Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: ym2000 Collection

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excellent photography as usual! Also removed that spam for ya.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supernice new stuff, BIG CONGRATS !!!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I really don't know how it's possible that this thread keeps on getting better and better, but it does. I just wander in here to look at the wonderful stuff, even if I have
    seen it before in here.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the rounded spine on the Dangerous Ways traycase! Why oh why didn't they do the same thing for Desperate Days?!

That said, doing interesting stuff with the spine of a traycase - rounding, hubbing, tooling, etc. - is an overlooked feature in a lot of small press offerings, which makes that Dangerous Ways an especially pretty book! That, and the material looks really neat. Nice grab, that pair

I'll be interested to keep up with your Vance acquisitions; a good sized output among a number of small presses. I don't collect him (yet, perhaps) but have been eyeing his stuff in Steve's collection thread, who first introduced me to the lettered Dangerous Ways when he commented that the Sub Press lettered edition was one of his most favorite books (or something similar) and posted a pic when I asked about it.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

It's the one thing about SubPress that dismays me - they sometimes change a traycase or book design halfway through a series. I like that they switch it up sometimes, and experiment with new approaches, but I wish they would keep a series looking uniform.

(They usually do, I should stress, but at least a couple of times they haven't).

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    And these two are just the beginning of my Jack Vance purchasing spree.
    There are about seven more books to photograph but I will start with a matching letter set of Desperate Days and Dangerous Ways - Pekka, I started my Vance journey!!!
    Hell yes, congratulations!! This is a fantastic way to start. And I'm happy we're going to get top notch pictures of the Vance lettereds!

Speaking about SP traycases, I'm not a fan of the rounded spine when it's the odd man out (like the lettered of The Neutronium Alchemist), but I really like the Dangerous Ways traycase. It looks good.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I spent some time researching as to why it is.
    Most of the answers did not lead to experimentation but rather something else. For example - really old school cases with a flap ( Fevre Dream, Old Man's War) - they were discontinued due to constant quality issues and the binder who made them. The new binder after that ( happened to many presses at some point) did not make in business very long and there was another switch. And the last reason is the gap between the books themselves - the years between editions in the series. Longer time - more chances it will not match. You would be surprised but many publishers do not keep a "design book" of all their productions so for the most part they have to do a research as to what the heck did they produce this book in. Publishers even reached out to me for photos of their own book in order to show the design to binder. Now say if that work is not done, then you get completely different tray case and you and I will be sitting scratching our heads and freaking out because cases dont match, lol
    This last one is a tough one for all OCD people. Hopefully with a help of online photography "database" and better cataloging software inconsistencies will be rare. I pray they will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    It's the one thing about SubPress that dismays me - they sometimes change a traycase or book design halfway through a series. I like that they switch it up sometimes, and experiment with new approaches, but I wish they would keep a series looking uniform.

(They usually do, I should stress, but at least a couple of times they haven't).

HBJ
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Jack Vance Continued.

Hard Luck Diggings

The Kragen

The Jack Vance Reader

Magic Highways

Wild Thyme Green Magic

Last edited by ym2000; 09-21-2020 at 07:54 AM.
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really beautiful publications! Congrats, Sir.

Some really fine cover art as well.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice looking books
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Can't go wrong with Vance!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll just keep repeating myself so I'll be here observing quietly, like in a museum
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

NICE Vance books !!!

Country
    Country Flag

One more:

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Very nice. SubPress makes some really nice books. Your Jack Vance collection is impressive. He is an author I have never heard of. Maybe one day...
    Congrats again.

Country
    Country Flag

This one I just did because of constant reshuffling of shelves and preparing for Red Dragon by Suntup Editions. Not a new addition - just a reshoot.
    The Silence Of The Lambs by Thomas Harris, Subterranean Press.

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

My Mood
    Cool

I hate to keep on repeating myself, but your SubPress collection is truly awesome and Silence of the Lambs is no exception. I am always late on SubPress books that look interesting to me.
    Oh well, we can't get everything right?

Country
    Country Flag

This has been on my "to get list" for a few years. As an avid science fiction fan - I just "had to" find one of the best space operas published by Subterranean Press.
    I was presented with an opportunity to buy this set a year or so ago but I was in a bit of a funk and decided to pass. Regretted it later. Due to some lucky circumstances last month I was offered to purchase it again and could not pass up.
    This collection is one of only 15 available and considering how many stand alone editions I have seen for sale over the years, I would say its one of 15 or less. Way less.
    John Scalzi - Old Man's War.
    Subterranean Press.

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'll just keep repeating myself so I'll be here observing quietly, like in a museum
    Same exact strategy. Shall our silence not be a reflection of our aw.

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

SP does some nice work.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing looking books and photog!!!!!!!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

The Silence of the Lambs will match well with Red Dragon. I love the fact that Thomas takes pride in his signature. Arguably one of the best out there.

Country
    Country Flag

Ha! Thats because he only had to sign 60 copies!
    I sign Xmas cards for my employees and I lose feeling in my fingers after 100
    But seriously - his penmanship is superb

The Silence of the Lambs will match well with Red Dragon. I love the fact that Thomas takes pride in his signature. Arguably one of the best out there.
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you - you are way too kind! I need to find more creativity in book photography! On the other hand it is about the book not the art of taking a photo of the book, lol
    I did see some great photography of paperbacks so its not all about beautiful books - although some PB are super cool.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Same exact strategy. Shall our silence not be a reflection of our aw.

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

THANK YOU!!!
    I wish there was a better system here to catalog this. Maybe its in Library section? I dont know - seems like a major pain going through all these pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Amazing looking books and photog!!!!!!!!!
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast