Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29

Thread: May Nocturnal Readers Box

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Yeah, I had faith in them, even sent an e-mail saying so, but still did not get a refund when I finally requested one.
    I used to keep a list of all the small presses that owed me money for books never published but I threw it out years ago. It was something like $300 or so total.
    And a certain defunct bookstore owner around here still never paid me back my nearly $500 deposit for merchandise never received.
    It's a dog eat dog world, arf arf!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The grass is always greener where the dogs are shitting.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Yeah, I had faith in them, even sent an e-mail saying so, but still did not get a refund when I finally requested one.
    I used to keep a list of all the small presses that owed me money for books never published but I threw it out years ago. It was something like $300 or so total.
    And a certain defunct bookstore owner around here still never paid me back my nearly $500 deposit for merchandise never received.
    It's a dog eat dog world, arf arf!
    I've had my fair share of eBay buys that weren't quite -- or, even, close to -- as advertised, but the only time I experienced a bookstore not delivering upon payment was Black Orchid Bookshop of NY. Probably wasn't much, I'm sure it was under $50 as I recall it was for just one book and this would've been back in the early '90s (yeah, okay, I hold onto a grudge like a visegrip). They went out of business sometime between 2010 and 2012, from what I can tell by Google, and I certainly don't shed any tears about that. The only other incident was a Shocklines store Garton pre-order (the store, not the long-awaited CD anthology), but owner Matt Schwartz graciously made good on it a decade-plus later, so no harm done. For someone who's been doing this book-buying thing for over thirty years and to only have two (really, one, if you don't count the resolved Shocklines issue) incidents, I think that's a damn good track record, and it shows what a great community this is 99.9% of the time. It probably helps that I try and keep pre-orders to a minimum, avoid things like Nocturnal Reader's Box, and approach brand-new presses with caution, but I like to think it's more a reflection of the community than any safeguards I may have in place.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

I know I approached Centipede Press with too much caution when the came out with Salems Lot……still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on that one and waiting too long.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Nobody else got stucked in the NRB loop?
    I remember that it was quite a big deal a few years back
    My credit union took care of me so i lost nothing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29