well done!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yegor - awesome to see you finish The Gothic Series set. So beautiful all together!!

I had forgotten when you posted The Golem - it didn't ring a bell - so I went back to find it, which was made waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier by Rooster, so a big +1 and some positive rep for that! Absolutely a worth collection thread to have such an index. I got lost in it for a bit just now, reliving some of the earlier acquisitions...

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

Haha, thanks guys, I appreciate it. I was going to do a link just to the Gothics series Yegor mentioned and drop a line about someone doing it for the rest of the stuff in this thread, but then I thought, why couldn't I be that someone, so I did it, heh. Happy to help index Yegor's awesome pictures!

Editing the post is relatively straightforward. Edit your post, then to make it easier, copy and paste an existing line with the URL tags to its relevant new position on the list, and modify the text accordingly. Then get the URL address to your post by right clicking on the post number, choosing "copy link as" (or whatever it is in English), and replace the copy pasted URL with the one you got.

I'd write the URL tags here explicitly, but I actually don't know how to do that without the forum automatically converting it into a link, which kind of defeats the purpose.

EDIT: I figured out a way. See below for example, and just replace < and > with [ and ] respectively.

<URL="http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?21560-ym2000-Collection&p=1149012&viewfull=1#post1149012">Moorc ock, Michael / Elric of Melnibone / Centipede Press / deluxe</URL>

Country
    Country Flag

First is something really really cool - I love Blindsight and was happy for Centipede Press to do it together with Echopraxia.
    I wanted a slipcase though!!!!!! WTH! I need a slipcase Jerad!!!! LOL

Next is Elegy For Darkness by Jacqueline Carey - Grim Oak Press.
    Love their stain edge treatment!

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Lord Foul's Bane by Stephen R Donaldson with art by Allen Morris

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Fire & Blood by George R. R. Martin
    Subterranean Press
    Mind blown. Probably the best GRRM book done by SP. Simply over the top.

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

One of my favorite books of all time...
    The Labyrinth Of The Spirits by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
    The Cemetery Of Forgotten Books

And the line up all together which is by far the most admired, loved and cherished collection of books I own...

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

John F. Kennedy Sulla has a spectacular aura about Sulla has a spectacular aura about

Your new acquisitions look splendid, Yegor. Is your lettered Elegy for Darkness also letter G?

Do you have an idea which materials they used for the lettered Fire and Blood? Is it all leather or also cloth?

Would you have preferred that Subpress did books 2-4 by Zafon in the same style as book 1 or the other way around? Or do you prefer it the way they did it now?

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Wow. Such a wonderful and varied collection of editions. Congratulations!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cool

Those new additions are fantastic. I mean, I am really impressed with the quality. I broke my promises to myself to never look in here... OOOPPS. I just had to. I wish I could get
    books like that. They just look like great productions. I wish I new about these some of these publishers before. But even if I did, right now, I sort of have to stick with Suntup.
    Not a complaint by me. It's just that I know I am missing out on what might be great books printed elsewhere. Again, congrats.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

You always have the most beautiful books and photos of them
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The photography is outstanding!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

SUPERNICE NEW BOOKS, BIG CONGRATS Yegor !!!

Country
    Country Flag

I think all my GRIM OAK books are letter G
    Fire and Blood is all leather - similar to A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms
    As to Cemetery Of Forgotten Books...
    Of course I would have loved The Shadow style books as it still remain one of the best productions from the publisher. Its truly spectacular.
    I think Bill commented that mistake was made but he does not remember how and who and when. The binder that did the book still exists today with a shops in NY and Vermont. great guy. He repaired one of Butcher lettered for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Your new acquisitions look splendid, Yegor. Is your lettered Elegy for Darkness also letter G?

Do you have an idea which materials they used for the lettered Fire and Blood? Is it all leather or also cloth?

Would you have preferred that Subpress did books 2-4 by Zafon in the same style as book 1 or the other way around? Or do you prefer it the way they did it now?
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you my friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Wow. Such a wonderful and varied collection of editions. Congratulations!
    Thank you! Suntup makes amazing books and I am very fortune to own some.
    Those new additions are fantastic. I mean, I am really impressed with the quality. I broke my promises to myself to never look in here... OOOPPS. I just had to. I wish I could get
    books like that. They just look like great productions. I wish I new about these some of these publishers before. But even if I did, right now, I sort of have to stick with Suntup.
    Not a complaint by me. It's just that I know I am missing out on what might be great books printed elsewhere. Again, congrats.
    Ha! Thank you so much for the compliment. With this virus thing it might accelerate a bit. Or not. I might return to shooting more outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    You always have the most beautiful books and photos of them
    Thank you sir so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    The photography is outstanding!
    Thank you! It was unusually busy with arrivals and now Im in need of selling as more space needed. You got some super nice ones as well!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    SUPERNICE NEW BOOKS, BIG CONGRATS Yegor !!!
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

YES! Your pictures of pretty books are exactly the kind of content I need right now! Maybe I'll finally get off my ass and make a non-King collection thread for others to experience some escapism as well. I'm inspired!

I'm glad you took pictures of the Peter Watts books - I think they turned out especially nicely and I like that you always capture the front boards. Lots of folks never take off the dustjackets and don't see how wonderful most of Jerad's front boards are.

Also nice pics of Fire & Blood - really shows off the nice leather. (I heard recently that GRRM wanted to have a $500 ceiling on the price for the AGOT lettered books, which is why most of the Sub Press lettered GRRM books are really just not very special. Glad they did away with that for the other books.)

Speaking of leather, I haven't experienced any of Grim Oak Press's lettered editions, and of course your photography makes them look very nice. How is the leather on those?

Country
    Country Flag

I havent visited this thread in a while. Let get get some photos going.
    First up - SUNTUP and and its amazing The Time Machine.

Country
    Country Flag

Shirley Jackson's HHH by Centipede Press. I should have waited to take these photos until Deluxe arrives. Oh well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast