Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: King Country print

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default King Country print

I know some folks here for some reason don't venture outside the Corner so I thought I'd repost this since I found it to be pretty cool:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/there-are-al...-po-1824997224
    Thanks to It, Gerald’s Game, the upcoming Castle Rock, and even The Mist and The Dark Tower, Stephen King is hot in Hollywood again. But just because the film and TV industries are once again taking notice of the legendary writer doesn’t mean fans have ever forgotten him.

Once such fan is artist Jordan Monsell. He has created this vivid poster he’s calling “King Country” that’ll first be on sale at this month’s Monsterpalooza in Pasadena, CA. It combines over 170 different King characters, references, and more into one image. Check it out.

The main influence on this, of course, is Stephen King, but Monsell also cites Hieronymus Bosch and Pieter Bruegel as visual inspirations. As for the references, some of them are obvious. Others, not so much. It would take a true King fan to name them all and, thankfully, Monsell has provided a key that makes it easy to check yourself.

So, how did you do?

If you’d like to snag one of these 16x20 inch prints, they’ll be on sale at Table 97 at Monsterpalooza, taking place April 13-15 at the Pasadena Convention Center in California. Additional copies will go on sale at a later date and info will be on Monsell’s Facebook.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Woah, that's a lot of references.
    I swear that artwork reminds me of Garbage Pail Kids.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Still tres cool.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Woah, that's a lot of references.
    I swear that artwork reminds me of Garbage Pail Kids.
    omg you're right it does! I still have my Garbage Pail Kids cards stored away somewhere.

Loved collecting those things.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Wolfe Von Lenkiewicz springs to mind.