Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mid-World Military Structure

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Mid-World Military Structure

The new information coming from the comic books is really interesting.

I always knew that Gilead had to have a "head" of some kind but passed Authur, it was never really discussed.

Then we find out Steven was to be named before it all went to hell so it made me consider the wars they had to fight.

In our military, things are set up by division (general)-brigade (full bird)-battallion (sometimes major, sometimes not)- company (captain)-squad (lieutenant)

(sorry about the spelling)

Also, there is a sergeant at every level of that chain. The officer is admin stuff, the sergeant is for the troops. Then on down to private.

Do you guys thing they had a similiar structure for large battles or maybe something else?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'm sure they had some kind of structure but wasn't Steven to be named due to his being from the line of Eld? I'm not sure on this . Maybe I missed something in the comic.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that is true which remids me a little of a monarchy but it seems like the other Gunslingers served as kind of a senate.

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Do you guys thing they had a similiar structure for large battles or maybe something else?
    I think they had some sort of similar structure. I hope we get some more insight into this in the coming comic arcs. There were only so many Gunslingers, I would like to see how they handled the large battles. Were there non-Gunslingers that still had some sort of military-type rank similar to our military? Like I said, I hope the comics can give us some insight.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too because I feel like its an interesting topic. I have to assume there were "non-gunslingers" in the military ranks of midworld but I have no idea how they would have been organized.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This may seem like a silly question but was Cort a gunslinger? Was his father? I really don't remember it actually saying they were. I'm sure those two would have fought in any wars with the gunslingers so that leads me to believe that non-gunslingers would be fighting too.
    As far as military structure I don't think they would have gone with ranks/titles but I'm sure there was organization of a kind in their battles. I can't imagine Roland in a battle without organizational planning.

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This may seem like a silly question but was Cort a gunslinger? Was his father? I really don't remember it actually saying they were. I'm sure those two would have fought in any wars with the gunslingers so that leads me to believe that non-gunslingers would be fighting too.
    Cort, along with those predecessors that were mentioned, were not Gunslingers, since they were referred to as servants pretty much. As when Roland called out for Cort as a bondsman when he busted into his house and initiated his trial. I'm sure that having the title of trainer still carried a lot of respect though. Also, it does mention that Cort fought in past battles, since it describes his battle scars, and the fact that he is blind in one eye from some past battle.

As far as military structure I don't think they would have gone with ranks/titles but I'm sure there was organization of a kind in their battles.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see on this one. That is, assuming the future comic arcs shed some light on this. I tend to think there might have been some sort of rank/title/acknowledgement of heroic deeds, something, for non-Gunslingers.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info Vols!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Thanks for the info Vols!
    Anytime Monte.

Along the Path of the Beam Babymordred121 is on a distinguished road Babymordred121's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The military of Mid-World is probably similar to the military of ours. The Gunslingers are something separate from the traditional military; sort of like how the SS were trained separately from normal Nazi system of soldiers and commanders.
    "I serve only one masta: DAAKNESS" - Peter Boil, Swashbuckler

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

i agree, but i think that the military probably reverted to around the dark ages.
    kinda liek this
    army of warriors at frontlines
    snipers/archers in front of, behind, or separate from warriors
    backed up by artillery (catapults, ancient weaponries leik recovered cannons and tanks )

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Babymordred121 View Post
    sort of like how the SS were trained separately from normal Nazi system of soldiers and commanders.
    very apt, and essentially very appropriate

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread